Mounts other than speeders

Hodayc

Maybe it's just me, but I think it would be nice to have mounts that aren't speeders available for purchase, and possibly restricted to specific worlds, e.g. tauntauns on :csw_hoth:, dewbacks on :csw_tattooine:, bantha anywhere except Coruscant, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love :csw_bike: as much as the next guy, but I think this would add to the immersive-ness of the game. Like in SW:ESB when they commented that they were having trouble "adapting the speeders to the cold" and Han said they'd just have to go out on tauntauns.

Like the Original Star Wars MMO, this game will feature Vehicles and Mounts. Vehicles, of course, made it in at launch. Mounts are coming. But Mounts are a balancing act against Vehicle. A Tauntaun should never go as fast as a STAP, for instance. In the Original Star Wars MMO, Vehicles and Mounts had different attributes and benefits. But, Vehicles were still preferred to Mounts, overall.

There is a catch here. Dallas Dickinson is producing TOR. He also was the Producer of the Original Star Wars MMO during the RotW era, which introduced everyone's favorite planet to the game. There, in certain instances, Vehicles were restricted. If you didn't want to walk, you were forced to use Mounts. So, my guess is that with DD here as well, we might see that as well.

saying its a balancing act and that one mount shouldnt be as fast as another leads only one direction...

ppl want them>>bioware adds them>>>they leave some slow and make some fast>>>ppl complain>>>changes are made "eventually">>>ppl stay mad till then>>>forums are filled with repeated posts that get some flamed and or banned>>>5 years later all the things that should have been done to begin with get done and people got upset and banned for no reason

ive already seen this happen in several games..the most popular one being world of warcraft.

so lets just leave out all the stupid stuff...leave out all the arguing/flaming/banning...lets not delay the inevitable... lets just have mounts that all go the same speed. and have mounts other than speeders.

not to mention ppl are gonna want flying mounts sooner or later and the fact bioware didnt design this game as an open world like WOW..which we already know is gonna cause HUGE problems if this game survives past one year.

Edited by Anathar

not to mention ppl are gonna want flying mounts sooner or later and the fact bioware didnt design this game as an open world like WOW..which we already know is gonna cause HUGE problems if this game survives past one year.

Remember: This is a Star Wars MMO. "Flying mounts" means Rocket Tauntauns.

Do you really want a Rocket Tauntaun?

Do you want flying vehicles, like Airspeeders?

Flying mounts ... taken literally suggests flying animals. However I'm sure they just mean flying vehicles. Which we already have, as not one vehicle yet rolls, or treads, or walks. They all fly. Then we all have our starship, which is a super flying vehicle mount!

As for speed restrictions, they already have them :(

Higher level speeders go faster. So since the special Deluxe/CE Speeder is ranked with the slow speeders, it won't be used by anyone high enough level to get one of the 110% speed vehicles. Great way to make a unique purchase reward useless. Oh wait, they did that with the color crystal too.

Back on topic:

Some personal animals to ride would be nice at some point. Once they fix where you can ride them. Bad enough with massive AV-21's clogging up fleet station. We don't need dewbacks, banthas, and rancors flooding the small walkways too. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.