Does the new Ilum give an advantage to the overpopulated side?

Frags-

I haven't done too much ilum since the revamp. But it got me thinking a little bit. With the new way it is set up, the side with more numbers will usually control most or all of the objectives. There just aren't enough numbers on the lower populated side to keep all of the objectives. On my server, I know we are lucky to have 2 at a time.

Because of this, now the higher populated side gets very high valor returns from any kills in ilum. Does this now give them an advantage of being able to rank up much quicker than the other side in addition to outnumbering them? Or is ilum not very effective for ranking up valor regardless of owning objectives or not?

If you are with the faction that has the largest population, you have to first get kills to receive valor. I play Empire on my server. The problem for me is that it's been close to a 10 to 1 Empire to Republic ratio every time I've been to Ilum's pvp zone. If a Republic player shows up it's like chum in the water. So they don't show up. We've had a few large battles, but those are few and far between. With all the Empire players in Ilum, it takes me about 5 hours to get my daily done. Yesterday I got 13 Kills/Armaments between 6pm and 9pm. I gave up after 9pm. So server population imbalance really serves no one.

I'm considering re-rolling Republic, but getting my ***** handed to me every time I go to Ilum doesn't sound all that fun either. I know that I'd transfer to another server if It meant I'd get a better balance, but I'm going to wait and see how things play out before I make that decision....

The entire game gives advantages to the overpopulated faction.

Generally - at least in PvP - the downside to being on the "zerg faction" is that you have to deal with very long queues for Warzones or difficulty getting into population-limited PvP zones.

In TOR - thanks to Huttball and no population limit in Ilum - there's no reason to not just join Empire. You still get perfectly fast queues (Even if it is Huttball a lot) and you can go to Ilum and just zerg the Republic for easy kills and valor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.