Yet another Scrapper Scoundrel/Concealment Operative player asking for compensation

Aurinax

This post seems a little biased, no offence.

Most Operatives on my server will be the first to tell you they are too strong, and

plenty that I've seen on the forums.

I believe they would fall under the anti-fun mechanic at the moment because they

don't give as much room for counter reactions as they are now.

I think the 20% reduction to burst is reasonable. I don't like it, but no one likes to be nerfed.

What's unreasonable is the gutting of sustained damage. If you want to knock burst back, fine-- but you should really beef up sustained damage a bit to compensate-- and certainly not nerf it. An operative out of stealth is a wet piece of tissue with a plastic knife.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You play an operative, I see.

When my class in WoW and EQ2 got nerfed, I actually knew why. I was OP at the time, my pet (I played a hunter) could rip ANYBODY to shreds in seconds. It felt amazing to kill somebody that quickly, when the nerf came I knew why and I didn't say a word about it.

So no whine from me about class nerfage. :)

This^ I played a warrior in WOW for 6 years and know what its like to be op then have it taken away. The good Op's will adapt the bad ones will suck reroll whine unsub etc etc. The bottom line is bioware are basing this off numbers not forum posts. All you have to do is look at dev tracker to see that they call people on their bs all the time.

I think the 20% reduction to burst is reasonable. I don't like it, but no one likes to be nerfed.

What's unreasonable is the gutting of sustained damage. If you want to knock burst back, fine-- but you should really beef up sustained damage a bit to compensate-- and certainly not nerf it. An operative out of stealth is a wet piece of tissue with a plastic knife.

The class will get by, I'm sure.

I see Deception Sassins without Dark Charge on do fine, and their hardest hitting ability

does less than a lot of yours and relies on a proc for decent damage. Without the proc

the ability also costs half of their full resource pool. They also wear light armor. Hell, I

carried matches as this spec until I respec'd to Tankassin.

Like I've said before, I don't know the full detail of the Op/Scoundrel kit - but I'm guessing

they will still be better off than the above.

I'll just say if they overnerf OPs like it appears they will. It will be even less played than it already is (Least played class on the 3 servers I play on). The class will be terrible. The healing mechanic is already subpar to Mercs and Sorcs. This will make it subpar in Burst/Sustained/Healing... Why play the class? Reroll Sorc/Sage like ~20% of the rest of the community.

In closing, nerfing Hidden Strike is fine. It needs it. Nerfing Acid blade is unnecessary.

I'll just say if they overnerf OPs like it appears they will. It will be even less played than it already is (Least played class on the 3 servers I play on). The class will be terrible. The healing mechanic is already subpar to Mercs and Sorcs. This will make it subpar in Burst/Sustained/Healing... Why play the class? Reroll Sorc/Sage like ~20% of the rest of the community.

In closing, nerfing Hidden Strike is fine. It needs it. Nerfing Acid blade is unnecessary.

I've heard the Acid Blade nerf is because they do too much damage to tanks.

Also, Ops are AMAZING healers - I prefer my pocket healer to be an Operative. I find them

to be the best PvP healers. Mercs are the sub par healers, in my opinion.

Edited by Kuvi

They will nerf this class into oblivion and not care one bit.... If the kiddies cry, the nerf bats come out ... Bioware cares less about operatives, who no one plays anyway ... All the kiddies are playing jedi/sith, thats who bioware will cater too ... Sorry operatives, but your class is nothing now ... Will be the least played class in the game, kinda like the republic ..

There are a ton of Operatives on my server so I really do not know what you mean by least played class. Classes are going to get nerfed and some are going to get beefed up. That is how you balance a game. It is very funny to see people whine when they are the ones receiving the nerf bat. Ohhh wait I am to because I have an OP and a Scoundrel. But guess what, we deserved it. I should not be able to kill someone in 10 seconds or less.

I've heard the Acid Blade nerf is because they do too much damage to tanks.

Also, Ops are AMAZING healers - I prefer my pocket healer to be an Operative. I find them

to be the best PvP healers. Mercs are the sub par healers, in my opinion.

