Age of Starhammer

clearsighted

If someone had warned me that the same devs from Mythic's Age of Warhammer were the ones handling our classes, I would have seriously reconsidered my decision to sub. There are just too many similarities between SWTOR and Warhammer...ridiculous class design, zerg warzones, a hypersensitive knee-jerk response time to little issues that will work themselves out when people L2P while ignoring the major issues, clunky abilities. Not to mention, lots of unwarranted hype (can anyone else remember how incredibly over-hyped Warhammer was, by that one big British bearded dude who was in all in the videos?)

I remember hearing about how Bioware were originally seeking employees with no previous MMO experience. That would've served them better than having anything to do with Mythic's leftovers.

The areas of the game where I enjoy SWTOR, is basically the story and group conversations, and where it reminds me most keenly of Bioware games. Everytime I pay attention to class balance or PvP, I just get nightmare flashbacks to Warhammer (a game I beta tested).

Edited by clearsighted

I didn't play warhammer man, however I am playing and enjoying this game. If your not happy then go find another game, it's as easy as that.

Keep telling people that, watch what happens when they start listening.

Keep telling people that, watch what happens when they start listening.

Well, that's the thing. There aren't a lot of people who don't enjoy the game playing.

Because people don't do things they don't enjoy, they stop doing them and start doing something else.

Look at you, you're not playing. You are hurfing on the forum instead.

Well, that's the thing. There aren't a lot of people who don't enjoy the game playing.

Because people don't do things they don't enjoy, they stop doing them and start doing something else.

Look at you, you're not playing. You are hurfing on the forum instead.

Did you after stop to think hmmm.... warhammer has 2 servers left open(from what I was told, could be wrong)

if the same devs from THAT game, are working on THIS game, that isn't an issue for you?

Think REAL hard about it

Edited by Liberate

I didn't play warhammer man, however I am playing and enjoying this game. If your not happy then go find another game, it's as easy as that.

If he's not happy, then he is welcome to post his criticism on the SWTOR forums he paid for.

This game has it's flaws and yes, Mythic Developers should have had no partaking in this development given their horrid track record. PvP is borked because of their impressive failure.

I'm tired of seeing drones coming to the defense of these developers. In no other industry is the consumer so readily willing to make excuses for their product.

I watched a Ford Mustang commercial, went to the dealership and bought a Mustang. I got a Mustang.

I watched a commercial for SWTOR. I went to Gamestop. Bought SWTOR. I got some elements of KOTOR and a half baked PvP system coupled with garbage itemization. I won't even go into how horrid the textures in this game are compared to beta.

Money is money. I should get what I pay for.

If someone had warned me that the same devs from Mythic's Age of Warhammer were the ones handling our classes, I would have seriously reconsidered my decision to sub. There are just too many similarities between SWTOR and Warhammer...ridiculous class design, zerg warzones, a hypersensitive knee-jerk response time to little issues that will work themselves out when people L2P while ignoring the major issues, clunky abilities. Not to mention, lots of unwarranted hype (can anyone else remember how incredibly over-hyped Warhammer was, by that one big British bearded due who was in all in the videos?)

I remember hearing about how Bioware were originally seeking employees with no previous MMO experience. That would've served them better than having anything to do with Mythic's leftovers.

The areas of the game where I enjoy SWTOR, is basically the story and group conversations, and where it reminds me most keenly of Bioware games. Everytime I pay attention to class balance or PvP, I just get nightmare flashbacks to Warhammer (a game I beta tested).

So you base your whole opinion around the fact, that you beta tested Warhammer?

First of all, you lack evidence - no evidence, your arugument is invalid.

As much as I agree that Warhammer has a clunky gameplay (yes, it's not more than 2 weeks ago I played it), I fail to see the resemblance between Swtor and Warhammer. In fact, I can't find anything they do have in common, besides the fact they're both an mmorpg.

Well aint that just the perfect solution to any problem. If something has issues just move on instead of pointing them out in hopes they get fixed. If there were more people like you cars would still be without seatbelts.

agree 110%, my opinion I like the game and am having fun, I don't care about anything else, or what others opions are.. the game is like any new mmo going through the bug fixes the first couple of months no mmo has ever been launched with out a few bugs to squash.

If he's not happy, then he is welcome to post his criticism on the SWTOR forums he paid for.

This game has it's flaws and yes, Mythic Developers should have had no partaking in this development given their horrid track record. PvP is borked because of their impressive failure.

I'm tired of seeing drones coming to the defense of these developers. In no other industry is the consumer so readily willing to make excuses for their product.

I watched a Ford Mustang commercial, went to the dealership and bought a Mustang. I got a Mustang.

I watched a commercial for SWTOR. I went to Gamestop. Bought SWTOR. I got some elements of KOTOR and a half baked PvP system coupled with garbage itemization. I won't even go into how horrid the textures in this game are compared to beta.

Money is money. I should get what I pay for.

