After the nerf, what will an operatives roll be in huttball?

-Rinzler-

Lol operatives will still do more damage than any other class.

20 percent of 7k = 2300

5k damage for an opener isnt the end of the world.

wait - you go on to say

Good, you are a burst dps class, you dont get sustained dps.

I dont get the problem here.

So which is it, opener for 5k followed by "you dont get sustained dps." so how do they kill people ? Many classes crit over 5k now, hell some classes have instant short CD ~AoE abilities criting for well over 5k to multiple targets.

How do you have no utility, you are a healing class.

w...t...f

Oh dear, seriously ? Way to destroy any credibility you.... oh you didn't have any, feel free to continue....

No.

First off Bounty hunters and Sorcerors can heal through two people attacking them. At that point they arent healing there team who get wrecked. Thats good pvp design and good teamwork.

2v1 which you admit will not kill that player, so the BH/Sorc's team have a numerical advantage in the other fight taking place - so how exactly are they getting wrecked ?

Second, Marauders suck in pvp. Its laughable that you would name them as overpowered. Post nerf your class will still outdps a marauder if you play it right.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Mar's are pretty much the best damage dealing class in the game, with great utility - and how would a OP that you have already said does not have (or deserve) sustained DPS go on to out DPS the MAR in this topsy turvy mess of a fantasy world you are living in ?

Third, when

oh this should be fun.....

you are restricted into a pre defined class role, you cannot expect bioware to make your class capable of beating all other classes.

Role - Stealth class with stacked up front brutal damage, now stealth class with average upfront damage and as you already said - no sustained DPs - so what exactly is their defined role ? To look pretty ?

Its paper rock scissors.

Your job is to kill the squishys on the other team, not to periodically one shot everyone while they fight each other.

One shot ? You must be talking about people with hardly any/low health - in which case any class can one shot someone - or are you suggesting that they can one shot people at full health ? One is a lie, the other all classes can do, so either way totally relevant.

Just out of interest - who are these squishies - are we talking about the class with the knockbacks with attached slows and stuns ? I am sure the OPs will have a great time killing them now their opening stun only last 1.5 seconds

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not everyone wants to be a healer, otherwise thats what they would have rolled. Scoundrel Scrappers / opperative (not sure of tree) will be laughable in PVP & Endgame Raids. My trooper will never be killed 1 on 1 by them now. Maybe if im already down 50% of my health when they hit me with shoot first. But after their opener nothing they have scares anyone now that their openers stun was cut in half and armor reduction was nerfed. You wont even need ur cc breaker if you start at full health. Just wait till u pop up use rakata medpac unload on them

LOL an operative pretending to be a trooper funny

wait - you go on to say

So which is it, opener for 5k followed by "you dont get sustained dps." so how do they kill people ? Many classes crit over 5k now, hell some classes have instant short CD ~AoE abilities criting for well over 5k to multiple targets.

Oh dear, seriously ? Way to destroy any credibility you.... oh you didn't have any, feel free to continue....

2v1 which you admit will not kill that player, so the BH/Sorc's team have a numerical advantage in the other fight taking place - so how exactly are they getting wrecked ?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Mar's are pretty much the best damage dealing class in the game, with great utility - and how would a OP that you have already said does not have (or deserve) sustained DPS go on to out DPS the MAR in this topsy turvy mess of a fantasy world you are living in ?

oh this should be fun.....

Role - Stealth class with stacked up front brutal damage, now stealth class with average upfront damage and as you already said - no sustained DPs - so what exactly is their defined role ? To look pretty ?

One shot ? You must be talking about people with hardly any/low health - in which case any class can one shot someone - or are you suggesting that they can one shot people at full health ? One is a lie, the other all classes can do, so either way totally relevant.

Just out of interest - who are these squishies - are we talking about the class with the knockbacks with attached slows and stuns ? I am sure the OPs will have a great time killing them now their opening stun only last 1.5 seconds

You seem to think the only one of your attacks that counts as burst is your opener.

You were never supposed to do all of your damage (more than anyone else) with one attack.

The entire concept of a character that crits for 7 while freezing someone in an animation cc in which they are also 100 percent vulnerable to whomever else is looking is just laughable.

I cant understand how anyone thinks a class should be designed to just walk around killing people before they can fight back and defend it by saying they are too bad to fight anyone who isnt cced.

The problem is, burst dps is all we had. no utility.

If they wanna nerf our burst, give us jet packs or grappling hooks to pull people, so we at least have some other function in pvp matches.

Why not suggest some new way you could gain utility. No class should have overpowered burst dps, it's impossible to heal in a PvP situation.

Edited by Ewgal

Ops will have to develop some actual skill, as opposed to considering rolling their face from left to right across their keyboard and claiming that to be skill.

Most, however, will likely reroll. I'm guessing we'll see an increase in Powertech/Vanguard now.

lolz. I'm wondering how many people else are sitting there, reading the forums, eating popcorn and laughing their *** off - is it only me?

I'm playing operative (BM-Tier) and the first time i've noticed the server pop consisting mainly out of sorcs, it became clear to me that operatives or any other underplayed class will be nerfed to calm down the masses for being facemelted. So, what's the problem here? It was predictable.

It's rather frustrating to see how people fight each other on the forums, trying to reason or throwing numbers at each other while they are simply being played by corporate policies.

Try to apply common sense: a multimillion game, and you are telling me, that they needed months or the whole development time to 'realize', that a skill has to be turned down by 50% along with other things? Its pure math and in the end they created the game and its mechanics knowing what they're doing. It's a logical fallacy to assume, that you need statistics or time parsed data to proof "1+1=2".