Its not like Juggs can't pull solid sustained dps already pve/pvp. Ops will be NOWHERE close to that or have the survivability.

So Ops get the mobile PvP healbot role... Awesome. I'm sure everyone loves to play PvP healbot.

Sorcs get single target and/or aoe pvp healer roles, multiple CC, sustained ranged dps, sprints, bubbles, pull groupmate, aoe dps.

I've already decided to retire my Operative if the nerfs go through and just make my Inquisitor my main, like everyone else. Eventually they'll get around to nerfing that one, too, I'm sure, but there appears to be some safety in numbers.

The inexperience of BW/EA as an MMO operator is starting to show here. I played though four of the five druid nerfs on WoW, but I"m not going through that cycle ever again with another game. Once again, the attempt to reconcile PvP and PvE will end up ruining PvE - in what is basically a PvE game. Edited by Gilpatric

The inexperience of BW/EA as an MMO operator is starting to show here. I played though four of the five druid nerfs on WoW, but I"m not going through that cycle ever again with another game. Once again, the attempt to reconcile PvP and PvE will end up ruining PvE - in what is basically a PvE game.

They claimed they wanted the game to have heavy PvP tones in the recent video they made,

I believe.

The inexperience of BW/EA as an MMO operator is starting to show here. I played though four of the five druid nerfs on WoW, but I"m not going through that cycle ever again with another game. Once again, the attempt to reconcile PvP and PvE will end up ruining PvE - in what is basically a PvE game.

I agree. It is tiresome and all it does is FORCE you to play multiple alts, because they nerf classes into the ground. I will not pay for WoW in Space. Or the same Effed up philosophy.

Its not like Juggs can't pull solid sustained dps already pve/pvp. Ops will be NOWHERE close to that or have the survivability.

So Ops get the mobile PvP healbot role... Awesome. I'm sure everyone loves to play PvP healbot.

Sorcs get single target and/or aoe pvp healer roles, multiple CC, sustained ranged dps, sprints, bubbles, pull groupmate, aoe dps.

The thing here is the class is too strong - therefore you take away some of the strength.

You don't put it into a different aspect of the class. The class will be fine, and probably

still have the highest burst potential of any class.

These may be over-nerfs, it happens more often than successful nerfs - but something

needed to be done. I'd suggest waiting for the changes and actually testing them out

before you just give up on a class and call it worthless.

Edited by Kuvi

I'm not much of a PvPer, so my biggest concern is whether the nerf to Flechette Round (Acid Blade for Imps, I think) gimp longer term DPS in PvE.

How will these nerfs effect short and long term DPS in PvE?

Any insights from the theorycrafters?

pre 50 pvp?

ill be damned..

At 16k life on my consular an operative can darn near kill me while I am incapacitated This with 450 expertise.

thats complete ******** and you know if

*********** bioware listens to these ****wits

god only knows why

To address some of the concerns that I don't think they need a nerf, I clearly state in the OP:

I understand that heavy frontload on a Damage-dealing class can cause problems, in both PVP and PVE

I do understand that the way the classes work now needs to be changed. However, a few changes pulling some numbers from one section and putting them into another is all that is needed, even if the end result is a NET NERF; I am perfectly fine with that.

But when a class has a strength and multiple weaknesses, and you obliterate the strength without doing anything about the weaknesses, that's doing it wrong.

Honestly, I don't see a huge problem with ops. Sure, they can burst me to death... If I'm alone. As soon as there's someone else there to CC the op until the stun is up, though, they're simple enough to kill.

I have more trouble with Arsenel Mercs/Commandos. They have some pretty crazy burst and a decent CC and I find them quite difficult to kill, CC or no.

There are numerous people saying truly that their pvp geared toons are dying in seconds to Ops, myself included. It is not a lie. The only people saying that are Ops fighting for the status quo.

They need a nerf, badly. When a class is OP you dont buff it in some other area to "compensate" for the nerf, that makes no sense. You simply nerf it down to where it should have been. Ops are fine- its not the end of th world.

Maybe your your class will need skill instead of facerolling everyone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.