Nothing short than Illum Bans

Sathid

The community of this game do not wish to play with people of this nature that abuse the game and nothing short of bans should be required,these people that did it knew what they were doing and if let slide they will always find something else.

Ban these people and be rid of them so that this community is not tainted by these exploiters so that we may enjoy a game void of these miscreants that have plagued MMO's for years,send the message BIO be hard and swift and show no mercy so that future players know the consequences.

Edited by Sathid

The devs already said that Valor roll-backs were something that were being looked at.

Not enougth,a very clear and hard punishment is in order to send a very clear message and removing said players will make this game better,we dont want or need these people.

Not enougth,a very clear and hard punishment is in order to send a very clear message and removing said players will make this game better,we dont want or need these people.

It looks like they are looking at that too:

After Game Update 1.1 went live, we discovered that the Open World PvP area on Ilum was not working as our PvP design team intended. As many of you know, large groups of players began capturing the Ilum control points, then 'camping' at the enemy's base. This led to a very frustrating experience for a number of players who were unable to leave their base and fight back against their attackers. It was not a fair gameplay experience. In addition, some players on the attacking side gained more Valor points than designed for the time they spent in PvP.

The amount of Valor granted from these activities was significantly more than intended and we are now carefully investigating players who were on Ilum during this period, and present at some of these 'camping' events. I can reassure you that those who were involved and who gained an unfair advantage over other players inappropriately will be carefully reviewed and action will be taken to restore game balance. This could include Valor adjustments or account actions in accordance with the severity of the issue.

We have made the decision not to enact a mass 'rollback' of Valor points for all players in the game, or even on Ilum. This would unfairly penalize some players who may not have been present during this event. Rest assured though, anyone and everyone who is found to have exploited the situation to an unreasonable degree will be investigated and actions taken as needed. Our in-game metrics are able to give us precise details on where players were, what they were doing and what rewards they gained.

We take any sort of situation where one group of players gains an unexpected or unintended advantage over other players very seriously and will act to ensure that all players can have a fair and fun game experience.

Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. Our team worked diligently to get a patch ready to address this and other issues, and we're already seeing the results in improved battles on Ilum. As always we welcome your feedback and will continue to improve moving forward!

Jeff Hickman,

Executive Producer – Live Services

I agree. People need to be banned for PvPing in a PvP specific zone! They really need to be banned because they had pushed the enemy team back to their base and the other team wasnt good enough to push back! -extremely sarcastic eyeroll-

Ive heard of dumb reasons to punish people..but this is just sad. Punishing people for having pushed the enemy team back in a PvP specific zone?

Bioware. I am disappoint.

I agree. People need to be banned for PvPing in a PvP specific zone! They really need to be banned because they had pushed the enemy team back to their base and the other team wasnt good enough to push back! -extremely sarcastic eyeroll-

Ive heard of dumb reasons to punish people..but this is just sad. Punishing people for having pushed the enemy team back in a PvP specific zone?

Oh but you left out quite a bit didnt you.

The community of this game do not wish to play with people of this nature that abuse the game and nothing short of bans should be required,these people that did it knew what they were doing and if let slide they will always find something else.

Ban these people and be rid of them so that this community is not tainted by these exploiters so that we may enjoy a game void of these miscreants that have plagued MMO's for years,send the message BIO be hard and swift and show no mercy so that future players know the consequences.

Depends how you define "they" who "knew what they were doing".

Depends how you define "they" who "knew what they were doing".

Dont play dumb or mince words,Bio already stated that they have ways into determining who these culprits are,it seems as though they may go with a tiered approach from the wording or are not set excatly on how severe they will come down on people,but rest assured they will.

Reseting Valor and removal of gear should be the minimum,bans the max.

Edited by Sathid

You are quite much missing the whole point in there. I highly doubt that griefing is allowed and that's pretty much what happened due to some flaws in game mechanics AND those mishaps leaded to situation where certain individuals were able to get enormous amounts of valor.

Ilum can hardly be called as a pvp zone. Its more like "OUR FACTION HAS MORE PLAYERS THEREFORE WE ZERG YOU" zone. After daily reset times valor gained is out of roof. Best I've got this far as melee char is 7k in 30mins. Dunno why republic keeps showing up there. Maybe it's the forced daily system for loot. Either way that zone needs big revamp.

Dont play dumb or mince words,Bio already stated that they have ways into determining who these culprits are,it seems as though they may go with a tiered approach from the wording or are not set excatly on how severe they will come down on people,but rest assured they will.

Reseting Valor and removal of gear should be the minimum,bans the max.

And I'm fine with letting BW do their thing. Those who spawn camped were clearly harassing the players. Those who fought away from the spawns on the other hand were engaging in 100% consensual pvp.

Having more players is not by itself exploiting.

Which is not what this thread is about, it's a cry of "do it my way". And since the community can't even agree what the exploit was (some still swear blind it was turrets giving valor ffs) there's no way I would want it influencing the punishment.

Edited by Jestunhi

They will probably just do nothing, who's actually going to know if another player was punished for it or had valor roll-backed.

At this point who cares, horrible open world PvP anyways. I left Rift because of the low quality of open world PvP and it's better than SWTOR.

They will probably just do nothing, who's actually going to know if another player was punished for it or had valor roll-backed.

At this point who cares, horrible open world PvP anyways. I left Rift because of the low quality of open world PvP and it's better than SWTOR.

If you have no faith in the developers and no love for the game why exactly are you here?

Also,

Who really cares like other person just said, pvp does suck in this game, if they gave you valor 100 and full bm gear for free I wouldn't even care.

This is a formal request to Bioware Devs, please give the OP, Valor 100 and full BM Gear immediately to make up for the atrocities committed against him and restore his faith in you.

Edited by silvercgull

I don't know its easy to say "Ban them all", but given the number of servers world wide, and the number of Imps that would have been on Illum camping, would you rather have a team of people scoring over data for weeks on end to give 3 day bans (and let's face it they won't permaband them), or have those same people solving the many issues in game. Sadly the damage is done and by the time they figure out who to reprimand we will never find out what happened and we will have moved on to the next major issue lol.

I don't know its easy to say "Ban them all", but given the number of servers world wide, and the number of Imps that would have been on Illum camping, would you rather have a team of people scoring over data for weeks on end to give 3 day bans (and let's face it they won't permaband them), or have those same people solving the many issues in game. Sadly the damage is done and by the time they figure out who to reprimand we will never find out what happened and we will have moved on to the next major issue lol.

Reset their valor and two to three week suspensions,then we get to see this..

Reset their valor and two to three week suspensions,then we get to see this..

Again, whose valor? Everyone who gained after the patch? Everyone who gained in that zone? Everyone who was on the larger of the 2 sides? Anyone who got more than x valor? Anyone who got inside the enemy base? Anyone who spawn camped?

Who are you actually asking to be punished?

People are still asking for a blanket punishment?

They have to fix Ilum first before they even tried something like that. If nothing was changed, and I highly doubt it will be anytime soon, the same people would just go back in as soon as their ban was over and do the same cheap valor farm again.

Honestly... which is less painful? Doing that or spending hundreds of hours doing warzones?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.