The only thing which is going on here is: they are nerfing imperial agents, because alot of people are too dumb to counter it, thus enranging all the operative players. What comes next is: they will reduce the nerf to calm the ops and everyone will think they've 'won'. Sorcs will think: yeah finally nerf and ops will be like 'well, the nerf isn't too much'.

Well played - but thats business. Nothing to with game balancing or whatever.

Edit: I've stopped playing my sorc (lvl 50, champ), simply because i was ashamed of winning and not having any real competition besides other sorcs. I was literally laughing at operatives critting me for 5-6k but the second i got up from the stun either kiting them to death, outhealing or forcing them to retreat. That was the point when i though 'ok, it seems hard to take down well/same geared and good players with an operative, so i'll roll one, too because i like the challange'

After hitting 50 with my op (concealment) and having decent gear i realized that my only utility was stealth and the effect of surprise, effectively relying only on high burst damage (contra the DoT-tree, which the operative can also utilize). The result was the same: people with 13k hp crying rivers (especially juggernauts / sorcs) while high tier tanks with >20k hp still pretty much ignoring me.

Don't forget: this is a casual and mostly story driven game and you can't use the words 'competitiveness', 'PvP' or 'balance' in one sentence. If you want that in an mmo, then go and play Guild Wars ranked matches or wait for GW2.

Edited by qIrwuMfh

lolz. I'm wondering how many people else are sitting there, reading the forums, eating popcorn and laughing their *** off - is it only me?

I'm playing operative (BM-Tier) and the first time i've noticed the server pop consisting mainly out of sorcs, it became clear to me that operatives or any other underplayed class will be nerfed to calm down the masses for being facemelted. So, what's the problem here? It was predictable.

It's rather frustrating to see how people fight each other on the forums, trying to reason or throwing numbers at each other while they are simply being played by corporate policies.

Try to apply common sense: a multimillion game, and you are telling me, that they needed months or the whole development time to 'realize', that a skill has to be turned down by 50% along with other things? Its pure math and in the end they created the game and its mechanics knowing what they're doing. It's a logical fallacy to assume, that you need statistics or time parsed data to proof "1+1=2".

The only thing which is going on here is: they are nerfing imperial agents, because alot of people are too dumb to counter it, thus enranging all the operative players. What comes next is: they will reduce the nerf to calm the ops and everyone will think they've 'won'. Sorcs will think: yeah finally nerf and ops will be like 'well, the nerf isn't too much'.

Edit: I've stopped playing my sorc (lvl 50, champ), simply because i was ashamed of winning and not having any real competition besides other sorcs. I was literally laughing at operatives critting me for 5-6k but the second i got up from the stun either kiting them to death, outhealing or forcing them to retreat. That was the point when i though 'ok, it seems hard to take down well/same geared and good players with an operative, so i'll roll one, too because i like the challange'

After hitting 50 with my op (concealment) and having decent gear i realized that my only utility was stealth and the effect of surprise, effectively relying only on high burst damage (contra the DoT-tree, which the operative can also utilize). The result was the same: people with 13k hp crying rivers (especially juggernauts / sorcs) while high tier tanks with >20k hp still pretty much ignoring me.

Don't forget: this is a casual and mostly story driven game and you can't use the words 'competitiveness', 'PvP' or 'balance' in one sentence. If you want that in an mmo, then go and play Guild Wars ranked matches or wait for GW2.

Meh, still sad though. I really thought bioware would be different, and pull it off, making it competitive balanced while also throwing a unique story to it. Guess i was expecting too much.

Edited by Queketh

This has convinced me that if you put money on a desk and stare at it, it will magically become a video game.

Look, Operatives can go heal spec.... Assasins can not.... What other reason do u need to roll one or the other??? OP's were way too OP and everyone knows it...[/Q

assasins can tank braintrust your argument is pointless they bothe have a non dps tree

Look, Operatives can go heal spec.... Assasins can not.... What other reason do u need to roll one or the other??? OP's were way too OP and everyone knows it...[/Q

assasins can tank braintrust your argument is pointless they bothe have a non dps tree

What good does being able to tank do for a stealth assassin in pvp?

Meanwhile concealment operative can vanish around a corner and heal himself.

Its not hard to grasp.

What good does being able to tank do for a stealth assassin in pvp?

Meanwhile concealment operative can vanish around a corner and heal himself.

Its not hard to grasp.

Yep, that operative is going to spend his entire energy pool over 10 seconds to heal himself for ~9k and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Edited by steinsgate

obviously u didnt read the nerfs. its just not 20% damage they are losing. they lose half their KO stun and another 20% on armor reduction which seriously gimps their sustained dps after burst

You realize your energy regens faster when above 60% never drop under 60% and you have sustained DPS you make your DPS suck by burning it down to 0

>Implying healing (subpar) and damage (now subpar) are both utility

You must be new here.

You can still hide behind something and heal while in combat, even if it isn't a great heal. Combat often doesn't break unless the other person is dead or something like 15 seconds go by. If people are coming for you during that duration YOU CAN HEAL. You can also toss mediocre heals to someone 30 yards away. Even if it is weak, that is still something no other melee or stealth class has.

To me the problem here is that Operatives, all they EVER do is stunlock, gank, hide, that's it. Really there's a lot more variety to this class. They've got multiple ranged abilities (even though limited.) I'll randomly take people down to 50% from range when they're not paying attention, when it's a bit too hairy to try and rush in and gank somebody, possibly toss a few heals out, or DoT spam 5-6 different people.

Edited by savionen

Marauder is the most kite-able class in the game.

I know this was on page 3 but I had to quote this just because of how stupid this is.

Bioware, these are the types of idiots you listened to when when you decided it was a good idea to consider these nerfs to operatives.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.