A Healer's perspective on the Rogue nerf

SliggXx

Speaking as a fully specced Sawbones Scoundrel healer, I can only laugh at this nerf.

After 1.1 and the nerfed consumables, a DPS Operative alone could never kill me, but now they will barely tickle. Given my tendency to stare at health bars in PvP, I have also noted that they are currently one of the easiest classes to deal with with regard to them attacking a target, as if I can manage the initial burst they are completely useless.

Once they got rid of the consumables, Operatives/Scoundrels seemed pretty balanced to me. They should be able to take down most classes 1 vs 1., as that is kind of what they are designed for. With this nerf, I don't see them being able to kill anyone. They are already unable to take on well-geared, on-the-ball tanks. With this nerf, Sorcs/Sages are probably off the table, as well. Mercs/Commandos that knew what they were doing were already not soloable, but are probably now completely off the table. Well geared Maur/Sents...definitely off the table. So, that basically just leaves the only targets for Ops/Scoundrels being Snipers/Gunslingers.

Well done, BW. Thanks to you I will now have to compete with all the new Sawbones Scoundrels. I am sure you will end up nerfing that too, as I am pretty unkillable 1 vs 1 (I just can't kill much myself).

Edited by SliggXx

Once they got rid of the consumables, Operatives/Scoundrels seemed pretty balanced to me. They should be able to take down most classes 1 vs 1., as that is kind of what they are designed for. .

And thats where the fail comes in. No class should be designed to take down all others. Its not a game of rock paper scissors.

And thats where the fail comes in. No class should be designed to take down all others. Its not a game of rock paper scissors.

Well, wouldn't a rock, paper, scissors analogy denote balance? You fail and you don't even know it.

The reality is that Scoundrels, all things being equal, don't take down every class anymore.

Well get this, I'm playing a Sage and a Vanguard and I agree with him.

They were good for two things. Healing and burst. Now they're good for healing.

Complete and utter ********. They are still OP as hell. Nice try operative scrub. Play a class that takes skill.

Complete and utter ********. They are still OP as hell. Nice try operative scrub. Play a class that takes skill.

u mad bro?

I play a scoundrel healer and spent half my fights getting shanked by OPs. they almost never kill me without help. I think they are fine as is. I'm sorry you are bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.