Question about Galactic Trading Network

Thenofen

I'm sure this has been asked/answered, so forgive if so.

I have two quick questions about the GTN for the Dev team.

1) M-W.com says: ga·lac·tic adj \gə-ˈlak-tik\ - of or relating to a galaxy,

So wouldn't that definition automatically imply that it is a trading network for all factions in the known galaxy? Or if you insisted on keeping them separate, wouldn't 'Republic Trading Network' and (I assume, I do not have an Empire character) 'Empire Trading Network'?

2) and secondly, if it truly were "Galactic" or "Republic" or whichever, how come it can only be accessed at the Republic fleet (that I know of)? Should every planet's Market area (in that faction) have a trading network terminal access point? sorry Dev Team guys, that one makes no sense to me

on to a different subject,

Why is it that my compadres can board my ship and access THEIR cargo holds by clicking on mine, but I cannot send or receive a simple email with my comm system?!?!? that is one mystical cargo cabinet, kind of like that cabinet in Hogwart's eh? Lets get some mail access in our ship please please please

& while we are talking ships

1) my ears are BLEEDING from listening to C2-N2, OMG please give us a way to discombobulate the commentary in the ship area by companions

2) I can wear unique clothes, my companions can (sort of) have unique appearances, pleeeeeeeease let us decorate our ship exterior, I'm thinking spongebob on the bow.....errrr I meant shark teeth, yeah that's it, shark teeth

thanks for listening to the rant

toodles

Frask

I'm sure this has been asked/answered, so forgive if so.

I have two quick questions about the GTN for the Dev team.

1) M-W.com says: ga·lac·tic adj \gə-ˈlak-tik\ - of or relating to a galaxy,

So wouldn't that definition automatically imply that it is a trading network for all factions in the known galaxy? Or if you insisted on keeping them separate, wouldn't 'Republic Trading Network' and (I assume, I do not have an Empire character) 'Empire Trading Network'?

2) and secondly, if it truly were "Galactic" or "Republic" or whichever, how come it can only be accessed at the Republic fleet (that I know of)? Should every planet's Market area (in that faction) have a trading network terminal access point? sorry Dev Team guys, that one makes no sense to me

It is still "Galactic" - the Republic GTN is accessible on any Republic Planet in the Galaxy that has a GTN terminal. The same goes for the Imperial GTN. As well, the same applies to the neutral GTN controlled by the Hutt Cartel, which is based on Nar Shaddaa. I am guessing, when more neutral planets are added, they will also provide access to the Hutt Cartel's GTN.

I do agree however on the topic of sending and receiving mail on one's ship and the external customization of our ships. These two things are something I too would love.

Edited by Zebular

You can't get the mail on your ship because the mail guy isn't in your party or the same class as you are. He can't get into your hanger.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Beside I'm ok with not running to a spaceport, to my hanger and loading the interior of my ship to check my mail. There's one right here on the planet/station I'm at right now.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Beside I'm ok with not running to a spaceport, to my hanger and loading the interior of my ship to check my mail. There's one right here on the planet/station I'm at right now.

Weird, I'm not ok with running to a spaceport, from my hangar, from my ship (with load screen) to check my mail.

Oh, you were trolling. My apologies.

Cake is a lie; there is only pie.

I think the lore excuse for the GTN is that it was once galactic but with the outbreak of war it was fractured into 3 separate entities the rep the imp and the hutt.

Everything else I agree with, decorating inside and outside of ships, having other people on board and mail would be awesome. (or maybe you can have other classes on board, not sure.)

Good post really.

It is still "Galactic" - the Republic GTN is accessible on any Republic Planet in the Galaxy that has a GTN terminal. The same goes for the Imperial GTN. As well, the same applies to the neutral GTN controlled by the Hutt Cartel, which is based on Nar Shaddaa. I am guessing, when more neutral planets are added, they will also provide access to the Hutt Cartel's GTN.

"the Republic GTN is accessible on any Republic Planet in the Galaxy that has a GTN terminal"

this is the point I was trying to communicate, that to be a truly Galactic Trading Network, every member planet of that particular faction should have a GTN terminal in / near it's Marketplace IMHO :D

Peace

Frask

Speaking from a Republic perspective, I would think Tython should have a GTN terminal, but for most other worlds it just doesn't make sense:

- Ord Mantell is in the middle of a civil war

- Taris is still mostly demolished

- Tattoine is a "possible", but it's a sparsely populated dustball

- Nar Shadda is on the Hutt network, and the Hutts don't like competition

- Balmorra is still a battleground, the storyline involves trying to free it

- same with Corellia, since it was kind of "sold" to the Empire by the ruling council

- Alderaan seceeded from the Republic, but could still have GTN access

- Hoth is just a frozen wasteland

- Belsavis is supposed to be a secret prison

- Voss is another "possible", in fact the "alien district" neutral zone is probably the best spot for having terminals of both or all 3 networks.

The point is, the worlds that we see are largely those that are in conflict -- there will be many worlds on both sides (all sides) that are entirely quiet and quite boring.

I do agree with having a post box on your ship though, because most of the time you're actually docked at a station or on a planet.

Edited by Ancaglon

Everything else I agree with, decorating inside and outside of ships, having other people on board and mail would be awesome. (or maybe you can have other classes on board, not sure.)

Good post really.

I'm fairly certain you can have other people on your ship, except the same class as you. At least I had myself, Imperial Agent, and my boyfriend, Bounty Hunter, on my ship.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.