Is there any reason to play an Operative now?

Damukag

Whether or not we were OP in PvP before, we're going to be significantly UP for PvP and PvE after the nerf.

Concealment: Has no utility outside of the ability to kill high priority targets quickly. It can now no longer do that. This class has NO staying power once the opener wears off. They're as durable as a wet paper bag and once the person they're fighting turns around they've lost any ability to burst (no hidden strike, no backstabs, just shiv and lacerate). They have no knockback. They have no gap closer. And that's just PvP. In PvE they were already struggling to justify taking a spot over a ranged DPS or Marauder. Now it would be downright irresponsible for a raid leader to take one. The PvP burst damage nerf hits PvE operatives just as hard and without any sustained DPS buff to compensate, you're basically a gimped marauder that doesn't bring any of the buffs.

Medic: Sorcerers have better single target heals, better AoE heals, a better resource system, a better 'oh ****' management system, better utility, and better off-DPS. There is nothing Operatives can do that Sorcerers cannot do better except attempt to roll ****** HoTs that heal for less over 18 seconds than most Sorcerer direct heal spells do instantly. I say attempt to because the way Operation frames are set up now, tracking HoTs is nigh impossible and basically boils down to memorization and a lot of guess-clicking. There is no reason you wouldn't want a Sorcerer over a Medic for PvP or PvE.

Lethality: Why not play a sniper and do the same thing with slightly longer range? Ranged DPS has a huge advantage over melee so far in endgame PvE.

I'm really starting to regret my Operative main, at the moment. There's no spec left to fall back to. We are overshadowed in literally every area we might try.

Edited by Damukag

Speaking as a 50 DPS operative...

No, not really. I'm rerolling Sorc, the class that Bioware seems to love despite being broken as **** since beta. Then I can do great ranged, great healing, and just win everything with minimal effort instead of having to bother about things like 'cleverness' and 'positioning'.

I was geared through pretty considerable effort and outside of PvP I was only really good for flashpoints thanks to some mild offhealing and the ability to take on and take out single targets of importance. Operations? Forget it. Overall DPS? Just bring a merc or marauder.

The awkwardness of Operative sustained DPS, awkward healing, and its lack of gap closers and mobility (and the fact that against other 50s they're fairly well balanced-- or were)-- means that the class is simply subpar in every way. We're like a feeble hybrid of the marauder and sorc with none of the benefits of either.

I mad.

I wish that too, I just hate being in cover to get the most out of sniper, while the core mechanics are broken...

Sniper aren't that bad. Take time getting used too. The "take cover" where you roll around I hate it and find it buggy sometimes. So I just shift+f to "take cover" where im at. IMO seems faster than using the icon power.. and go lethality I find it very mobile unless you want to use series of shot and snipe.

When will this patch go live?

It seems fortunate that my credit card info a month ago was incorrectly put in and it refused the 6 month sub I had originally set up.

I re-subbed with only 30 day extension, thank god so when this ****** patch goes live I can /cancel.

I won't reroll a sorc or a merc to please Bioware.

I am actually just sitting here just wondering if its worth logging in a toon that will be totally borked when 1.1.1 goes live.

I had a feeling this was going to happen. I was having a great time with my op up to 40. Now debating weather to continue to 50. Just have fun, accept being a lesser class atm and hope for some balance in the future or re-roll something else.

In my past experience with another huge mmo there always seemed to be an op class and the tide changed now and again. (except for pallys who always seemed to be op in some way)

I want to play the best I can and be an asset to partys/raids but just how significant is the gap between operatives and other classes dps wise? If it's marginal then maybe I won't worry so much about it. If it's huge then maybe re-roll is whats up.

Lastly, do we really want to see planets full of the same class running around?

Edited by Oldpappy

I had a feeling this was going to happen. I was having a great time with my op up to 40. Now debating weather to continue to 50. Just have fun, accept being a lesser class atm and hope for some balance in the future or re-roll something else.

In my past experience with another huge mmo there always seemed to be an op class and the tide changed now and again. (except for pallys who always seemed to be op in some way)

I want to play the best I can and be an asset to partys/raids but just how significant is the gap between operatives and other classes dps wise? If it's marginal then maybe I won't worry so much about it. If it's huge then maybe re-roll is whats up.

Lastly, do we really want to see planets full of the same class running around?

No, we dont want to see a ton of the same class running around, but we might just have to. I love my OP, its the most fun class I have played. Warrior was horrible in PvE lvling (jugg), and merc (arsenal) was a pain, because it was just too easy.

I'm gonna ride the wave on my OP and focus on doing the full story.

This is why I'm SO glad I'm not a FOTM player. I'm SO glad I play my class solely based on what I find the most interesting instead of what's "the best" because playing like that ultimately just ends up with you being unhappy all the time and constantly frustrated.

