Having Trouble with Item Mod Station?

jocool

Is anyone having trouble with the Item Modification Stations? I've submitted a ticket but haven't heard back and can't seem to find help in the Customer Service portion of the forums. In fact, where the heck do we submit bugs outside of the game? I think there should be a Bug Report category as well.

Anyway, for some reason when picking the Item Mod table and putting in a newly created Blaster Pistol the text is all messed up on the table and I can't add barrels to the item, the table doesn't even register as getting something because moving mods or the weapons themselves over there ask if I "want to destroy the item", like I'm throwing it away. Even when I look at my own rifle it shows the details but the window is dead because Cancel or Apply do not work, only closing it with the Windows "X" works. This is really messing me up to upgrade a weapon I made for my companion and nothing works.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

~J

Only Orange items or ones with an open socket are modifiable, and the the item modify stations serve no purpose except for the quest to go to one on your starter planet. There must have been a use for them in early beta, but they are pretty much useless now.

Long story short if you look at an item and it either doesn't already contain a mod, or have a slot listed as open, it's not modifiable.

That bug has been in the game since beta; it happens when you're looking at an unmodable item.

If you want mod an orange item just use Ctrl + Right Click. They're the only items you can mod; for some reason the mod stations let you select things you can't mod.

Is anyone having trouble with the Item Modification Stations? I've submitted a ticket but haven't heard back and can't seem to find help in the Customer Service portion of the forums. In fact, where the heck do we submit bugs outside of the game? I think there should be a Bug Report category as well.

Anyway, for some reason when picking the Item Mod table and putting in a newly created Blaster Pistol the text is all messed up on the table and I can't add barrels to the item, the table doesn't even register as getting something because moving mods or the weapons themselves over there ask if I "want to destroy the item", like I'm throwing it away. Even when I look at my own rifle it shows the details but the window is dead because Cancel or Apply do not work, only closing it with the Windows "X" works. This is really messing me up to upgrade a weapon I made for my companion and nothing works.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

~J

stopped reading after modification stations.

they are pointless, you can mod an item anywhere.

also, only orange is mod-able.

As stated the table is pointless, but there are some items that are not orange that are moddable:

1. critically crafted items that have an augment slot

2. some purple drops may have slotted mods, though not for the primary stat (barrel, hilt, armor)

3. Some companion gear shows as green but is fully moddable (this last one I consider a bug and they should show orange like other fully moddable items)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.