Can everyone with 550+ expertise...

Bizwolf

...say which class right now is the most OP?

In my opinion there isn't one. As an Operative, any class can beat me that is equally geared as myself.

As a Sorc, the same goes for that. It's funny that most people look at the end and see 500k damage and think it meant something but it's your team not targeting the guy dotting the whole damn team. You pressure him, he doesn't get that. I can do that in Lethality but it's boring.

Actually 500+ can chime in because they will know too.

The only class that needs love is Sniper but then again I've seen one guy that can't lose to anything but he's an exception to the rule.

Yes, I'm a little mad (well not real life mad) because of the last 3 months of nerfs to Op's but everyone I talk to that has my gear or better thinks we are fine and they have no problems anymore.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I play a sorc and a scoundrel, IMO scoundrels / ops and mercenaries / commandos are the most overpowered.

I think that after the nerf ops are going to be a little below par, I think that they could go without the flechette round nerf, and the other two would take care of the problem.

As for commandos / mercenaries... in group scenarios where LoSing isn't practical tracer / grav round simply hit too hard, their burst is ridiculously strong and it's just too mindless, and while in 1v1 it's easy enough to interrupt them and los them, once you get into a group scenario it's just too strong and they're too survivable.

As for sorcerers, I think we're a little bit too strong but overall we're not that overpowered. I would say that madness spec is balanced but our hybrid AoE spec does too much AoE damage on maps like voidstar and the passive CC is a tad mindless. For sorcs I think they should just move the instant proc further up the tree, it balances us out at low lvls and makes it so our hybrid specs aren't stupidly strong.

As for snipers, I've seen some do ridiculously, consistently well, and while some fall flat on their faces I feel like more people will learn to play the class well in time.

Edited by Aidank

LoL. Sorc calling commandos OP. A sorc never loses to a commando, and

Words have better burst and sustained dps, better disables and hugely better heals, in groups sorcs can do insane ape DMG. Commandos look good vs baddies but can be beat by every class with less skill then the commando unless it's healing spec commando at which point they leave you alone

Yes, I can.

OP's til the nerf in 1.1.1 - Stealth, Still do tons of burst damage and knock down, and still can kill within 3secs, and area stun.

Sorc's - Damage, Heal, Sprint, and Shield. Nothing Mitigates their damage, plus, spamming Project/Lightning w/ slow with no DR is stupid.

Arensal Mercs - Constant spamming of 1 ability (tracer missile) with great damage without having to worry about overheating compared to their pyro counterparts which can not spam incendiary missile (300-400 damage and 1k dot) because of the differences in heat consumption. The stacking of armor penetration with tracer missile then heat seeker to do tons of damage. Their shield ability while being 1 button menace.

Next in line - Marauder dps/evasion dps comabt mechanic. dps/combat stealthing. Followed by Assassin/Shadow - opening/kd dps

Edited by Paralassa
content

LoL. Sorc calling commandos OP. A sorc never loses to a commando, and

Words have better burst and sustained dps, better disables and hugely better heals, in groups sorcs can do insane ape DMG. Commandos look good vs baddies but can be beat by every class with less skill then the commando unless it's healing spec commando at which point they leave you alone

Between your spelling mistakes and saying that sorcerers have better burst damage than mercs I'm guessing you're trolling?

Sorc's - Damage, Heal, Sprint, and Shield. Nothing Mitigates their damage, plus, spamming Project/Lightning w/ slow with no DR is stupid.

Force lightning, as well as most of our abilities do energy damage, not elemental damage. This is a pretty major misconception that I see around here.

Energy is mitigated.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

I have 11% Boost/reduction, cant access the game to see how much exactly.

From my experience (Sentinel) I have problems with Shield classes. Mostly Bounty Hunters and Juggernauts.

Imbalanced classes? Well, Ops still hit too hard, too fast but they dont annoy me as much as they used to. From what I see, a well played Inquisitor is just way too versatile for my liking. 1v1 Id say - once again my experience - my fights with them are balanced, but in a team enviroment these *****s add a TON of everything: healing, damage, self reliance, self mitigation, CC, well, you name it :)

Edited by Soulaufein

Yes, I can.

OP's til the nerf in 1.1.1 - Stealth, Still do tons of burst damage and knock down, and still can kill within 3secs, and area stun.

Arensal Mercs - Constant spamming of 1 ability (tracer missile) with great damage without having to worry about overheating compared to their pyro counterparts which can not spam incendiary missile (300-400 damage and 1k dot) because of the differences in heat consumption. The stacking of armor penetration with tracer missile then heat seeker to do tons of damage. Their shield ability while being 1 button menace.

