After the nerf, what will an operatives roll be in huttball?

-Rinzler-

To the person who says Marauders are the easiest class to kite/kill.. have you played against well geared Marauders? I have. My Trooper has 540+ expertise and it's a toss up if I'm gonna kill that marauder 1 on 1. They're damn near impossible to kite, with two possible gap closers, or by not noobishly opening up with force jump (whatever imperial equivalent is) they can instantly close the gap even if knocked off ledges.

They can soak up a LOT of damage by popping their different damage reduction abilities, while at the same time not sacrificing mobility or dps. This is all 1 on 1 mind you, if they have the slightest bit of help from other dps or a couple heals tossed their way... damn. I've consistently seen Marauders top damage charts or be in the top 3 at least, no stopping those damn snipers, so you must be playing against some really bad marauders or you're referring to pre-50 ones fighting against geared 50s.

Now to Operatives... it's been said many times in this thread but I'll say it again anway, you knew there was a nerf coming don't act all surprised and shocked now. No other class should be able to open from stealth and kill one geared player in 3-4 hits then be able to vanish in the middle of a group of enemies, rinse and repeat. It is OP you and I know it, you're just angry that you don't get to kill our healers (god knows Republic has very few of those) with impunity anymore. Oh how am I going to enjoy paying you back for all those ganks, hehe.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the problem here is that Operatives, all they EVER do is stunlock, gank, hide, that's it. Really there's a lot more variety to this class. They've got multiple ranged abilities (even though limited.) I'll randomly take people down to 50% from range when they're not paying attention, when it's a bit too hairy to try and rush in and gank somebody, possibly toss a few heals out, or DoT spam 5-6 different people.

This man speaks the truth heed his words. Your ranged attacks don't have any (HEY I'M GLOWING ORANGE HERE KILL ME) so use them. They're probably going, what? we can do ranged dps? wth I was just using my knife here to obliterate any target I chose, you mean I can shoot stuff from afar? WOW! neat.

Lol operatives will still do more damage than any other class.

20 percent of 7k = 2300

5k damage for an opener isnt the end of the world.

Hello person who's watched nothing but movies of Ops in full champ gear with PvP buffs opening on level 20s. My name is reality, and I kindly wish to inform you that 7k unbuffed openers do not happen, ever against any level 50 in equal gear. Actually, in champ gear and against someone in champ gear, a 4k unbuffed HS crit is considered a FANTASTIC opener unbuffed against any class. Heavy armor often gets far less than that, and Sorc bubbles can absorb 100% of that damage.

Ops in endgame PvP were never OP but the movies of amazingly geared 50 OPs with tons of +15% damage buffs fighting level 20s tricked the sheeple into having your point of view and complaining. It was also mostly those 20s who complained. Or people who had just dinged 50 in greens/blues who got rolled by a champ-geared Op with a pvp buff....as they would have got rolled against any class in full champ gear.

Edited by Mhak

Now they will be on equal ground with assassins burst, less sustained dps, and no utility.

Is there any reason to roll an operative over an assassin?

no reason to roll operative or scoundrel unless you plan on healing...

People who ***** bout our burst dps dont realize that's all we have.... we are supposed to knock you down and try to kill you soon because we are so SQUISHY! we can never take down same geared 2 people. I plan on whining about this just like the whiners who apparantly bioFAIL is planning on listening to.

551 expertise assassin tank full champ getting crit for 5400.

- 20% ............

OMG THE SKY IS FALLING I MIGHT HAVE TO THINK BEFORE I BLINDLY ATTACK SOMETHING NOW.

Im sure your class will be fine. If its not your crying will get it buffed back up before your tears dry.

EXACT SAME HERE!!!..

I'm a fully geared Tanksin pvp tank.. and OP's just rip thru me.. >_> lol

The problem is this.

Operatives think their role is this.

"Pop out of stealth and kill someone without anyone noticing, and then vanish. Wait for cooldowns and repeat."

Your role actually is:

"Pop out of stealth and lock an enemy down allowing your team to more easily complete its objectives"

You arent a ninja who gets to kill people before they realize they are dying. Thats overpowered.

Yes Halo thanks for defining the role as a I am sure operatives were confused about that up til now. I guess the operatives can leave the killing to whatever class you play. You have posted 4 replies here all generalizations with no #'s to back it up other than a made up 7k for operative openers. I guess in your world every operative has 100% crit rate with permanent adrenals and are all in Battlemaster gear. The game is more than the 3 ****** warzones bioware put in for pvp.