I pity everyone who is rerolling and canceling over this. I really do.

This is why I'm SO glad I'm not a FOTM player. I'm SO glad I play my class solely based on what I find the most interesting instead of what's "the best" because playing like that ultimately just ends up with you being unhappy all the time and constantly frustrated.

except when I rolled a scoundrel, I wasnt overpowered, and i am still not OP, and We are not an FOTM, just wait litterally we are getting nerfed because of posts and complaints that were pre 1.1 patch when you could stack biochem/wz buff.

Give it another two weeks, and you class will be next. Nerf train wont ever stop.

Honestly I quit, not only because of this but I am not going to be around for 1.2 when BW/EA **** that up too.

Give it another two weeks, and you class will be next. Nerf train wont ever stop.

My class? You mean Operative? Cause that's my main...

I just prefer to stick to a class for the long term because I know in MMOs what goes around eventually comes back around, so picking my class based on what's considered OP or UP is just downright stupid. There's really no other way to put it. It's just a stupid thing to do.

Edited by Kurugi

Classes always get buffed/nerfed...usually the changes aren't as dramatic as people make them out to be. If you enjoy a class, then you have every reason in the world to keep playing it. I don't want to reroll and I'm not going to. And my guild couldn't care less. There's always someone playing the class that is considered UP that kicks the OP class's *** anyway.

Lethality in PvE is most likely going to be the way to go after the 20% arp nerf. Even though they decided to give it no love from the set bonuses (15% chance to crit on a pathetically weak attack [for lethality] is worthless, i'll take the 5 energy though).

In PvP...guess I'll have to wait and see, but we already filled a "team deathmatch" role in there,

except when I rolled a scoundrel, I wasnt overpowered, and i am still not OP, and We are not an FOTM, just wait litterally we are getting nerfed because of posts and complaints that were pre 1.1 patch when you could stack biochem/wz buff.

Honestly I quit, not only because of this but I am not going to be around for 1.2 when BW/EA **** that up too.

These complaints have been around since beta testing. Stop... Spreading... Misinformation!

Without regard to the original post, OPs should have been given the option to change ac with this patch, much like wow refunded talent points.

Lol.. advanced class should never be aloud to be changed.. much like 'WoW' you chose a class. Like any other MMO, you should not be able to change your class just because you don't like the choice you made all the way to lvl xx.

I wouldn't consider myself a FOTM player either. That said, I also don't enjoy playing with a hand tied behind my back. I'm not so skilled as to need to handicap myself just yet. I don't regret making my agent one bit, and I went in blind without knowing what the class would be like as I didn't play in beta. It was fun, and I'll keep playing so long as I'm having fun. If I'm not, I'll play a more capable that I also enjoy.

My initial impression of the notes is that the concealment spec will not be in a good spot after the nerf. I'm currently trying out medicine, but the varied ability range bothers me. I constantly find myself enjoying some aspects of it (like the HoTs), while being completely frustrated by others (4-10m range on all our utility when I want to be at range as a healer? What?) Lethality seems poorly thought out on the operative as well. Basically I'm saying that you shouldn't judge people for hopping the band wagon. It's a game, if people aren't having fun they should do something else so that they are having fun. Loyalty to team agent is kinda silly in a video game.

Yes.

Lethality is really good. I'm top 3 in dmg every war zone I play.

Also, Medic is still really good.

We lost our overpowered burst dps talents and are now moderate along the lines of a sentinel, maurder, guardian, and juggernaut. What's the problem? The only advanced classes who can do higher DPS than you now are Merc-Arsenel, Sorc-Rage, and their counterparts. So you moved from being ... #3 to ... a slightly weaker #3 in terms of burst dps?

When will this patch go live?

It seems fortunate that my credit card info a month ago was incorrectly put in and it refused the 6 month sub I had originally set up.

I re-subbed with only 30 day extension, thank god so when this ****** patch goes live I can /cancel.

I won't reroll a sorc or a merc to please Bioware.

I am actually just sitting here just wondering if its worth logging in a toon that will be totally borked when 1.1.1 goes live.

Cya... Any one who leaves over buffs/nerfs isnt worth jack... It happens.. Move on

I don't know. I usually default to defending the class because most perceived flaws are usually overblown by the person complaining.

However, I am seeing more and more "looking for ranged dps for hard modes" messages in /general.

Cya... Any one who leaves over buffs/nerfs isnt worth jack... It happens.. Move on

yeah man keep up the good fight, as you stand around unable to do nightmare mode operations cause your an OP after this nerf.

This is a stupid change that destroys Op's only pve spec as lethality is total garbage for any sort of serious pve.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.