After the nerf, what will an operatives roll be in huttball?

-Rinzler-

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do have utility. ITS CALLED BEING COMPLETELY INVISIBLE WHENEVER YOU WANT.

I'm a powertech and stealth is a joke. Stealth scan on a 15 second cooldown wrecks operatives in world pvp, alderaan and voidstar and it still is useful sometimes in huttball.

Not even gonna go into the fact that stealth isn't utility at all. Utility is something that helps you or the team beyond just doing damage or healing. Taunts, knockbacks, stuns, buffs, STEALTH SCAN, death grip, life grip, etc. Stealth does nothing for your team, it's not utility it's a gap closer for scrappers. You can't stealth past everyone on voidstar and take out the lone guard of the door then plant the bomb because a competent team will just have all their defenders at the actual door. There really aren't many opportunities for 'utility' stealth in this game's warzones.

You mean being invisible with our vanish every 2 minutes if talented or every 3 minutes basic. Sounds cool!

Stealth on the other hand requires us to be OUT OF COMBAT not WHENEVER WE WANT.

Just some facts.

An operatives role has always been a healer/teammate peel. Not a hey-look-I-can-destroy-a-tank-with-heals-and-buffs-and-other-****-with-the-ball-look-at-me-go-I'm-pro-I-should-Fraps-this role. Get teammates. Cry less.

This just in; MMOs are about group play.

--------------------

50 Concealment Op

My 15k Crit on a BM Jugg

An operatives role has always been a healer/teammate peel. Not a hey-look-I-can-destroy-a-tank-with-heals-and-buffs-and-other-****-with-the-ball-look-at-me-go-I'm-pro-I-should-Fraps-this role. Get teammates. Cry less.

This just in; MMOs are about group play.

--------------------

50 Concealment Op

My 15k Crit on a BM Jugg

If you are specced concealment, your heals are a joke. Interruptable and 2.5 second cast time and heal for an average of 2k.

****** healing, and now average peel.

Maruaders and assassins now peel jsut as well, and bring far more utility to a pvp team.

If they upped concealment specs healing so it actually mad ea difference in ANY fight, ide be fine with teh changes.

I love how eveyrone is ignoring the fact that just about ever other class in this game can INSTA KILL an OP by pushing/pulling/knocking them off bridge and into fire. You dont think that is OP? Jesus fckin christ....

Edited by -Rinzler-

If you are specced concealment, your heals are a joke. Interruptable and 2.5 second cast time and heal for an average of 2k.

****** healing, and now average peel.

Maruaders and assassins now peel jsut as well, and bring far more utility to a pvp team.

If they upped concealment specs healing so it actually mad ea difference in ANY fight, ide be fine with teh changes.

I love how eveyrone is ignoring the fact that just about ever other class in this game can INSTA KILL an OP by pushing/pulling/knocking them off bridge and into fire. You dont think that is OP? Jesus fckin christ....

I am a gunslinger. I have the same mobility except i can't stealth into position and there for people target me faster because i die easy.

My Utilty is one Limited AoE shield that only works from cover and cover is all kinds of broken at the moment so it is not reliable outside of PvE. Instead you can heal and through that help out in what ever situation or sneak away and heal your self and then go back in.

YOU have good DPS, Stealth and Heals. YOU Will be fine.

I am a gunslinger. I have the same mobility except i can't stealth into position and there for people target me faster because i die easy.

My Utilty is one Limited AoE shield that only works from cover and cover is all kinds of broken at the moment so it is not reliable outside of PvE. Instead you can heal and through that help out in what ever situation or sneak away and heal your self and then go back in.

YOU have good DPS, Stealth and Heals. YOU Will be fine.

Spoken like a man who is completely oblivious to how things actually work.

Here's another guy with no clue, yet more proof of if you whine enough on a forum you can potentially ruin a class. Let's start on sorcerer's next, OP shields that give them an effective 20k+ hp and being able to force sprint with the hutball and knock everyone off the platforms whilst rooting them.

Yeah....

See Operative at 50% health running behind a corner.

Chase him down, full health Sentinel.

Smack him once, get stunned, get bursted down like he was opening on me.

Operative resumes healing from 49% health.

Yeah, I used to think Operatives were fine and it was just the 50s beating lowbies that was the issue.

Clearly I was wrong.

See Operative at 50% health running behind a corner.

Chase him down, full health Sentinel.

Smack him once, get stunned, get bursted down like he was opening on me.

Operative resumes healing from 49% health.

Yeah, I used to think Operatives were fine and it was just the 50s beating lowbies that was the issue.

Clearly I was wrong.

