Seems like burst damage classes always gets the nerf sticks

Galaa_SG

Anyone who played Rift Online should remember what happened to Saboteur. Their burst is nerfed till its unplayable, but the good thing for Rift is that they can mix classes, so sabos just respecced into other rogue classes.

Glad my main is a Powertech, i just started levelling my IA alt and this nerf is coming. Way too overboard if you ask me.

Stay away from burst classes in your next MMORPG guys, they always get the nerf sticks.

PS: Did stunlock rogues get nerfed in wow? I quitted at BC, my rogue was still able to lock most classes to death at that time :D

Edited by Galaa_SG

The problem for both players and game makers is, that no one seems to take in to account the ENTIRE class. They just look at damage numbers.

So 3 months from now, after all the various nerfs, the best class will be the DPS class with the best defensive cooldowns as damage will be balanced only by damage numbers and nothing more taken in to consideration. This recent nerf is just the car swerving down that road.

The problem for both players and game makers is, that no one seems to take in to account the ENTIRE class. They just look at damage numbers.

So 3 months from now, after all the various nerfs, the best class will be the DPS class with the best defensive cooldowns as damage will be balanced only by damage numbers and nothing more taken in to consideration. This recent nerf is just the car swerving down that road.

So, marauders. Which are already amazing at flat-out DPS and have the best defensive cooldowns in the game.

Welp! Good thing I've already got a marauder in her 30s so catching up after Operatives become useless won't be a problem!

Yes. Play a Rage or Annihilation marauder before you say things like that.

An annihilation marauder with 5 years of wow experience is sitting right in front of me, and i can only laugh at how much more damage i do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.