Good man, and from 08 as well. All I see is people from '11 defending anything Bioware does and not allowing ANY constructive criticism ever.

agree 110%, my opinion I like the game and am having fun, I don't care about anything else, or what others opions are.. the game is like any new mmo going through the bug fixes the first couple of months no mmo has ever been launched with out a few bugs to squash.

It's good to know you've reached the point in your life where you can accept and understand other people have differing views and just because YOU think something is fine, doesn't mean it is.

I thought SWG PRE - CU was the best game ever, but apparently real world sand box features are lost on many people, go figure.

Edited by Liberate

So you base your whole opinion around the fact, that you beta tested Warhammer?

First of all, you lack evidence - no evidence, your arugument is invalid.

As much as I agree that Warhammer has a clunky gameplay (yes, it's not more than 2 weeks ago I played it), I fail to see the resemblance between Swtor and Warhammer. In fact, I can't find anything they do have in common, besides the fact they're both an mmorpg.

I base my opinion around the fact I've played both games, jagoff. Not that I just beta tested one. Point is, I'm seeing all the same trends I saw in Mythic's class balance/approach to PvP repeated here, and I know where it ends.

But I am enjoying it now, thats the point. If tomorrow or two years from now I no longer enjoy it, I will find something else to play. Why so many people come on here to whinge is beyond me. It seemsto me that there are 3 'camps'.

If you like the game your a fanboi.

If you dislike the game your a troll.

If your bored off yer **** at work you post on these forums because you can't play the game your a muppet.

Guess which 'camp' I am in.

Have fun whatever you do, negativity and doom will give you rashs in weird places.

I base my opinion around the fact I've played both games, jagoff. Not that I just beta tested one. Point is, I'm seeing all the same trends I saw in Mythic's class balance/approach to PvP repeated here, and I know where it ends.

Aren't there like 2 servers left? And almost all those devs are here now. Scary thought. Hopefully lucas steps in

Edited by Liberate

If someone had warned me that the same devs from Mythic's Age of Warhammer were the ones handling our classes, I would have seriously reconsidered my decision to sub. There are just too many similarities between SWTOR and Warhammer...ridiculous class design, zerg warzones, a hypersensitive knee-jerk response time to little issues that will work themselves out when people L2P while ignoring the major issues, clunky abilities. Not to mention, lots of unwarranted hype (can anyone else remember how incredibly over-hyped Warhammer was, by that one big British bearded dude who was in all in the videos?)

Ahhh so your an OP player whose crying because you cant one shot anyone anymore. Thanks for playing, feel free to go back to world of roguecraft.

Ahhh so your an OP player whose crying because you cant one shot anyone anymore. Thanks for playing, feel free to go back to world of roguecraft.

Irony, considering you play a vanguard. Nothing like getting 50k defense and top of the leader boards like I did on my 25. And you have the nerve to say the OP plays an overpowered class? ROFL

I never met a class that can spec tank that could put out so much damage and be near unkillable at the same time.

And no, that Vanguard isn't my main.

Edited by Liberate

No need to be rude and call people names, just because they don't agree with you.

You cannot compare Swtor to Warhammer, when you only (by the sound of it) beta tested Warhammer. Doesn't matter if you can see the same trends and where the game is going. You still have no evidence of your facts.

No need to be rude and call people names, just because they don't agree with you.

You cannot compare Swtor to Warhammer, when you only (by the sound of it) beta tested Warhammer. Doesn't matter if you can see the same trends and where the game is going. You still have no evidence of your facts.

What part of the Warhammer developers are now on the TOR team is lost on you? It's well known fact that the main pvp guy, gabe is from warhammer.

Warhammer is barely holding on. When they basically praised their awesome PvP RVR. And now he's here, you really don't see the problem do you?

Edited by Liberate

Well aint that just the perfect solution to any problem. If something has issues just move on instead of pointing them out in hopes they get fixed. If there were more people like you cars would still be without seatbelts.

Dude, are you really comparing a video game (hobby) to somehing as important in RL as car safety ?

Really ?

:eek:

What part of the Warhammer developers are now on the TOR team is lost on you?

I'd like to see the evidence of it. With the amount of trolls on these boards, everyone can pop in and say stuff like that - and you believe it. Where's the evidence that back up the fact.

I could just as well sit down and say, that the American government is finacially supporting BioWare to make a game under their control. I got no evidence, but I said so, so therefor it must be true.

Did you after stop to think hmmm.... warhammer has 2 servers left open(from what I was told, could be wrong)

if the same devs from THAT game, are working on THIS game, that isn't an issue for you?

Think REAL hard about it

What killed warhammer wasn't the class imbalance. That was tolerable. What killed it was the fort sieges and city sieges. They were nothing like what people were hoping for or expecting.

I didn't call out any specific changes in my post, but it's interesting that in your own mind, you equate 'hypersensitive knee-jerk response time' to the recent OP changes.