Have you tried wearing equipment?

Bolster son, gear doesn't mean a thing.

No wonder you lost, you don't even understand how gearing interacts with bolster.

Anyway, our role in huttball was questionable to begin with given the layout of the terrain and our lack of knockbacks/speed/mobility. You could try to stealth to the opposite side for a pass up from the pit in front of the opposing goal, but that's done better by the assassin due to their superior mobility and knockback. Maybe you could try healing, but I haven't been at all impressed by operative healers, and the lack of dual spec takes a lot of motivation out of me trying it for myself. Honestly, we were never all that hot in a group situation, so maybe try to pick off stragglers? If you really are concerned with huttball you picked the wrong AC, even prior to the nerfs.

Here's another guy with no clue, yet more proof of if you whine enough on a forum you can potentially ruin a class. Let's start on sorcerer's next, OP shields that give them an effective 20k+ hp and being able to force sprint with the hutball and knock everyone off the platforms whilst rooting them.

Yeah....

Light armor, slow, snare, stun and theres a dead sorc. (shield is 3-4k talented which brings the sorc to 18k health).

Force sprint is a wopping 2 seconds, want to hear what counters that?

Stunning when they glow white, grappling them, force leaping to them, slows so when the force sprint is over, you catch up to them.

Is that really difficult? If you ever play a sorc youll realize just how squashable of a class it really is. Want to know how to beat a madness spec'd sorc? -interrupt force lightning and have your healer purge their death field dot. Most of them just stand there unaware of what to do next.

You also realize that theres more to PVP than huttball, right?

Operatives needed to be nerfed, it had nothing to do with "whining' as you put it because there was no counter to being 3 shot out of stealth by someone in blues. (yes, theres plenty of proof of this, go to youtube and search.)

All of the good pvpers will once again be challenged while the bads reroll to the next FoTM.

I suspect they will either be a less effective heal-bot than BH or god forbid, Sorceror, or try to stealth near the goal line for cheese passes. There isn't much else Concealment can do. You can actually hurt your team by making the 20k hp tank carrying the ball immune to all CC from your opener, which will now be critting for about 4k on a tank id you have Battlemaster gear. Failing that you can look for weak targets and try to gank them, but playing the objective will be like pulling teeth. Edited by CaptainInsano

No wonder you lost, you don't even understand how gearing interacts with bolster.

While I agree it's worrying to see someone claim that gear doesn't matter while making balance decisions, that doesn't mean that Ops don't need to be addressed.

While I agree it's worrying to see someone claim that gear doesn't matter while making balance decisions, that doesn't mean that Ops don't need to be addressed.

I concur, and I appreciate that no one likes to be stun locked. Unfortunately, most of my kills rely entirely upon burst. I'm fine with nerfs to CC and burst damage, but I fear that that is basically the end of concealment spec because damage is all it really does. We're worse at mobility, survivability, and most likely sustained dps when compared to assassins, so I question our role. Our other specs are also subpar and lack focus. Lethality doesn't seem like it's designed for our AC at all, and feels like it was just slapped on. Medicine is ok, but I feel that it doesn't work nearly as well as the other 2 healer ACs due to general lack of utility and poor range on what utility we do have. We won't know until after the patch I suppose.

Now they will be on equal ground with assassins burst, less sustained dps, and no utility.

Is there any reason to roll an operative over an assassin?

is there any reason to roll sentinel? Maybe operative just became like everybody else.

When we are bursting down folks from 17k to 0 in a short period of time....

A nerf of 20% to ONE ability isn't going to hurt our bust all that much.

With current gear that comes out to me losing 464 damage on a non crit.

On a crit the nerf takes about 1k damage.

As for huttball, do the one thing we are really good at now, stealth by their goal line and give the Guards/Juggs someone to leap to.

I love OPs complaining they are the "weaker version of assassins". People obviously have no clue.

Purely deception specked assassin is the worse version of Concealment OP - both in terms of damage and survivibility. The most "benefits" OPs claim assassins to have come from specking in other trees and at cost of damage.

Maybe OPs would eventually discover they have other benefits and utility, just as sins - by realizing they have 2 other skill trees which offer them healing and sustained DPS.

is there any reason to roll sentinel? Maybe operative just became like everybody else.

Their burst is outstanding. Specc'd healing tonight and they actually killed me more often than other operatives (though that might just be because I know what to expect from other ops, who knows?) They also have some great CDs and the charge skill can be a game winner in huttball. If you need more reasons, the sentinel forums might be a better spot to start, but if I were making a huttball team I'd definitely take a sentinel over an operative even without the upcoming nerfs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.