Get Khem Val out of my way

Meddyck

Companions follow your character too closely and force you into contortions to avoid clicking on them when you want to pick up loot or activate an object. Please let us set the follow distance and angle for our companions to keep them out of our way.

Yes, I agree. Though this is much improved from beta -- where it was almost impossible to click on anything without a terse remark from your companion -- it still is not functioning very well.

For me, if we are trying to click on an NPC or a loot, I should be able to click through the companion, like I click through myself. Perhaps, if the companion needs to talk to me, that can be suspended or something.

I don't have trouble with Mako, but that's probably because I got used to working around Khem before I got her. If I'm not moving it seems like he takes up half the clickable real estate on the screen.

I have noticed that every player and npc seems to have a rather large click box. Other than companions I notice it most in pvp, when I try to target someone with the mouse and get someone off to the side but slightly closer. It can be pretty annoying, since tabbing through enemies in a target rich environment is often a poor solution.

Fully agree with this. Companion follow distance needs to be increased, they should follow off screen entirely. If I want to look at them, I'll turn around. All companions get in the way of clicking on things at some point. Some games have a "set follow distance" option for NPC party members, we need something like that, or just a set increase in distance. Edited by AeonWeapon

Please count me in.

I'd like it this way:

1) Let us set the distance at which we want the companion to always stay away from us.

2) Let us decide our team formation; ie: set our character back left|right or behind us or on our left|right.

Now to prevent our companions from keeping bouncing in all directions, when we move towards them do not automatically make them move away. Just prevent them walking on us.

I agree with the OP and adding to that I also hate how they're always staring at your character all the time, like some creepy perv. Why is T7 the only companion (as far as I've seen) who has any idle animations? And why the **** do our characters not have any worth mentioning for that matter?

Companions follow your character too closely and force you into contortions to avoid clicking on them when you want to pick up loot or activate an object. Please let us set the follow distance and angle for our companions to keep them out of our way.

i think the simplest and quickest temporary solution to this for not only Khem but also for all other companions is to correct their follow paths in which they do not follow directly behind you. Set their follow paths to either follow from an angle of the left or right sides behind your toon. This way, the companions will not be in the way of being clicked on.

I don't mind touching Mako on accident (trollface) but I do mind touching Khem when I'm trying to click objectives as well. That's why I stopped using him, that and because he's kind of a useless tank unless you're a healer. I use Talos now, and he says funny things when I touch him.

I like the idea of battle formations, but I would like to take a different approach. If your trying to loot or hmm...idk your trying to get down a narrow corridor and they just standing there looking at you like you have no business going that way. Then when you try to force your way past them, if you could see their face in a close up, they would look at your like your the a**h0le.

So my thought is this, why not while outside of battle the companions can be walked through. I mean yes I know there is a feature where you can tell them where to move. Some time that doesnt work for me where they will just stand in the way farther down the corridor or they would get stuck on something. At least half walk through-able.

If that is too drastic, how about them just putting their backs to the wall when your walking toward their position in a narrow walkway.

+1 not to mention i get a horrible spike wen i talk with my companion wen they want c me on my ship, then hey guess wat a republic comes along an ganks me cuz my screen froze for 5secs :p Edited by Tythus

Is it annoying that your companion fells like it's your shadow and always stand's in your way? Hell yea but one more thing is even more annoying then that.

Imaging you get in your ship and the first thing you hear is your butler-droid :rolleyes: that's ok the droid is glad to see me, and again going nearby it he shout out again it's servitude commentary, also next time you go nearby it shout's out again and there it is again and again and so on.... :mad: Can someone tell me where it's switch button is???....lol... Seriously why not give us the opt to at least turn on/off the butler-droid speech?

Agreed to all of the above.

And even if it's not possible to adjust the companion pathing, surely it is doable to prioritize what the mouse hits when you click. This is the case in combat, when you can click right through the companion to target the enemy.

If you're over loot or a door or another actionable object, prioritize THAT, don't prioritize hitting the companion. The companion should be pass-through to those when in proximity to an actionable object.

I agree with the OP and adding to that I also hate how they're always staring at your character all the time, like some creepy perv. Why is T7 the only companion (as far as I've seen) who has any idle animations? And why the **** do our characters not have any worth mentioning for that matter?

and this

Oh dear god yes please. I like Khem, I really do, but I do twitch about bringing him onto any world because he is so often in the way.

The biggest issue with companions generally is that in their eagerness to keep up with you they often walk straight into the middle of the screen. I've lost count of the number of times I've gone to click on, well, anything and the companion runs up into the middle of the screen and I just click on them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.