After the nerf, what will an operatives roll be in huttball?

-Rinzler-

To answer the original question: assist train enemy ball carrier, chip away solo kills & get throw off ledges/into fire, same as you're doing now.

The only difference is scrubs take a second longer to kill and the hard fights got harder without dealing with the fact that you are the most kiteable class in the game.

Marauder is the most kite-able class in the game.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

First off Bounty hunters and Sorcerors can heal through two people attacking them. At that point they arent healing there team who get wrecked. Thats good pvp design and good teamwork.

Second, Marauders suck in pvp. Its laughable that you would name them as overpowered. Post nerf your class will still outdps a marauder if you play it right.

Third, when you are restricted into a pre defined class role, you cannot expect bioware to make your class capable of beating all other classes.

Its paper rock scissors.

Your job is to kill the squishys on the other team, not to periodically one shot everyone while they fight each other.

no marauders dont suck in pvp. those who know how to play steamroll through people. just cause you suck as a marauder doesn't mean they all do.

Look, Operatives can go heal spec.... Assasins can not.... What other reason do u need to roll one or the other??? OP's were way too OP and everyone knows it...

Assassin can go tank spec, Operatives can not. What was your point?

The nerf was necessary- their role will be the same as before. Maybe now it might take some skill to get a kill, unlike before.

This is the problem. No, it will not. The same people that got rolled will still get rolled.

It just made our hard/impossible fights that much worse.

Look, Operatives can go heal spec.... Assasins can not.... What other reason do u need to roll one or the other??? OP's were way too OP and everyone knows it...

not everyone wants to be a healer, otherwise thats what they would have rolled. Scoundrel Scrappers / opperative (not sure of tree) will be laughable in PVP & Endgame Raids. My trooper will never be killed 1 on 1 by them now. Maybe if im already down 50% of my health when they hit me with shoot first. But after their opener nothing they have scares anyone now that their openers stun was cut in half and armor reduction was nerfed. You wont even need ur cc breaker if you start at full health. Just wait till u pop up use rakata medpac unload on them

im a marauder in allmost full bm gear and i do feel over powerd im able to kill 3 50's on my own

but then u get the guys in same gear and the yare a good challange

just coss the warzones are lvl 50 only now it dosent mean those lvl 50's are any stronger or beter than a lvl 40

hell i seen lvl 25's play beter than most 50s

and tbh i dident hav a problem with operatives they were just a good challange

dont get me wrong if thers 2+ running round in stelth u was f***ked

i think the opener needed a nerf but the rest should of been left alone

this is just liek rift and the nerf on teh rouge you will get constantly nerfed untill teh cry babys stop crying eventually get gear (mayb teh resson they made valor faster to get now so the noobs can start opening bm faster and less crying )

its just a shame peopel get punished so bad wen its obv mostly a gear inbalance

im a marauder in allmost full bm gear and i do feel over powerd im able to kill 3 50's on my own

but then u get the guys in same gear and the yare a good challange

just coss the warzones are lvl 50 only now it dosent mean those lvl 50's are any stronger or beter than a lvl 40

hell i seen lvl 25's play beter than most 50s

and tbh i dident hav a problem with operatives they were just a good challange

dont get me wrong if thers 2+ running round in stelth u was f***ked

i think the opener needed a nerf but the rest should of been left alone

this is just liek rift and the nerf on teh rouge you will get constantly nerfed untill teh cry babys stop crying eventually get gear (mayb teh resson they made valor faster to get now so the noobs can start opening bm faster and less crying )

its just a shame peopel get punished so bad wen its obv mostly a gear inbalance

Your marauder isnt overpowered. Your expertise is.

If you're an operative who didn't see this coming, you're pretty effing blind.

(post 1.1)My buddy who just hit 50 and is in crap gear is able to open for 4k and then hit two more times for 3-4k each while the person is still on the ground. You're looking at an opener between 8-12k depending on crit factor before someone can do something about you. (and keep in mind, that's terribly geared.)

Yes. That is a clear sign that the class needs to be looked at, especially when the opponent is in 400+ expertise gear.

Also, if you've played a Rogue in Wow, you should be used to this kind of nerf bat by now. The key is to adjust and figure out how to actually play the class instead of hitting 3 I win buttons in 6 seconds. Nerfs happen, L2P better because of them.

The problem is, burst dps is all we had. no utility.

If they wanna nerf our burst, give us jet packs or grappling hooks to pull people, so we at least have some other function in pvp matches.

problem with this is : you still have that burst and will still hit for loads of damage , just not so hard people will die before they even see you come out of stealth.

you all knew it was over the top and you all knew a nerf was comming.

Your marauder isnt overpowered. Your expertise is.

There a SO many craptastic marauders that the few players that really shine at the class are overlooked, if you're an extremely skillful player, marauder/sentinel is the class for you, you'll never be nerfed.

on topic...

OP/scoundrel way over nerfed. The opener was the problem. Hitting their already lacking sustained DPS is going too far. I'm fine with them being nerfed as I do like to solo queue from time to time, but queueing in numbers with competent players, they are far too easy to neutralize as it stands.

Guard. Taunt. Ranged Pull. Snare. Stun. Knockback. Knockdown. DoT. Ground based aoe to cover restealth.

Thats just what my class can do to help a friend who gets jumped. What can yours do to help "gasp" somebody else?

I realize, WAH he killed me 1v1, and its happened to me too. But when's the last time you used one of the above listed things on an operative who just jumped the random pug stranger beside you?

When I pop out of stealth on my shadow TANK (lol) on somebody, rarely will the guy beside him even turn to help... and this isn't the problem its the ops.

Over nerfed.

P.S. I hope you're next sorcs ;)

Says the assassin who can spec into darkness. Please delete your character and go away.

There a SO many craptastic marauders that the few players that really shine at the class are overlooked, if you're an extremely skillful player, marauder/sentinel is the class for you, you'll never be nerfed.

on topic...

OP/scoundrel way over nerfed. The opener was the problem. Hitting their already lacking sustained DPS is going too far. I'm fine with them being nerfed as I do like to solo queue from time to time, but queueing in numbers with competent players, they are far too easy to neutralize as it stands.

Guard. Taunt. Ranged Pull. Snare. Stun. Knockback. Knockdown. DoT. Ground based aoe to cover restealth.

Thats just what my class can do to help a friend who gets jumped. What can yours do to help "gasp" somebody else?

I realize, WAH he killed me 1v1, and its happened to me too. But when's the last time you used one of the above listed things on an operative who just jumped the random pug stranger beside you?

When I pop out of stealth on my shadow TANK (lol) on somebody, rarely will the guy beside him even turn to help... and this isn't the problem its the ops.

Over nerfed.

P.S. I hope you're next sorcs ;)

Anyone who chooses to go for a class / spec with pure DPS and less utility has done so of their own free will.

If you don't think that your playstyle matches the playstyle of the class, then play a different class.

Nerf Hidden Strike with aprox 10% and remove Jarring Strike, add another 3 sec stun opener that doesnt do any damage that can apply Acid Blade.

Open with hidden strike on a immuned player just because you dont have any other choice is kinda boring gameplay.

Kinda like Cheap shot and Ambush for rogues, and i believe Assassins have the same choices if im not mistaken.

Just my 2 cents.

Apologize for any spelling mistakes as English is my second language.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.