Too many Rich Yield: Companion Gift missions

xxFettxx

I thought that the missions were random, but I seem to get way too many Rich Yield: Companion gift missions. I just had 3 Rich Yield: Campanion mission Rank 6 in one log. I had my campanions do these mission hoping to get a rare Rich Yield: Gemstone Rank 6. Nope! Got 2 more Rich Yield: Companion Gift and some lesser campanion mission.

Why is Treasure Hunting wieghted towards Companino Gift missions!

I thought that the missions were random, but I seem to get way too many Rich Yield: Companion gift missions. I just had 3 Rich Yield: Campanion mission Rank 6 in one log. I had my campanions do these mission hoping to get a rare Rich Yield: Gemstone Rank 6. Nope! Got 2 more Rich Yield: Companion Gift and some lesser campanion mission.

Because Mission Crew Skills are intended to be even more efficient credit-sinks than the more standard Crafting Crew Skills and Gathering Crew Skills are. They serve this purpose admirably. The only downside to the current implementation is that some "players" actually notice the intended purpose and then feel compelled to point it out to others. I imagine they are working on a system that doesn't have that downside; we'll see if they manage to develop and implement it.

Containment measures are in place to limit the damage done by directing said "players" to post on the official forums or to submit in-game tickets to customer service where the attempt can be safely ignored without consequence.

Standard conditioning and expectation management ensure that the "player" continues contributing to EA/Bioware's expected income stream.

Oh! You mean from a players' perspective? Oops. My bad. :D

Edited by Sun-Runner

THAT and not enough Metals/Fabric missions even the very lowest yield ones

try crafting when you need to do 3 companion mission just to clear them cause you don't even have 1 metal to run, and when you do it's the very lowest one 80% of the time and ya gotta run it 3 time, if it even come back up

• 2 months later...

I got extremely lucky (not) the other night. I logged onto my UT main to get some mats for a lowbie synth alt and ALL 6 levels were nothing but companion gifts. There was absolutely nothing but companion gifts on my whole missions list.

Wish I had known about the load screen since I was sitting in the Corellia starport at the time when I logged back out.

Or you could just enter/exit your starship and your mission list will refresh and change.

Just a thought.

oh rly? why oh why I didn't notice this before. Comp gifts missions were driving me crazy!!!

Yay! A fun new mini game for crafters! Load Screen™ the game of chance. Don't like your selection of companion missions? Feel it's redonculously weighted towards useless companion gift missions or white border crew skill crafting materials? No problem! Just run to your ship and start up a fun game of Load Screen ™. Don't think of it as boring, think of it as kind of like a cassino, with a random chance that you'll get better mission options each time! What does it cost you ask? Why nothing! Well almost nothing, only your precious time on this earth, sitting at your computer, watching a load screen over and over again, instead of actually playing the game you paid to play. Remember to tell yourself as your alt tabbing out to look at pr0n or ESPN.com or something less pointless (where, thanks to the makers of Load Screen™, you get the added bonus of an entirely DIFFERENT load screen to look at for no good reason each time you try to tab back into the game), that this is FUN! Otherwise, you might forget, or start demanding they "fix" this "feature", or worse yet, become so engrossed in this weeks Tuesday Morning Quarterback article that you never tab back in, cause @#$% it, who's got the time? Edited by HumanPirhana

You are mistaking "random" for "even". A VERY common misunderstanding. Just because some event is random does not mean you will that event at even intervals. Over the long haul an evenness might show itself but no one person will probably ever recognize it without detailed record keeping.

As to the area changing/logout-login repopulating the missions, it's true. Further, be wary of starting another mission when another is about to end. One time I hesitated choosing a mission and another companion finished his. It did not spring the window (left the results as pending) but the list of missions was reset.

I have yet to see any underworld metal missions higher than abundant yield. i have been zoning in and out of my ship for awhile

I believe that the level of mission available depends on the level of your skill. And for some reason, Bio set rank 6 missions at a level that we can't get above abundant for most the tier 6 missions. the exceptions are the companion gifts (which seem to require a lower crafting level to get to the higher ranks of missions) and the rare (i.e. purchasable) missions, which are by nature wealthy.

Not sure why they did it that way...I've also noticed that companion gift missions seem to be cheaper then other missions of the equivalent tier. so the moral of the story is your highly unlikely to get a bountiful mission or above in tier 6 from the random queue unless its a companion mission or a purchased one.

Just one more reason to have slicing on an alt.

Yes forcing screen loads work. Yes its a horrible solution to a horrible implementation of a horrible idea.

I'm trying very hard to like this game, but it seems like the devs WANT us to hate it.

Honestly, when they realize what we're doing, and fix it, I'll unsub that very day. I'm trying to craft blues to learn a purple, and it's "companion gifts x5 + fabrics" ...ok, but I need metal. Artificing is even more fun - you finally do it get to "gemstones" but instead of the blue quality crafting stone, it comes back with orange or yellow color crystals.

Brilliant.

Forcing loading randomizes the missions list again but won't allow for more missions actually worth it.

With slicing, only 2 grade 6 lockboxes ever existed, with underworld trading there are 4 metal and probably the same amount of cloth missions, ONE of which being "abundant" (well... not that "abundant" if you ask me), gifts take the biggest part of the list and indeed have higher pretended return.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.