Brosephiine's Guide to Being Patient with Game Devs

Brosephiine

Not sure about IE, but in Firefox and Chrome you can resize websites on the fly by pressing the 'ctrl' button and scrolling with your mouse wheel.

The only issue with that is that the text is then unreadable. It'll take a lot of browser customization just to get this single site looking right and could mess up the number of other sites I visit. Could be avoided if they'd just done it right to begin with.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EA are notorious for their harsh deadlines,

prompting sacrifices in quality in order

for developers to avoid defaulting.

As it stands, we're paying to test a product

that could have been given a lot more polish

before it was released were deadlines

moved/more time given towards development.

However, this translates to increased costs and

the aforementioned defaulting.

They would not sell us a product we wouldn't buy -

I bought it and like many are funding the trend to

release games that lack the proper investiture

of money to ensure quality.

OP, I have sympathy for the developers - but not

the publishers repeatedly attempting to cover more

costs by dumping unfinished products on the public,

nor those that buy said unfinished products and

expect the quality of their purchases to improve.

If we want to promote a better quality of gaming

product we must stop passively supporting the

production and distribution of unfinished products.

This would directly translate to: Stop making excuses

and stop giving games backed by certain publishers

money.

I actually agree with this, though I doubt it would ever happen. It's hard for us to stop supporting the production of these unfinished games when we don't even know they're not finished until we buy them.

EA are notorious for their harsh deadlines,

prompting sacrifices in quality in order

for developers to avoid defaulting.

OP, I have sympathy for the developers - but not

the publishers repeatedly attempting to cover more

costs by dumping unfinished products on the public,

nor those that buy said unfinished products and

expect the quality of their purchases to improve.

Me too. Looking at other games after wondering what the did to this one, I'm kinda thinking EA's scared of having a successful MMO under their belt. Like they can't handle it or get their heads around the idea of making money from subs and establishing a good name for themselves, and are content to keep pumping games out and making money from initial sales and a couple of subs. That's the only explanation I can come up with for so many mistakes they've made in SWTOR. It really almost does sound like they're trying to sabotage their own game. How else do you explain making the same mistakes over and over again?

The only issue with that is that the text is then unreadable. It'll take a lot of browser customization just to get this single site looking right and could mess up the number of other sites I visit. Could be avoided if they'd just done it right to begin with.

I'd account this one to site design. While I can say the concept is gorgeous, the implementation is not practical. It does not optimize the space, nor does it offer ease of access. I'd like to have an opportunity to design the website, but sadly there's no way to do that.

I'd account this one to site design. While I can say the concept is gorgeous, the implementation is not practical. It does not optimize the space, nor does it offer ease of access. I'd like to have an opportunity to design the website, but sadly there's no way to do that.

Yeah, I agree. I'm a little saddened that it turned out like this. :<