The problem is, burst dps is all we had. no utility.

If they wanna nerf our burst, give us jet packs or grappling hooks to pull people, so we at least have some other function in pvp matches.

Lol im a marauder. You have twice the amount of utility then marauders, and i dont complain. Get use to it. L2P

You can still hide behind something and heal while in combat, even if it isn't a great heal. Combat often doesn't break unless the other person is dead or something like 15 seconds go by. If people are coming for you during that duration YOU CAN HEAL. You can also toss mediocre heals to someone 30 yards away. Even if it is weak, that is still something no other melee or stealth class has.

To me the problem here is that Operatives, all they EVER do is stunlock, gank, hide, that's it. Really there's a lot more variety to this class. They've got multiple ranged abilities (even though limited.) I'll randomly take people down to 50% from range when they're not paying attention, when it's a bit too hairy to try and rush in and gank somebody, possibly toss a few heals out, or DoT spam 5-6 different people.

I'm sorry, but if you use a operative at range you are beyond fail. There are absolutely no talents that support ranged play on an OP, and the class is not designed to be played at 30m. I refuse to become a gimped sniper/gunslinger who is ****** at healing, ****** at burst, and ****** at ranged dps.

The problem is this.

Operatives think their role is this.

"Pop out of stealth and kill someone without anyone noticing, and then vanish. Wait for cooldowns and repeat."

Your role actually is:

"Pop out of stealth and lock an enemy down allowing your team to more easily complete its objectives"

You arent a ninja who gets to kill people before they realize they are dying. Thats overpowered.

Thanks. +10 rep.

This man speaks the truth heed his words. Your ranged attacks don't have any (HEY I'M GLOWING ORANGE HERE KILL ME) so use them. They're probably going, what? we can do ranged dps? wth I was just using my knife here to obliterate any target I chose, you mean I can shoot stuff from afar? WOW! neat.

That's a lot of ignorance showing from you right now.

Frag Grenade is 30m, so is Corrosive Grenade/Dart and Rifle Shot. What ranged DPS?

The abilities that can do actual damage with a blaster as 10m...10 METERS. Really?

That is not ranged DPS, I don't know what that half-mess is. 10m is a joke.

Add to the fact we need tactical advantage for the strongest one and uh, we get that from either a melee attack from stealth, a 4m melee attack or by healing, which will cost us about 1.8 seconds of time, giving the opponent more time to increase that 9m gap to about 13-14m. Now out of range for our blaster DPS as you like to put it.

Try playing the class first.

I'm sorry, but if you use a operative at range you are beyond fail. There are absolutely no talents that support ranged play on an OP, and the class is not designed to be played at 30m. I refuse to become a gimped sniper/gunslinger who is ****** at healing, ****** at burst, and ****** at ranged dps.

And this is why you were bad before the nerf and will be worse after the nerf. You're just another one of those Ops who stuck Hidden Strike on their bar and ignored everything else.

I can only imagine how many times you got someone to 5% health before your stun wore off, then ran around chasing them saying, "ZOMG ALL I DO IS GET KITED"

The abilities that can do actual damage with a blaster as 10m...10 METERS. Really?

That is not ranged DPS, I don't know what that half-mess is. 10m is a joke.

Add to the fact we need tactical advantage for the strongest one and uh, we get that from either a melee attack from stealth, a 4m melee attack or by healing, which will cost us about 1.8 seconds of time, giving the opponent more time to increase that 9m gap to about 13-14m. Now out of range for our blaster DPS as you like to put it.

Cool, you don't even read your own abilities. I bet if they didn't appear on your bar automatically when you train them, you wouldn't even have them there.

Edited by Bovinity

Now to Operatives... it's been said many times in this thread but I'll say it again anway, you knew there was a nerf coming don't act all surprised and shocked now. No other class should be able to open from stealth and kill one geared player in 3-4 hits then be able to vanish in the middle of a group of enemies, rinse and repeat. It is OP you and I know it, you're just angry that you don't get to kill our healers (god knows Republic has very few of those) with impunity anymore. Oh how am I going to enjoy paying you back for all those ganks, hehe.

This doesn't happen most of the time and to make the assumption it does is ridiclulous. When an operative is killing someone most players just dot them so they do not stay in stealth. Even if they do get the kill the group will kill the operative.

