We want Arenas in SWTOR!

Lucies

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe he has a life.

So basically anyone who did good in wow arenas had no life?

Basically the people not wanting to listen to arena-ideas are the same people who just suck at pvp, plain and simple. You have your HM/operations, let us have our form of arena system.

I don't care either way. The only thing I don't want is for the arenas to reward the best gear.

If the gear is on par with what you can get from WZs, then OK.

But I bet that if this is case, hardly anyone will participate. Why? Because arenas in an MMO is a stupid idea: the less people you have in a match, the more the imbalances stand out and we all know MMOs are impossible to balance.

I don't mind arenas only so long as the people who are fortunate enough to get good teammates don't then also automatically dominate world pvp and warzones. If they have the exact same gear progression then fine. I don't want to be forced to do arena to have top of the line PVP gear. Edited by Torleen

No ty.

If people want to play Arena I don't have nothing against it. Just long as its on some other game where I don't need to listen endlessly how all skill is in arena and everything else is rubbish.

Been there, done that, don't care at all to do it again.

No ty.

If people want to play Arena I don't have nothing against it. Just long as its on some other game where I don't need to listen endlessly how all skill is in arena and everything else is rubbish.

Been there, done that, don't care at all to do it again.

But that's all arenas is is showing off your skills. I love the fact that people are scared because people are going to be able to get better gear then others due to more skill.

If any consensus exists in this thread (I'm not sure one does) it seems to be that people don't want arenas to award better gear. I understand people don't like them for what they did to WoW PvP, but so long as Arena isn't the "ideal" way to get gear then it shouldn't really matter. If you don't like them, don't play them, if you do, go for it. This only works so long as the gear awarded is in no way shape or form "better" than the normal PvP gear. It'd be nice if there were different titles, mounts etc for ranked warzones and arenas but yeah gear should definitely be the exact same statwise.

But that's all arenas is is showing off your skills. I love the fact that people are scared because people are going to be able to get better gear then others due to more skill.

Or, perhaps, that they think that canned PvP built around pillar-humping and class compositions is, by no means, an indication of overall PvP skill. Also, if Arena is indeed for showing off skill, then you wouldn't need gear to steamroll the "unskilled plebs" who dare to dislike the most awesome and elite sort of PvP out there.

As I said, I'm fine with Arena being a mini-game. But when developers start balancing the entire game's PvP around group duels, it all goes downhill.

while i did have 2500 ratings in wow arenas, they were implimented pretty poorly

i love the idea of 4v4 with one of each base class being required that other people have tossed around

and the gear should be exactly the same gear available through warzones right now

adding a few more warzones will keep me happy for now, there are other balancing issues they need to get out of the way first, and bug fixes before they should start focusing on arenas at all

rated 8v8 wz with being allowed to que with a group of more than 4 would be nice, or at the very least have it randomly stick 2x premade 4man groups together, so there is always that random factor

regardless, i dont want the arenas YET, id much rather take my time and get a 50 of each class, going through all 8 storylines

Or, perhaps, that they think that canned PvP built around pillar-humping and class compositions is, by no means, an indication of overall PvP skill. Also, if Arena is indeed for showing off skill, then you wouldn't need gear to steamroll the "unskilled plebs" who dare to dislike the most awesome and elite sort of PvP out there.

As I said, I'm fine with Arena being a mini-game. But when developers start balancing the entire game's PvP around group duels, it all goes downhill.

Agreed. I'm fine with an arena system that gives the EXACT SAME rewards as warzones and perhaps a title and mount or two. No gear for arena though. No balancing for arena please.

Keep other forms of pvp alive.

Arenas destroyed wow pvp so definitely no, keep that garbage far away from this game.

No they didn't. PvP became way more fun in WoW because of arenas. That's why the top professional sponsored gamers who play WoW and are on YouTube always go into Arenas. It really shows how much skill and knowledge you have of your class when it's a 1v1 or 2v2 because there's no dumb objectives in the way.

The only thing broken are the existing warzones because no one understands how to accomplish the objectives except for 5% of the players. That's why you have most people off fighting instead of healing or going after the objective. Everyone wants to just fight so give them arenas and leave objective based games to the others.

The only thing broken are the existing warzones because no one understands how to accomplish the objectives except for 5% of the players. That's why you have most people off fighting instead of healing or going after the objective. Everyone wants to just fight so give them arenas and leave objective based games to the others.

People go off fighting because maybe they are new to warzones and don't know the tactics involved so far, and also in a losing game that they know there is likely no chance of winning, they'll just fight to have fun.

At least those players are better than the pve players that only wants to complete their dailies.