Modable belts and bracers?

Amonet

That's because they are worth several hundred thousand (at least on my server). They are best in slot currently (better than rakata) and are a very rare item.

Actually crafted belts/bracers are better. Because an orange belt/bracer only holds an armoring and mod slot, whereas crafted (and RE'ed) belts/bracers act as if they have an Enhancement slot as well, i.e. they have way more secondary stats. And if you're lucky they have an augment slot as well, totally trumping oranges.

But they still generally go for >100k on my server, simply because they are so rare.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 3 Custom Belt/Bracer sets for each class (except Sentinel/Marauder) currently available in the game:

• Heavy Armor (Bounty Hunter): TT-17A Hydra, RD-17A Hellfire, TD-17A Imperator
  • Heavy Armor (Trooper): TD-17A Colossus, RD-17A Phalanx, TD-17A Talon
  • Heavy Armor(Sith Warrior): Sith Champion’s, Sith Archon’s, Blade Tyrant’s
  • Heavy Armor (Jedi Knight): Jedi Battlelord’s, Jedi Myrmidon’s, Battle Expulsor’s
  • Medium Armor: (Smuggler): TD-07A Blackguard, RD-07A Viper, RD-07A Spider
  • Medium Armor: (Imperial Agent): RD-07A Vendetta, TD-07A Scorpion, TD-07A Panther
  • Light Armor(Sith Inquisitor): Grand Inquisitor’s, Supreme Inquisitor’s, Saber Marshal’s
  • Light Armor (Jedi Consular): Force Magister’s, Voidmaster’s, Omenbringer’s

Next to that there are 2 additional Light armor belts from the Space Combat vendor (droid):

• Civilian Pilot Belt
  • Republic Pilot Belt/Imperial Pilot Belt (Social III)

courtesy of Dulfy's guide on Orange bracers/belts and their modding

As seen in Dulfy's list, there were a ton of custom belts and bracers; but only a small number made it into Live at present time. The ones available have a class restriction (except the ones from the Space Combat vendor) and as such can't be worn by another class or companions.

There are 3 orange belts at level 42, 34, and 12. There are 3 orange bracers at level 43, 35, and 15. These can drop from mobs around their level, or blue (prototype) Commendation/Treasure Hunting Lockboxes; according to sources.

Edited by Danakar

I just read the update notes for 1.2 and they are adding orange bracers and belt for Sentinels and Marauders with the patch. So don't worry they are coming. I have seen some of these items sell from 180k to 200k on the GTN. Hard to find for low prices so anyone that bought them cheap consider yourself lucky. Only thing that stinks about the bracers is the enhancement slot is missing so only Armoring and Mod is available.

FWIW...

I've had good luck finding orange moddables on the GTN when I sign on at the following times:

4 AM (West coast server, I'm in Central time, so 6 for me)

3 PM (5 for me, obviously)

Apparently, people play late at night and during the day and don't always know what they have, so it gets dropped on the GTN. I got a pair of orange bracers for my scoundrel for 550. That's not K, that's 550 creds. Picked up a belt for 25k, that I subsequently turned around and sold for 100k this morning. Now that I know where to farm them, I'm headed to Coruscant to farm till my guild logs in tonight.

It's very easy to 'farm' those u just have to know where.

Edit: and im realy serious about it.

I farm them off the GTN as I do with many other items that people seem content to post at the GTN auto price. Easy money.

Edit to add: And that isn't standing at the GTN every day, that is simply spending an extra minute or so to do a couple of quick searches when I'm already there looking for something or posting something.

Edited by DawnAskham

I bought an orange belt using fleet commondations (pilot belt I think its called) for my sentinel, I have cybercraft so I made my own armor and mod to put in it.

Still haven't found bracers but I think I'll look at the other social gear sets to find one.

Edited by PolishRifle

I bought an orange belt using fleet commondations (pilot belt I think its called) for my sentinel, I have cybercraft so I made my own armor and mod to put in it.

Still haven't found bracers but I think I'll look at the other social gear sets to find one.

THere aren't any social bracers and just so you now (or anyone else who comes across this) doing it that way works absolutely fine with one minor caveat. You get the stats but the armor rating is rated as Light since social gear (including the pilot belt) is considered Light. Some people won't care about the loss in armor.