Most of the issues with the the massive hits occurred with expertise geared ops using both pvp and biochem adrenals to pump up their initial damage. Since the fix went in it's not quite as bad. Most good players can counter op/scoundrels & many classes including troopers, Sorcs, BH all can hit just as hard as the operative/scoundrel does.

It's too early in the games lifecycle to start nerfing classes based on pvp since its only part of the game. If they would have just removed/reduced the knockdown from jarring strike it would have solved a lot of the issues people were having w/o killing them in PVE. Post nerf I don't see how they will remain competitive in PVE raids. Why take a burst class with no burst and no sustained dps on a raid? Yes they have a healing tree but people who speced concealment don't want to play a healer just as BH's who went Merc and Pyro/arsenal don't want to heal either.

And this is why you were bad before the nerf and will be worse after the nerf. You're just another one of those Ops who stuck Hidden Strike on their bar and ignored everything else.

I can only imagine how many times you got someone to 5% health before your stun wore off, then ran around chasing them saying, "ZOMG ALL I DO IS GET KITED"

Cool, you don't even read your own abilities. I bet if they didn't appear on your bar automatically when you train them, you wouldn't even have them there.

What doesn't he understand....lethality is a 10 m range tree. only grenade and dart are 30 meters. our 31 point talent is a 10 m ability and Cull is also 10 m?

What doesn't he understand....lethality is a 10 m range tree. only grenade and dart are 30 meters. our 31 point talent is a 10 m ability and Cull is also 10 m?

Funny, you don't have Explosive Probe? Snipe? Do you guys even have a cover hotkey or button on your bar?

I know you'll follow this up with a, "lol those are sniper abilities, we don't use our guns!" or something equally silly, but when my wife as a healing spec Scoundrel can do several thousand points of burst to someone with a Probe/Snipe combo, I'm sure you can manage it.

Okay first of all I do just fine with my Lethality spec, however suggesting that we are good at 30m is abysmal.

How about you roll and Operative and tell me how great you are at 30m with burst and sustained DPS. Operative not SNIPER.

The 30m snare can provide time to close a gap unless the opponent uses force speed or is at a distance of 20m or greater. That means we cannot be snared in the process or we will never catch up to DPS. Seriously, your ignorance astounds me.

Weakening Blast (10m), Cull (10m + TA), Carbine Blast (10m + TA), those are great skills but 10m plus two need TA. I know my class and I know my spec. 30m is NOT an option for Operatives.

Funny, you don't have Explosive Probe? Snipe? Do you guys even have a cover hotkey or button on your bar?

I know you'll follow this up with a, "lol those are sniper abilities, we don't use our guns!" or something equally silly, but when my wife as a healing spec Scoundrel can do several thousand points of burst to someone with a Probe/Snipe combo, I'm sure you can manage it.

Notice you said healing spec. Healers can afford to stand still and cast heals, however with our DOT tree we can not just sit back and use snipe all day wasting energy. Snipe does not give TA, so we can't recover energy quickly without wasting our probe.

Look just because your wife wants to be a healer with support damage does not mean we all should play that role, on top of that we are STILL not great DPS at 30m.

Edited by Bastion-fox

Weakening Blast (10m), Cull (10m + TA), Carbine Blast (10m + TA), those are great skills but 10m plus two need TA. I know my class and I know my spec. 30m is NOT an option for Operatives.

Cool, I'll see you back here in a week whining that people keep getting away from you at 10% life after your initial Hidden Strike and how you can't hit anyone in Huttball because they're above/below you.

nope, unless u like a blaster. operatives will be useless in PVP & endgame raiding

No, they will be better in end game raiding because of the 30% armor pen passive. They will be worse in PVP by a lot, though. What role will they be? Pocket healers or ****.

Lol operatives will still do more damage than any other class.

20 percent of 7k = 2300

5k damage for an opener isnt the end of the world.

I would flat out kill for a 5k opener as an Assasin, hell I would kill for an opener for 3k lol. All I ever see is 2.2k at most, rarely do I crit for 3k on anything and this is with 507 Expertise and 15% consumable.

The problem is, burst dps is all we had. no utility.

If they wanna nerf our burst, give us jet packs or grappling hooks to pull people, so we at least have some other function in pvp matches.

You do have utility. ITS CALLED BEING COMPLETELY INVISIBLE WHENEVER YOU WANT.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.