We want Arenas in SWTOR!

Lucies

As long as Arenas are just a fun minigame, and *not* the center of the game's PvP balancing and\or the best source of top PvP gear, I'm actually fine with them.

I agree, you don't have to make it the only source of the top PvP gear - just one of the sources so those who don't like WZ can get it that way.

They just need to learn where WOW went wrong and improve on it.

So many people on here seem to think WOW Arena is the only way it could be implemented.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But imagine how awesome it could be to have a tournament that players can spectate/watch 2 gladiators bashing on each other to death.

just thinking it would be awesome if it will be a bit different then WoW.

and ofc some awesome social rewards for the winners and people could sign to the tournament.

And who will care? Maybe arrange a Super Mario tournament too.

I'm a former rank 14 and gladiator in some season, arenas were the worst **** to ever happen to wow. Not fun, tedious, and extremely frustrating. More so as they were/are the ONLY way to get the best pvp gear.

Still, i'm all for options and if some people love arena they can have it and play it, i don't care, as long as it's not the only way to get the best pvp gear, because i don't want to play it.

What if arena's had very little reward? I never did arenas in WoW but I would very much like to have battles on a smaller scale. With little reward you won't have to feel compelled to grind arenas for your gear. Maybe just give arena groups / players ranks.

Maybe they could even give republic players their purple lightsabers this way....

Edited by Oawe

The more content you have and ways to play the game the more people will play it. As long as it's not the only way to get the top level gear I think it'd be a great addition!

The problem however is that PvP relies on people playing together. So having that many options just spreads PvP too thin to keep it going.

Edited by Spymaster

The problem however is that PvP relies on people playing together. So having that many options just spreads PvP too thin to keep it going.

I understand where you're coming from, but equally the more options you have the more people will play PvP. As long as they all give the same rewards people will interchange between the different styles of play as the mood takes them.

Arena's are a bad idea and will ruin this game.

It will ultimately lead to arena point specific gear, where you can only get them by winning arena's, and there are allot of people who don't want them and would rather they enhance the current PvP available and build on that.

And it is True that they thought arena's where a bad idea with the direction the game took, now if BW continue to take on bad aspects of wow, all it will do is ruin the star wars feel and it will just become yet another pvp oriented game.

Not because arena is bad, but because the PVP in this game is designed atrociously for e-sport arena style PVP.

Clearly the answer should be no from anyone who has done even half a match of warzones. The game's core design philosophies for PVP would crush arena and make it unenjoyable.

People who say arena will ruin the game clearly werent very good at pvp in WoW, Arena is no matter how u call it the best thing to happen pvp-wise in WoW. it made pvp have a place where skills were the main requirement (obviously some classes were worse than others but thats inevitable).

both in TBC & wotlk i enjoyed arena and it was the only reason i actually played the game.

im not saying they should copy arena as a whole, or even give arena-specific gear. But what they should do is make some sort of arena where its a 3v3 and the objective is simply defeat the other team. If for some reason you dont like this then you dont play it. I also think there should be rated warzones so thats a place for u possibly.(and from what i've heard thats incomming soon'ish)

if you dont like the whole "rated" both warzones or arena then i dont understand why you call urself a pvper or even enter into the discussion about wether or not they should be implemented because this does not affect you.

/signed bring arena's now!

People who say arena will ruin the game clearly werent very good at pvp in WoW, Arena is no matter how u call it the best thing to happen pvp-wise in WoW. it made pvp have a place where skills were the main requirement (obviously some classes were worse than others but thats inevitable).

both in TBC & wotlk i enjoyed arena and it was the only reason i actually played the game.

im not saying they should copy arena as a whole, or even give arena-specific gear. But what they should do is make some sort of arena where its a 3v3 and the objective is simply defeat the other team. If for some reason you dont like this then you dont play it. I also think there should be rated warzones so thats a place for u possibly.(and from what i've heard thats incomming soon'ish)

if you dont like the whole "rated" both warzones or arena then i dont understand why you call urself a pvper or even enter into the discussion about wether or not they should be implemented because this does not affect you.

/signed bring arena's now!

If all the CC's in this game weren't on the same DR, mods were allowed, macros were allowed, dispels were expected and more frequent....if knockbacks were far less frequent, if more classes had a lot more CD's to watch, use, and monitor....if all the bugs with ability delay/faction imbalances were all fixed.....

This game would still be atrocious for arena PVP. It's just not made well for arena. It would be the worst PVP experience of your life.

I want rated play, but when I want real arena style pvp, I'm going to play WoW or GW2. This game, it's developers, the players and the community can't handle arena in the least.

Lets say arena is implemented in Kotor.

People who like arenas, play arenas

People who don't like arenas don't play arenas

LOCK THREAD AND IMPLEMENT ARENAS IMMEDIATELY THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE YESTERDAY forget about signs and ****

/thread.

Edited by katsalex

And it is True that they thought arena's where a bad idea with the direction the game took, now if BW continue to take on bad aspects of wow, all it will do is ruin the star wars feel and it will just become yet another pvp oriented game.

the only reason they thought arena's were a bad idea is that the game was originally a pve game and because of arena's they had to tweek & balance the game 24/7 which was an impossible task. sometimes it would be close to perfect and then the new tiers come up , X scales better than Y , PROBLEMS AGAIN.

Arena's made WoW an E-sport game and deff made WoW a lot more famous , this was not a bad thing.