Speeders - "The I Don't Care About XP I wanna turn my quest in"

Lightstrake

In WoW, getting my first paladin mount at level 40. [This was the old days] and the economy being a low-rise but affordable enough time. I remember going up the stairs of the Cathedral of Light and being granted my first mount. That day I bought new armor, weapons, etc. I enjoyed the fact with a mount I can go faster than most mobs allowing me to pass them and hand in my quests.

Here, we're not spending 150 gold on a mount and training [it's been awhile since I played WoW so my memory is =/0 we pay 48000 credits for our speeder and training. I don't always want to destroy more enemies for XP when I want to hand in my quest instead. I'm not saying I go right through the group, I give them a lot of room but they still get you. In WoW, you had to be stunned/speed decreased to get off your mount but in this it seems that every creature that targets you automatically grenades me. I just want to turn my quest in, head to a Cantina, and head off for awhile.

What do you think of this? Are you someone who will kill anything in it's path or like me where you would much rather turn in your quests once completed rather than doing the same thing over again on your way to your quest giver?

is there a point to this other then your realzieing that this game isn't WoW?

He's talking about mob density and placement.

To the OP: One reason a lot of people end up lower level is that "clearing everything in your path" probably accounts for a good 15% of your XP, and skipping around it eventually bites you around Quesh/Hoth.

is there a point to this other then your realzieing that this game isn't WoW?

Saying its not WoW is just a pointless remark, he is expressing a concern about constantly being knocked off his mount.

I think this is a silly gripe, but an honest one. On that note, in most RPG's (I'm neglecting the mmo part for a reason) you have to fight enemies in order to level, and move along in the game. Its a simple part of the game, you face enemies, you get monetary experience that adds up over-time while you complete your quest. It is a basic component to any RPG since the days of pen and paper RPG's such and Dungeons and Dragons. To neglect it would be to undo the RPG part of MMORPG in the game.

WoW is more like an MMO. The RPG part is extremely neglected. This game is trying to bridge the two since the genre has not done this very well even after 10 years. If thats not something your interested in, you may want to return to WoW. Or I suggest LOTRO as well.

Edited by Notannos
rude

I see where you are comming from OP!

Personally I was rather baffled by the fact that there are 3 speeder lvl's which forces you to spend a **** amount of gold on MS. Which again, does not get you away fromt he creeps.

When I dont do bonus missions I got PvP to gain some lvl's before headning back out. No problems at all!

- stick to the roads -- on most planets, the major roads at least are relatively clear.

- use Quick Travel to return to the quest person if you can. Usually that will leave you on a taxi route as well.

Are you someone who will kill anything in it's path or like me

I have stealth, so I just get off my speeder to go through mobs or disappear after they engage me.

Edited by sjmc

Well first the IS NOT WoW

second, the next two speeders actually "says" that you are more resistant to being dismounted during combat, since you will have to travel longer the higher lvl you get.

Third, this game's mobs aggro radius is so freaking low you can bypass 99% of them by just paying attention where you're going. There are very few that have actually close to realistic radius at all, or are packed so close they cant be avoided.

And fourth, quick travel locations tend to be quest giver zones, so you dont even have to use speeder if you chain a couple of quests instead of turning each and every one separately (which on its own is way worse 'waste of time' than killing a couple mobs, if that's what bothers you)

First, there are 3 ranks of mounts, it is normal that mobs dismount you so easly using the rank 1 speeders! They would became better in this issue at higher ranks.

Second, it's not so dificult at all to avoid mobs in our travels at all...just stop and study the situation a little bit, and voilá...no problems at all! :rolleyes:

Third, this game's mobs aggro radius is so freaking low you can bypass 99% of them by just paying attention where you're going. There are very few that have actually close to realistic radius at all, or are packed so close they cant be avoided.

And fourth, quick travel locations tend to be quest giver zones, so you dont even have to use speeder if you chain a couple of quests instead of turning each and every one separately (which on its own is way worse 'waste of time' than killing a couple mobs, if that's what bothers you)

Fifth, or maybe you just want to got the most direct way, which everyone knows is where most mobs is compared to taking the road.

Edited by Ookami_Nikurasu

Mob density isn't too much of a problem. I just don't like mobs on roads and BW seems to like having the mobs setup ambushes every 300 feet or so. That and the mobs that pop out of the ground make me angry!

I've got an Op and a marauder and I end up stealthing through a lot on the Op and my marauder is just a wrecking ball so my opinion may be a bit biased.

The problem with the mount system in WoW was that it meant no interaction in PvP as well, you weren't just skipping mobs, you were skipping everything.

So we have a choice, either we can have open world PvP and other encounters, or we can have mounts that skip all that.

The problem with the mount system in WoW was that it meant no interaction in PvP as well, you weren't just skipping mobs, you were skipping everything.

So we have a choice, either we can have open world PvP and other encounters, or we can have mounts that skip all that.

And what would be the point of PVP servers then?

I take it the OP has never played RIFT. :)

It's not that bad actually in this MMO.

Lord Jesus!!!! Do you believe i runned away from that game just because of that problem?!

It was so insane that's hard to believe how mobs was so dense everywhere!:eek:

Funny at begginers, but extremly annoying after!:eek:

when you get to max level and buy rank 3 speeder training and a rank 3 mount this problem largely goes away. i skipped level two speeders all-together (except for the training of course), and i was amazed at the fact that i could take several thousand HP of damage and still not be knocked off. it's annoying, but it gets better. ride it out! (literally and figuratively)

And what would be the point of PVP servers then?

That's the point, flying mounts did a great deal to damage open world PvP, you still had instanced PvP though, but still.

Speeders skipping mobs would mean speeders skipping everything, no more getting ambushed by four angry Sith.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.