Go Back to DAOC?

Aribethx

Seriously. I know the game is old, but no other MMO out there has even begun to approach the awesomeness of the RvR system that DAOC has. I think all of us really love the Star Wars story, but at the end of the day, we want engaging, serious and interesting PvP on massive scales. How interesting would it be to see thousands of players head over to DAOC?

It'll never happen. I know. Just daydreaming of good old DAOC times I guess. I think alot of the pvp crying would go away if we had a massive RvR system like DAOC has.

No, I'm not quitting. Yes I still like SWTOR. No, I don't think pvp is broken/horrible. Yes ops needed rebalancing. No, not that much. Yes, mercs look silly when casting trace missile after missile. Yes, I like pie.

Its still the best game, very active players, sometimes around 1k of each realm during primetime. DAoC >

Sadly after WOW came out the pvp servers died for the most part, was the best game to date i have played pvp wise...

Krup RR12 NS, god i miss that game, and i wish they would implament the RR system here with legacy maybe, dunno but man what a blast!

Seriously. I know the game is old, but no other MMO out there has even begun to approach the awesomeness of the RvR system that DAOC has. I think all of us really love the Star Wars story, but at the end of the day, we want engaging, serious and interesting PvP on massive scales. How interesting would it be to see thousands of players head over to DAOC?

It'll never happen. I know. Just daydreaming of good old DAOC times I guess. I think alot of the pvp crying would go away if we had a massive RvR system like DAOC has.

No, I'm not quitting. Yes I still like SWTOR. No, I don't think pvp is broken/horrible. Yes ops needed rebalancing. No, not that much. Yes, mercs look silly when casting trace missile after missile. Yes, I like pie.

It's been said before but check out Dominus. Apparently it has a DAoCy feel to it. ^_^

I m sorry but after the ToA the magic was just.. gone..

its also hard to get integrated to the extremely high lvled premade grp/guilds..

i tried going back twice. forgot acc both times and actually purchased, each time to stop 1 week into it.

-_-

i hope you find the feeling again, but for me its gone..

Daoc ceased being Daoc when TOA destroyed it. dammed if I would go back now. besides they utterly destroyed my Animist, an OP think they have it bad in tor. Wait till bioware literally destroy your class, so you cant even kill a blue con mob. tahts what they did to my poor animist:(. I went from being able to solo defend a relic keep against 100 invaders, to being unable to kill the easiest npcs in the game.

when has daoc ever been about MASSIVE scale rvr lol...

everyone who played the game serious at a remotely competitive level played it for the 8v8 fights.

Pretty much showed how experienced your are/were.

seems u are random alb#2356 sitting at amg entire evening. sry to break ur bubble but us good players actually didnt care about ur roleplaying with ur 80 friends. we just enjoyed farming u over and over and over, thx for all the rps btw.

the real groups played 8v8 and actually followed a no add policy that worked out quite well and **** yeah it was awesome.

seems u are random alb#2356 sitting at amg entire evening. sry to break ur bubble but us good players actually didnt care about ur roleplaying with ur 80 friends. we just enjoyed farming u over and over and over, thx for all the rps btw.

the real groups played 8v8 and actually followed a no add policy that worked out quite well and **** yeah it was awesome.

ASry to break your bubble..

Midgard/runemaster on perci server.

But that was looooong ago.

Today i do not have a clue!

And yes we ran 8v8 roaming but the epics fights for relics will linger long in my mind.

A good 8v8 group could easily beat 2 8 groups.

its called skill.

ASry to break your bubble..

Midgard/runemaster on perci server.

But that was looooong ago.

Today i do not have a clue!

oh well dno how it worked on ur servers bro. but we used to have organized 8v8 with groups that respect each other on excal/prydwen. ofc the randoms wouldnt follow that but not like those have ever been an issue. if said random group would add on a 8v8 between decent groups, both would have stopped fighting immediatly and go for the adding group or if adding group was same realm as one of the other groups they would have disengaged and let the other group destroy the randoms.

A good 8v8 group could easily beat 2 8 groups.

that line tells me ur group wasnt as good as u think it was :>

ofc a good 8man can easily take 2 8mans, way way more actually, esp in classic.

infact 8vs100 worked out many many times. thats the beautyful part about daoc.

or was as toa changed that abit. however the real good 8v8 fights started there.

Edited by Laoi

oh well dno how it worked on ur servers bro. but we used to have organized 8v8 with groups that respect each other on excal/prydwen. ofc the randoms wouldnt follow that but not like those have ever been an issue. if said random group would add on a 8v8 between decent groups, both would have stopped fighting immediatly and go for the adding group or if adding group was same realm as one of the other groups they would have disengaged and let the other group destroy the randoms.

Wow you guys picking small things as you go along dont you!?

I ran with what...??? Random groups...not organized under bigger allies?!

Dont be daft.

cooperation make a good group not idiotic and utterly clear concepts.

nothing is static and if you think so and could not adapt......well you die.

Wow you guys picking small things as you go along dont you!?

I ran with what...??? Random groups...not organized under bigger allies?!

Dont be daft.

cooperation make a good group not idiotic and utterly clear concepts.

nothing is static and if you think so and could not adapt......well you die.

i dno exactly what u mean by "picking small things as you go along" but if u mean kill soloers on the way then no we didnt unless it was a guy that is known for adding.

regarding the last 2 lines of ur post - well i cant make any sense of that at all. could u elaborate? :p