Perfect Idea to solve Illum

Fantastix

make center area captureable..

tha faction that captures the center will be displayed on the minimap

player who stay in the middle whle controlling that area will gain objectve points every 30 seconds... you would need to hold the mid area for about 15 minutes to complete the daily

killing enemy players still grants 1 objective point

this way you force an attack/defense scenario..

once people get their daily done they d leave illum... the other faction will use that moment to attack and eventually overrun the center to capture it...

for players who log in at a bad time, still have the chance to complete the daily..

the underdog faction now instead of getting farmed 24/7 at least can organize themself and wait for a percet moment (e.g. when empire player are getting less) to start a controlled attack to capture mid..

still the population imbalancement is not solved with this.. but this is the best solution i ve thought so far... at least far better than that stupid zerg vs zerg grindfest...

since granting buffs to underdogs is a NO GO, because we all saw how worse burst can get in this game... you dont really want a warrior jump into your group and then smash the entire group to death, because of +% dmg buff right?

*)

i d suggest the center area spawning enemy elite npcs for every player (or every2, this is a balanc question) there is at a given time rate.... this way attacking force will have better chance of capturing...

**) Better Solution than *)

Count the amount of players of BOTH factions in Illum...

IF the Faction with MORE players than the other (mostly empire) CONTROLLS mid area, grant the LOSING FACTION a stacking buff for every 30 seconds (or more/less, balancing issue)... that losing faction may use those buffs to call Elite mobs to spawn in the mid area for every stack of buff

Edited by Fantastix

So, basically your idea is that the imps get to idle for 15 minutes a day and the republic has to fight tooth and nail to complete it, because even with cycling out players there's still a 3:1 or 4:1 disparity?

Cool idea, bro.

The "plan to fix Ilum" is already in place. Republic players just don't go. Eventually the Imperial whining will reach the point where they have to do something to fix it. The "waaah, there's no one on Ilum anymore cause we made our bed and now we have to lie in it" threads have already started.

Here's the only way Ilum will ever get fixed and work as a world PVP zone:

Some of the billion Imps reroll and join the pittance of Republic Players.

There, fixed..

Edited by AtmaTheWanderer

So, basically your idea is that the imps get to idle for 15 minutes a day and the republic has to fight tooth and nail to complete it, because even with cycling out players there's still a 3:1 or 4:1 disparity?

Cool idea, bro.

The "plan to fix Ilum" is already in place. Republic players just don't go. Eventually the Imperial whining will reach the point where they have to do something to fix it. The "waaah, there's no one on Ilum anymore cause we made our bed and now we have to lie in it" threads have already started.

There, fixed.

read the ** part .. how bout you stop QQing and start thinking to help solving that situation?

Since what Ilum is now is awful, it would just be better if the Empire was declared the Victor on Ilum, the Republic PvE quests were relocated to a hastily designed moon (perhaps a moon of Ilum), given some re-texted changes (so that Republic isn't shafted on level 50 dailies).

I would imagine if Bioware did something so drastic (at least a humorous way of acknowledging Ilum was a failure), they'd garner a bit of respect for admitting their mistake.

I only half-heartedly suggest this, because there'd need to be a mostly designed planet in their offices they could relatively (in MMO time) quickly develop into a completely different World PvP area, but with the faction imbalance on the majority of servers, I can't honestly see Ilum being any good for many, many months as they work on changes.

And in the end, if it's pop capped, it's really not open world - it's just a warzone that doesn't end when one side has too few players.

I'm sure this would never happen, as the combination of factors to allow such a thing are so incredibly unlikely to exist (a nearly finished planet that could quickly be converted to a workable open world pvp area in a game with such a huge faction imbalance, as well as Bioware's entirely understandable, however frustrating, reluctance to flat-out admit they royally screwed up.

But if a developer had the balls to basically come out and say "man, we REALLY effed this up so bad it's unrecoverable, so we're just going to have a sense of humor about it and completely change our future plans for open world PvP, add a few dailies for Empire in the destroyed Republic areas, and come up with a workable alternative" and actually pulled it off in a reasonable timeframe, I bet the PR Bioware would receive would be, on the whole, positive, in the long run.

More importantly they'd have to stay in constant communication with the player base. I was shocked at how little was said about Ilum by devs during the first few days of 1.1 in any sort of frank and candid manner. But when you make a mistake, and EVERYBODY sees it and points it out (even ahead of time, as the PTR forums will show), it's just better to come right out as soon as you can and be up front about it, instead of say nothing, and then when you do finally say something, it's PR gibberish about bugs (because it was untested) and the like.

read the ** part .. how bout you stop QQing and start thinking to help solving that situation?

Ok sure.

Create a queue based system where there cannot be more than a 1.25:1 ratio between the dominant and the less dominant faction. If you are in the dominant faction, you get discharged from the zone after <x> deaths, where X is a floating variable dependent on the number of players currently queued for the zone. Basically, if the dominant faction isn't that deep in queue, you get say, 10 deaths before you get booted. If you're deep in queue, you get 3 or 4. This keeps the queue cycling and keeps players from sitting in the zone forever.

This keeps population numbers on the planet within a (reasonable) balance, cycles players for the dominant faction in and out so they still get the CHANCE to complete their quests, assuming they don't run off on their own and try to be Rambo. Players who are skilled have a higher chance of completing their quests, which rewards skill compared to kekekezergrush. Less dominant faction players get as much time as they need to complete their quests, which will also help to alleviate some of the massive faction gear discrepency.

There. I just fixed Ilum for you. And you know what? It doesn't matter, because no matter how good the suggestion might be, it won't get implemented.

I think there's a better chance they'd name a moon base after my character than actually implement this solid and easy solution.

Cool idea, bro.

There, fixed..

Faction transfers: I'd go smuggler in a heartbeat but no way am I grinding through that ****** WoW questing system again.

There is nothing wrong with Ilum itself.

Edited by staysa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.