What's the incentive to vote for an MVP in warzones?

Prolapse

I was just wondering this and nobody I asked seemed to know. Does anyone here know? Is there really an incentive to vote for an MVP in warzones? Don't get me wrong, I vote for MVPs based on the value of the player in that specific match, but a lot of people don't vote, and I feel its because they don't get anything in return for doing so.

So is there? If there isn't, should there be? Should extra valor or experience be rewarded to people who participate in the vote? What's the community think?

There's no reward for rewarding one of your teamates with a vote. It's only meant for fun and to promote teamwork and all that nonsense.

Incorrect. Players with MVP votes gain additional commendations and some slight extra Valor, and I think the player with the most votes gets some more. The numbers are trivial, but they can add up. I've watched my commendations and valor change on the score screen right in front of my eyes as I received an MVP vote.

Well most people that group que swap votes with friends 50 extra valor per vote, even if you don't win. Its not about who dies well its about popularity. I saw a healer pull 400k heals by fighting in the middle while a guy solo ran the ball past like 3 guys. Guess who got the vote in a 3-5 game we won. The bad healer. Edited by theblackjew

Incorrect. Players with MVP votes gain additional commendations and some slight extra Valor, and I think the player with the most votes gets some more. The numbers are trivial, but they can add up. I've watched my commendations and valor change on the score screen right in front of my eyes as I received an MVP vote.

Try reading what he said again.

Well most people that group que swap votes with friends 50 extra valor. Its not about who dies well its about popularity. I saw a healer pull 400k heals by fighting in the middle while a guy solo ran the ball past like 3 guys. Guess who got the vote in a 3-5 game we won. The bad healer.

lol the healer made the opposing team deal with effectively 33 more players while distracting them from your ball carrier and you call him a baddie...

So is there? If there isn't, should there be? Should extra valor or experience be rewarded to people who participate in the vote? What's the community think?

Not afaik. Absolutely not. Absolutely not. That.

These WoW-kids already believe that they are "entitled" to everything. They need to be taught how to behave, not spoiled. I vote for players that play to win, I hardly ever vote for highest dmg (when it's not me) because those people are usually making it harder to win. The people that learned how to "pvp" in WSG at level 19 and are convinced that fighting in mid-field is the best thing EVAR...will not get a vote from me.

The idea of rewarding people for being nice to others, to force them to be nice...I find that rather disgusting. Our species is really pathetic.

lol the healer made the opposing team deal with effectively 33 more players while distracting them from your ball carrier and you call him a baddie...

Yeah if that BC wasn't a boss we would have lost. Oh when there wasn't combat he jumped in the poison and self healed.

People whine about the strangest things. MVP is fine. You can award it to player you thought deserved it or you can skip voting if you don't feel like it. Or trade them with your friend. The benefits aren't that big so it's not really exploitable or something to get concerned about.

In pugs I don't think anyone actually votes for mvps...why would anyone want to help a stranger out even if they won them the game? From what I can tell it's for premades of guilds/rl friends to vote for each other.

Yes.

I used to actually sit and think for a minute about who I felt actually contributed most to the win.....but now I usually just exit ASAP. People mainly vote for their buddies. It's pointless.

I don't usually, because it's a pointless waste of my time. Every once in a while, if I happen to see a teammate do something awesome, I may vote for them out of being impressed.

Any Republic player who doesn't vote and then complains about how Imps are better geared than them, as they are past Battlemaster, should rethink their strategy.

Any Republic player who doesn't vote and then complains about how Imps are better geared than them, as they are past Battlemaster, should rethink their strategy.

This. In the long run it is Imperial vs Republic. By voting you are helping your own side by helping your team obtain better gear.

Get the vote out!