Ability Delay on Ion Pulse/MV/Stockstrike/HIB Kills this Class, Sorry.

Daecollo

Stockstrike, the GCD doesn't trigger until your stockstrike hits.

Ion Pulse, You move your gun back before firing it, same problem, look above.

HIB, You move your gun back before firing it, same problem, GCD doesn't start until you fire it.

It also prevents you from using abilties after another, its weird and stupid.

Change Stock strike into "Vibro Bayonet" to an animation that you quickly thrust a bayonet into the target.

Ion Pulse just quickly shoots a pulse of lightning at the target, no gun drawbacks. (make the animation sound better too.)

HIB, make it a quick fire from under your gun, no ability delay.

Mortar Volley, Start Firing as soon as you click the ground.

Edited by Daecollo

Stockstrike, the GCD doesn't trigger until your stockstrike hits.

Ion Pulse, You move your gun back before firing it, same problem, look above.

HIB, You move your gun back before firing it, same problem, GCD doesn't start until you fire it.

It also prevents you from using abilties after another, its weird and stupid.

Change Stock strike into "Vibro Bayonet" to an animation that you quickly thrust a bayonet into the target.

Ion Pulse just quickly shoots a pulse of lightning at the target, no gun drawbacks. (make the animation sound better too.)

HIB, make it a quick fire from under your gun, no ability delay.

Mortar Volley, Start Firing as soon as you click the ground.

This is a trooper vs bounty hunter issue. Bioware didn't communicate between empire and republic dev teams apparently so we're not the only class with these kinds of ****** imbalances.

Force Lightning starts dealing damage immediately, pebbles do not. Soundrels stop movign when they stun, operatives do not. Full auto loses 33% damage when you get hit, unload loses roughly 10-20%. Mortar volley is just awful animation time compared to DFA.

Bunch of **** like that, their rocket punch is instant, ours is not. Backblast has an animation delay before damage, backstab does not. All sorts of stuff.

Edited by LordKivlov

The problem is for stockstrike, it's not instant because...you, well, haven't hit the target yet. You raise your weapon, then when you smack them with the rifle, that's when it's "activated"

Where as rocket punch, you punch him relativity fast, then do a follow up by spinning in air.

It's roughly the same thing. Only difference is Stock Strike is slightly slower animation compared to Rocket Punch. Which could be problematic. They could make the animation faster for Stock Strike.

Edited by Teldara

It comes down to how a lot of our abilities do damage at the end of a GCD, instead of at the beginning. It's still playable, and you can still do well if you change your play based on these quirks (i.e. Mortar Volley will actually do damage and animate well AFTER the channel bar is done, so you can move around and still shoot mortars).

It comes down to how a lot of our abilities do damage at the end of a GCD, instead of at the beginning. It's still playable, and you can still do well if you change your play based on these quirks (i.e. Mortar Volley will actually do damage and animate well AFTER the channel bar is done, so you can move around and still shoot mortars).

WHEN MOST OF OUR ABILITIES REQUIRE PROCS OFF OTHER ABILTIES ....

Unnacceptable, it means we deal damage slower, and our proc rate is decreased.

As a powertech I can quickly cast my abilities one after the other with no problem.

As a vanguard, I lag behind and it won't let me combo abilities without waiting for the animations to end.

Honestly, making stockstrike an attack I could simply thrust into the target "Vibro Bayonet". (would look extreamly cool, and be a MUCH faster animation.)

Mortar Volley... my target knows when the ground reticle goes up and nothing is firing that they need to move out of the way, and they do.

Simply proccing my shield can cancel the damage of some of my abilities because the animation of my shield goes off and interrupts my current animations animation (so damage doesn't occur.)

Edited by Paralassa
content

What I'd like to know is if the PT Jet charge slows down when leaping from minimum range. When the Vanguard Storms from minimum range, the speed slows down a LOT. I suspect this is because the Storm animation is long (run and jump).

WHEN MOST OF OUR ABILITIES REQUIRE PROCS OFF OTHER ABILTIES ....

Unnacceptable it means we deal damage slower, and our proc rate is decreased.

As a powertech I can quickly cast my abilities one after the other with no problem.

As a vanguard, I lag behind and it won't let me combo abilities without waiting for the animations to end.

You can still outskill all those powertechs :cool:

Honestly, though, I haven't really noticed a big difference in actual performance in PvP. Still crushing people with 10k+ damage in 2 globals.

Honestly, making stockstrike an attack I could simply thrust into the target "Vibro Bayonet". (would look extreamly cool, and be a MUCH faster animation.)

Just have us strike super fast, but have some overswing. Sort of like when a batter swings for the fences.

Mortar Volley... my target knows when the ground reticle goes up and nothing is firing that they need to move out of the way, and they do.

In my premades, I've started setting up aoes for my team mates. When I see a cluster, I call out my aoe stun, and everyone switches to them with huge aoes. Is it ideal? No, but you can still deal with the animation lag.

Simply proccing my shield can cancel the damage of some of my abilities because the animation of my shield goes off and interrupts my current animations animation (so damage doesn't occur.)

It's actually the dodge animation when you defend an attack. This is a known issue that Bioware is actively trying to fix.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

Can be good thing and a bad thing. Lets take 2 examples. Mortar strike vs DfA and Project vs Shock.

Mortar continues to fire 1 shot after the cast bar disappears, you can move and/or use another ability. You can effectively set up a larger burst because of it (not much larger, but slightly). But it also sucks when you are trying to stop someone from taking a node.

The same thing applies to project vs shock (inquis and consular). Shock does instant damage, good to interrupt a cap, but you wait for the GCD to finish. By the time project hits, you can get another attack at the same time, increasing burst damage. Burst is king in pvp.

They shouldn't be different. They should be fixed. but it is not all doom and gloom like some people make it out to be. Easy fix would be to allow you to effectively clip animations. Annoyances, but not game breaking for me.

Edited by Lotusfreek