Needs More Classic Trilogy Music

JeedaiFiresaber

I forget the name, but I watched the Bioware developer video on the music of SWTOR months ago. They talked about how there was all this newly composed music in the style of KOTOR, and how they were seamlessly integrating music from the films with this new stuff. They boasted something like 8 hours of new music, let alone the music from the films.

Some new things are great, Alderaan has some good pieces for example...but... I feel like i hear the same endless Prequel music loops over and over and over in combat and everywhere I go. I've hear a snippet here and there of some Classic Triolgy...maybe twice. Tatooine has a bit, and a couple boss fights have the 'TIE Fighter Attack' music from A New Hope.

Where is all the good music? I mean Star Wars' atmosphere is half just the soundtracks from the films. I really am disappointed in this aspect, can we maybe get some more random battle music? some new background loops? Have I just not run into alot of it yet?

/agree

Also more SW:KotOR OST would be nice. Just herd it once.

Yes I've heard the KOTOR theme a couple of times which was nice....it gave me a bit of nostalgia as I hadn't played KOTOR in yeeaaaars.

I was just really hoping for more classic themes in the background at times... I bought the Jedi Knight games on the steam sale, was playing a bit of Dark Forces 2 (with my old CD in for music!), and oh man, the atmosphere the music mad on Nar Shadda in the first 2 levels is still great.

No... Just no. If there is one thing this game does not need (in my opinion) is more of the overplayed music that we've heard a million times before in all of the movies. I'm a little sick of the "classic" music to be honest.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this! But oh well! NO MORE "CLASSIC" STAR WARS MUSIC!

um needs more music period.

didn't even know the game had music until I barely heard it muffled under overlapping ambient convos and bird chirping.

This x 1000.

The music in this game is so disappointing. I remember the "sounds of SWTOR" trailer where the guy said "if we do our job right, you won't even notice the music is there". What a moronic idea, but give him credit for succeeding brilliantly. Hard to notice what isn't there.

No... Just no. If there is one thing this game does not need (in my opinion) is more of the overplayed music that we've heard a million times before in all of the movies. I'm a little sick of the "classic" music to be honest.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this! But oh well! NO MORE "CLASSIC" STAR WARS MUSIC!

Well, I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not proposing that it be entirely replaced. Just seems like half the music is so quiet, or you hear the same Prequel themes, its hard to get excited when they aren't even using the most exciting battle music. It uses ALOT of the loop from AOTS in the droid factory i notice.

This x 1000.

The music in this game is so disappointing. I remember the "sounds of SWTOR" trailer where the guy said "if we do our job right, you won't even notice the music is there". What a moronic idea, but give him credit for succeeding brilliantly. Hard to notice what isn't there.

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. After all the talk and the fact they devoted an entire developer video on it, I was like 'oh wow, this should be great then'....and I'm just not seeing it.

Altho I do appreciate the more emotional themes from Revenge of te Sith...the mournful choir one. Feels like they need some mroe of the 'high adventure' themes from the originals for battles.

Edited by JeedaiFiresaber

I'd like to be able to "playlist" the ost in game. And then loop it.

that's not a bad idea, altho I have not seen such a thing in a game since waaaaaaaaay back in the early Command and Conquer, and Red Alert days.

I wish there was a way to dig in the files and see what's in there for music even.

make OP president of bioware for this suggestion.

NEEDS MORE ORIGINAL

TRILOGY MUSIC!

'look at the size of that thing'

lol...now again i'm not saying we need all original triolgy music, and certainly not character themes from characters...who are not born yet...

but the music seems too bland, almost forgetable and quiet, they even used alot of the bland prequel stuff...

Just some more familiar overtures... some of the epic climax music from the battle of endor, or the snowspeeder battle on Hoth...

make OP president of bioware for this suggestion.

NEEDS MORE ORIGINAL

TRILOGY MUSIC!

I love this suggestion, I would love to hear the music from the movie when Luke, Han and Princess Lia were standing on the steps played everytime you level or finish a flashpoint or something. I think the music really made you feel like you had witnessed a great acomplishment. So nice to see a positive suggestion! OP for president of bioware!:p

I was really disappointed by the music in this. It felt so dull - with a few "noticeable" but still boring tracks that seemed to play 90% of the time. Not to mention you really need to turn the "ambient sound" down to at least 50% to hear the music properly (the ambient sounds drown out most stuff).

What REALLY disappointed me though was the Cantina music/band music/jukebox music. It sounded abysmal - like some awful 8-bit music that might have been background music for Sonic the Hedgehog on the Megadrive. I remember loving hearing the cool Cantina music when I first entered one in SWG - but was really disappointed here.

In the end I switched the music off altogether, took the ambient volume down to 50%, the master volume down to 50%, and now just listen to the radio or my own music while I play.

Can I haz duel of the fates? I think I've only heard it once or twice... I want more!

I don't think i've even heard that one in game at all yet... Tho I'm level 42, and Just arrived on Hoth... so I haven't been everywhere/done everything yet. I've done the Jedi Prisoner chain, the KOTOR music there was nice... but the same track I'd heard on the Endar Spire mission on Taris....and tbh it didn't really fit here...

Is the music different between Empire side and Republic? I've only really played Republic so far...

I don't think i've even heard that one in game at all yet... Tho I'm level 42, and Just arrived on Hoth... so I haven't been everywhere/done everything yet. I've done the Jedi Prisoner chain, the KOTOR music there was nice... but the same track I'd heard on the Endar Spire mission on Taris....and tbh it didn't really fit here...

Is the music different between Empire side and Republic? I've only really played Republic so far...

I hear it on the Empire side moreso.

And to the Revan music... YES! YES! This is one of my favorites from the original.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.