Next in line - Marauder dps/evasion dps comabt mechanic. dps/combat stealthing. Followed by Assassin/Shadow - opening/kd dps

LOL thats funny considering our opener is maul and its unreliable at best.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

Geared powertechs are really durable and annoying with all that death grip stuff. They also do quite a bit of damage while being this durable. Now I am not exactly sure about how that class and its specs work but that's just my impression.

Other than that, at this gear level I really can't find a class that is totally overpowered. Everything dies with some proper playing.

Operative/Scoundrel

At present they are the OP class. They have long stuns, and hit incredibly hard. The changes coming in 1.1.1 will balance this class out and they will still be one of the stronger burst classes.

Commando/Mercenery

One of the stronger classes. These guys hit hard. VERY hard.If they get the chance to free cast on you its GG generally. They can also run away and heal effectively and have a reduce damage self buff.

Sorc/Sage

One of the stronger classes. Sorc and Sages are very strong because of their periodic damage and their slow. I don't see why people complain about their slow though. Most melee classes have a closing skill (charges, leaps, stealth ect) so this shouldn't be a huge issue unless caught with in on cooldown. Interrupting this spell also inhibits a sorcs damage for several seconds, which is enough time to crumple one. They do have a lot of CC and Dot damage. But a smart player can outplay them, Stay out of range or rush in. Sorc's have light armour and crumple fast form focus fire. Any good player should be able to beat one in a straight up 1v1 fight. And yes they can heal, but, unless they spec for it a Damage sorc/Sage will NEVER out heal any ones damage. EVER!

These classes are the stronger ones at present. But a lot of the time it comes to player skill, while with some classes gear helps a lot (I know a 500 Expertise marauder who can destroy anything in 1v1 because he is amazing at his class. Same with a Powertech)

A lot of the people who complain about classes are generally less geared, focus fired (a lot of Sorc/Sage hate comes form a few classes hitting one person, but they only see the lightning/pebbles and cry fowl) or are just terrible at their class.

Cannot be answered without arenas.

Hum.. what??? When you will peeps realize that Arenas do MUCH more harm than good to a game?

Yeah, because a classe's overall balance perception didnt differ according to the number of players (2v2, 3v3 etc) and the arenas themselves.

My problem as a Juggernaut against Troopers/Bounty Hunters comes when theres 3 or more of them in the Warzone. The individual Trooper/BH doesn't really seem OP at all to me because a lot of their stuff can be interrupted.

When there are 3 or more Troopers in the WZ though I can pretty much no longer play. They will keep me stunned, rooted, slowed, frozen, knocked back, etc. to infinity and beyond and resolve doesn't seem to help at all.

Not saying that they are OP and need to be nerfed, but they are most definately the most annoying class for me by far when there are more than a couple in a WZ.

Bounty Hunter/Commando: Tracer Missile, Grav round hits too hard for a one button channel attack.

Sage/Sorc: Force Armor is by far the most powerful ability in the game. Needs a serious adjustment to the amount of damage it can take. 30% nerf i'd say.

Sage/Sorc: Force Lightning/ TK Throw: Channelled attack can do massive damage with force mastery combo. Needs the snare removed. As is with high damage, range, no cooldown, and snare is too powerful.

Biochem: having a reusable non extinguishable pot for your main stat lasting an hour and a big heal you can use in combat on its own timer is too powerful. These reusable purple items have got to go. The only way to be a high end competitive PVP'er is to drop your crew skill and train Bio Chem to 400. Everybody is doing it.

The worst thing is the Bio Chem adrenals are not available for everyone to purchase. So it's far too much of an endgame pvp advantage as is.

Silver, since you are on my server and hate them you should know Eggism. You need 5 people to bring him down. I fell out of my chair in excitement when I hit him for 2k with HS but then he proceeded to smash me into the earth.

After 1.1.1, he will now be my full time dancing partner because I'll swing my top ramen noodle at him and do nothing.

And to above poster. My medpac is almost worthless now. It doesn't heal me for anything to write home about like before. The power stims and everything else that goes with Bio is why Op's hit hard. I didn't know picking up the skill at level 10 it would turn out to be the end all skill.

Edited by Bizwolf

Juggs/Guardians can CC half a team by themselves.

Sorcs/Sages need to lose something. They're too good at too many things. Toning it all down would just leave them bad at too many things.

Sent/Maras are pretty close to balanced.

Snipers/Gunslingers are actually kind of bad and I feel bad for them.

Shadows/Assassins need to lose one of their ranged CCs (hey look synchronicity with their counterparts) but other than that are basically on the same plane as Sent/Maras.

Op/Sco needed a shorter duration on knockdown, but there's a lot of flailing around after the opener because they lack real sustained DPS. They're about middle of the road as healers.

Vanguards/Powertechs are insanely durable. Right now(!) you feel lucky to get one to 50% on an opener.

Mercs/Commandos are also insanely durable. I'm not even sure if it's a problem, though, since heat/ammo makes sustained healing hard for them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.