Artificing and you! A crit craft for ownage

Deathismyname

Ok so I am a pvp and pve lover although more so a hardcore pvper that misses the type of open world pvp that lineage and ultima online provided especially being able to loot your victims body...but I digress. I took artificing for 2 reasons. First I remember that in WoW in the first 6 months of release the most powerful 2 hander was a craftable hammer that required you to go to hell and back in raids for all the components, not saying this game will for sure have something similar but my guess is eventually the most epic lightsabers will be crafter made. Crosses fingers for Revan's lightsaber recipe! Secondly I am a sentinel at around lvl 30 and with purple crit enhancements and saber crystals in my leggings, chest, and both sabers my crit % sits around 20% without any buffs (25% with lucky shot buff) and will only get higher once I get lvl appropriate gear. So statistically I crit about every 5th hit making me hit the 100-150k mark on wz regularly...without implants or stims. At lvl 30 I'm doing pretty good imo especially as a class that is considered the hard class to play with 20+ skills to manage and less hp than a shadow. Also my gloves, boots, helm, and wrist armor are all crappy lvl 17-25 blues. Yeah I need to get better ones but I've been running wz none stop for 3 days now and I will upgrade when I'm good and ready. Also with the time it takes to run arch/TH missions warzones provide me with almost endless credits so I can constantly run those missions considering some take 12-20 min to complete at grade 4. My point here and I guess I've veered off a bit is that artifice is great pre 50 for maxing your crit potential and landing those huge haymakers and is only going to get better. At 50 still remains to be seen with any new schematics that bw has promised to add and if my guess is right endgame raiders will be seeking weaponsmiths to put their otherwise useless mats together into powerful crafter made sabers and blasters, hang in there folks this game is still evolving. In the land of the blind biochems the one eyed artificer is king.

Yeah my bad should have broken that up a bit. But coming from a guy who has played 15+ mmorpg titles over the last 10 years everquest, horizons, everquest 2, guild wars, ultima online, rising force online, lineage 2, Heroes of Newerth, WoW, Vanguard, and the list goes on.... I have never wanted, needed, or even thought about needing unlimited anything or an "edge" over other players because I have skill and experience.

Player skill>class/profession don't kid yourself otherwise.

If you need the unlimited items granted by biochem for raiding or pvp, try an easier game I think star trek online is more your pace or better yet just map hack starcraft because you probably suck at that too. Artifice is useful as a craft and thats it, it's not the end all be all but weaponcrafting is always a solid choice in mmorpgs and will come into it's own in time.

I'm a long term thinker so swtor as it is now will only change completely as bioware starts to learn how mmo games work.

Biochem= easy mode for children who still wait for their parents to go to sleep to rub one out.

You miss the point entirely, as in you do not have a clue as to how things work in MMOs at all.

It is not the fact that something has potential to be great one day, later on, at some time or in the distant future. It is about right now.

Biochem gives you a constant benefit to your game play, regardless of skill level or what activity you are doing.

Free buffs, surges of dps/healing/tanking and restoration. No other craft currently offers even close to that versatility.

This is a design flaw. Ill dumb it down for you. Regardless of your ability in the game, no matter what you are doing, you will be a better player with biochem at your disposal.

This is a fact.

Edited by Notannos
rude

Hahaha, Nevenrial, that is easily the funniest thing I've read in long time. I can't seem to stop chuckling to my self.

Considering that post, I'm not sure why the guy right after you is so cranky :(

LOL "At lvl 30 I am doing pretty good IMO" he says

opinion is fine, but you are wrong. get to 50 first before you say things like this.

Biochem > all. What would you rather have; mediocre gear that is surpassed by hardmode drops, or minimum three extra skills that keep you alive longer (stim, medpac, adrenal or adrenals if you use more than one kind). Obvious choice is obvious

EDIT: Sorry, I went back and re-read the OP and laughed even harder - he says "Secondly I am a sentinel at around lvl 30 and with purple crit enhancements and saber crystals in my leggings, chest, and both sabers my crit % sits around 20% without any buffs (25% with lucky shot buff) and will only get higher once I get lvl appropriate gear. So statistically I crit about every 5th hit making me hit the 100-150k mark on wz regularly...without implants or stims."

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA at lvl 30? My guild has a fully T2 geared sniper that cranks out 420k average in WZ. He's got biochem alright. Your telling me the crit/power adrenals are less useful that your artificing? LOL when you get exploded in the 50 bracket by a burster. You'll wish you had the armor adrenal/medpac/end stim then!

I challenge you to name one thing in high end artificing that makes it worthwhile. ONE THING. The nifty coloured Saber crystals dont count since T1 and up gear doesnt have a slot for them and your lvl 50 PVP weapon is purple crystal anyway.

Edited by Hansuki

Well I understand people saying that all crafting is useless besides Biochem (and MAYBE Cybertech), I also can see where the original poster is coming from. He is willing to stick around and see how things shape up down the road.

I don't think it's necessary to be so rude and insulting. You have one opinion and others have another opinion. That's all this boils down to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.