Can we please fix the MASSIVE memory leak?

Ryzaerian

Or at least acknowledge it? No, it's not just Taris. It's the entire game. And there's no doubt in my mind that you (the Developers) are well aware of it. I just ran a memory clear app to monitor it. I lost a gig of RAM after about 3 warzone matches. And you can't even get it back without rebooting. It just disappears. I challenge ANYONE who tries to contradict this to run a memory app while they play. This is why people with lower end systems are complaining about awful performance.

Love the game, but you guys have to get your s**t together or I (and a lot of people) won't be making my first payment.

Just wanted to reply saying you aren't alone bro, but no one will comment because it has been said so many times on the forums.

All you can do is hope that they will eventually fix a lot of the performance and engine issues they have, including memory leaks. Or cancel.

I'm waiting just a bit longer as I am still in my free month.

If things don't improve Then I will hopefully get a full refund through origin.

Or at least acknowledge it? No, it's not just Taris. It's the entire game. And there's no doubt in my mind that you (the Developers) are well aware of it. I just ran a memory clear app to monitor it. I lost a gig of RAM after about 3 warzone matches. And you can't even get it back without rebooting. It just disappears. I challenge ANYONE who tries to contradict this to run a memory app while they play. This is why people with lower end systems are complaining about awful performance.

Love the game, but you guys have to get your s**t together or I (and a lot of people) won't be making my first payment.

Yes, this is indeed an issue. My game crashes on a regular basis, generally around an hour of play time depending on what I'm doing in game.

Please don't fix this issue.

It makes me feel all nostalgic like I'm playing VANGUARD again.

lol, you won't get a full refund.

And clearly its not affecting EVERYONE because its not affecting me.

Sucks that you're affected tho.

It's effecting a lot of people, And yes I will get a full refund.... I already have 2 friends that received refunds.

And there where threads that got shut down with people saying. "I got a full refund and you can too"

Maybe you couldn't? But speak for yourself.

Iv gotten refunds for things with a lot less wrong with them than Swotor, and I can clearly and concisely state to them why I am entitled to one. That's all you have to do through origin anyway.

I actually have an interesting back and forth between me and a customer service rep about the deluxe edition items and how they lie to you about the usage of the items. That alone is enough to get my money back.

Edited by KurleyKilla

Nice glad to know somebody cares about the game... unfortunately it's the wrong people..

What you describe sounds a lot more like caching than memory leak... are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Mind you, having memory leak and not having enough memory are two different things... If there was a memory leak present, the guys running 16G RAM or more would also be complaining about running out of memory.

That said... the game does use quite a bit of memory after a while, but it doesnt spin out of control as it would if there was a memory leak.

Edited by C-Bee

I'm pretty sure every game Bioware has ever made for the PC has had massive memory leaks.

The one in DA1 was so bad I could only play for 20 minutes at a time before I had to restart my computer.

The one in DA2 was manageable because I had just gotten more RAM and didn't play for long periods of time.

TOR uses 100% of my RAM whenever it is open, but it doesn't affect my gameplay to much except Ilum is still a nightmare with more then 20 people, think thats a separate issue though.

What you describe sounds a lot more like cashing than memory leak... are you sure you know what you are talking about?

I dont think very many people actually know what a memory leak is. Memory leaks happen when programs use parts of memory and then do not release that memory when they are done. I see people all the time talking about memory leaks and have to laugh they have no idea what they are talking about. I only have 4 gigs total play this game with 0 issues.

This and several other issues need some clarification. It's great that the Devs are willing to write up reports to let people know what's going on with Ability Delay and Ilum, and I'm not expecting that level of detail for every issue or even every major issue; However, acknowledging some issues while neglecting to acknowledge others can lead people to believe that the devs either don't care or aren't trying their best to fix the issue.

This and several other issues need some clarification. It's great that the Devs are willing to write up reports to let people know what's going on with Ability Delay and Ilum, and I'm not expecting that level of detail for every issue or even every major issue; However, acknowledging some issues while neglecting to acknowledge others can lead people to believe that the devs either don't care or aren't trying their best to fix the issue.

Or it could mean that the issue is completely un-related to the game itself. It isnt even two months since I ran accross a soundcard driver that reserved 300...400 MB of RAM under certain conditions and eventually caused BSoD that pointed completely somewhere else.

Combine all possible platform independent issues with rabid gamers who have picked some random term (like memory leak) and start throwing it around without having any idea what it means. I would be hard pressed as a software developper to give any announcements about issues like that.

Edited by C-Bee

And clearly its not affecting EVERYONE because its not affecting me.

/Agree.

If it was MASSIVE it would be crushing all the players. It's not. So any reference to MASSIVE would be localized to you OP.

I keep a monitor on memory use, cpu use, gpu use, and thermals when I play and I have never had any noticeable memory leak with this particular game.