Am i missing something here?

Facelessred

Was looking for a FP as a Pure DPS, and a group asked me my HP for the Foundry flash point.

TO which i told them, they decided to reject me. but then invited me to check my gear.

which is almost all endowment Crit/surge gear superior craft, to which they said i still wasn't good enough.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but is pretty much 39% crit chance (38.98) and 90% crit multiplier a bad thing ? In every group I join my damage can get so high that i can pull the mobs off the tank in less than 3 seconds. Yes i admit that may be bad. But seeing as how these guys were Super elitist Can't they handle it? Last i checked it took doing hard things to get better gear, Or am i Missing something?

(pardon the grammar and stuff)

Was looking for a FP as a Pure DPS, and a group asked me my HP for the Foundry flash point.

TO which i told them, they decided to reject me. but then invited me to check my gear.

which is almost all endowment Crit/surge gear superior craft, to which they said i still wasn't good enough.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but is pretty much 39% crit chance (38.98) and 90% crit multiplier a bad thing ? In every group I join my damage can get so high that i can pull the mobs off the tank in less than 3 seconds. Yes i admit that may be bad. But seeing as how these guys were Super elitist Can't they handle it? Last i checked it took doing hard things to get better gear, Or am i Missing something?

(pardon the grammar and stuff)

Taking Aggro from the tank is bad, and the tank doesn't suffer if the aggro is spread out on different party members, the healer is the one that will suffer.

And if you will join their group or not, is up to them, don't go to the forum and start a thread everytime you get rejected.

Also, if the tank doesn't get to build up enough aggro at the start, it's easy for a DPS to grab aggro.

I think that's how it is.

Edited by Rostad

He's not insulting your intelligence, he is stating a well-known fact. Group management, when no automatic group finder is present in the game, is solely up to the group leader. While by someone else's standards you may be perfectly well suited for the FP, by that group leader's standards you weren't. Best option? Start your own PuG and then You get to decide who comes and who doesn't.

talk about assumptions, I asked a serious question. to which you reply with some of the most obvious things about an MMO. Please do not insult my intelligence.

Oh god...with this kind of attitude I really hope you're not on my server. "How dare he not let me play!"

Pfft...barber college bro.

I asked a serious question.

And I gave you a serious response.

I could answer with "TL:DR" or "QQ moar" or why not with the god ol' "Cool story bro"

You come here crying about not being let into a group.

If you already knew that it's the group leader that decides if you join or not, this thread wouldn't be here.

And if you should be able to tell if your gear is good or not by yourself.

Edited by Rostad

I get what you are saying, Facelessred. It is annoying that people judge you on stats alone. They forget that skill plays a major part also. Your DPS could have been a great asset to the team, if you had the skill, but they wouldn't know because your HP was too low. Pffft. It was even more insulting when they already said no, then invited you, looked at your gear, and said no again.

the reason they asked for your HP total is, because without gearscore or other interface options to determine the quality of your gear short of a full inspect, the best indicator of your gear quality is your hit points- your HP will naturally gravitate upwards with your gear quality as the itemization includes more endurance.

But pure DPS builds tend to have less HP than normal builds. If he can kill faster than he gets killed, I don't see the problem. If anything, I would have asked him about his dmg, crit, etc. and can he control himself enough not to snatch aggro from the tank.

But pure DPS builds tend to have less HP than normal builds. If he can kill faster than he gets killed, I don't see the problem. If anything, I would have asked him about his dmg, crit, etc. and can he control himself enough not to snatch aggro from the tank.

Problem is he already said that he takes aggro from tanks quickly, and one can only assume that it happens frequently judging by his pride in the matter. This would lead to more harm than good for the group and thus not worth the dps output when the group could find dps just us good if not better who knew how to keep their threat down.

many of you are failing to see the point of this thread, I have some of the best OUT OF hard mode FP gear you will find. Being rejected to join a hard mode FP based on that criteria means that I will NEVER actually get the gear they desire me to have in order to actually join the group.

And Me and my friend can DUO bosses that would make 4 men die (2 shots and your dead sorta bosses), why? because we use our brain and skills to overcome a challenge. People that rely on gear to dictate the worthiness of someone are not only narrow minded but prejudice and are incapable of thinking outside the generic play style of most MMO's. Either that or they are lazy and don't want to try that 5 or 10% harder to make up for that "poorly geared player"

Problem is he already said that he takes aggro from tanks quickly, and one can only assume that it happens frequently judging by his pride in the matter. This would lead to more harm than good for the group and thus not worth the dps output when the group could find dps just us good if not better who knew how to keep their threat down.

I only take aggro from tanks who don't actually want to tank. It's very easy to stop attacking and or Just not attack at all until aggro accumulates. I've played a tank for the most part of my MMO life... I know the deal.

--

I say I take aggro easy to show that out of a full group my DPS is high enough to Pull aggro, so my level of damage required for a group is not the questionable issue. Control of that damage afterwards in order for tanking to resume as normal is something gear cannot dictate.

Edited by Facelessred

We are not missing the point man. We understand, it is clearly written in your OP. You were declined entry to a group you were ready for based on your HP and then later invited and declined again based on your gear. You feel that without ever being let into a group you will never obtain the gear that is desired to progress your character. As I said, very clear what the point is.

What all of US are saying (which you seem to ignore) is that this is NOT against any kind of rule or ethics! It is SOLELY upto the group leader who gets to go in HIS group. Posting a thread about it on the forum is a colossal waste of time. We are trying to make you see this. Your best and ONLY options are to:

Start your own group

OR

Join a guild that will let you come

OR

Keep trying.

That's it. Nothing else.

This is intended gameplay, where group composition is up to the leader of the group. It is fair, it is valid, and there is not a single thing you or I or anyone else can do about it.

Still think it's unfair? Submit a ticket. I guarantee you that IF anyone even answers the ticket they will way something along the lines of what I have said above.

Bottom line is people are going to reject you for what ever reason they think is important to them. Doesn't mean that everyone will do the same. You must be pretty young to have running into a moron here and there still surprise you.

I once saw a video of a man hoop a glass cup into his anu$ and had it shatter inside. There are alot of idiots out there in this world dude and it doesn't always make sense. I beleive the title for that video was "It happened again" or something along those lines....

Edited by Candykissesxoxo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.