BH PVP Spec

ogchad

I'm Arsenal myself (lolmissileparty) but I hear that Pyros do relatively crazy damage and rely much less on planting their feet and using channeled abilities.

Mobility is king in PvP games, and this is no exception; it's worth looking into and fooling with a bit.

It does -seven different things- when you use it.

SEVEN.

It has so much utility for the class that it is -crazy-.

If we could be as effective using something else, I promise we would be. I'm thinking of speccing Pyro just to do something different in PvP for a while!

It does -seven different things- when you use it.

SEVEN.

It has so much utility for the class that it is -crazy-.

If we could be as effective using something else, I promise we would be. I'm thinking of speccing Pyro just to do something different in PvP for a while!

I stopped playing my commando for the same reason man.... it gets boring using 1 ability for 90% of your damage.

Tracer is overrated. Good for stomping pugs.

I prefer Assault (trooper, dunno what it's called for BH) with medic sub spec. Only real weakness are sentinels and sometimes a good juggernaut (and their mirrors obviously)

I'm Arsenal myself (lolmissileparty) but I hear that Pyros do relatively crazy damage and rely much less on planting their feet and using channeled abilities.

Mobility is king in PvP games, and this is no exception; it's worth looking into and fooling with a bit.

i find pyro is better on a BH tank then w/e your heal one is. atm i'm leveling a pyro version of vanguard and i'm loving it. (sorry for my 0 knowledge of empire classes only mirrors lol)

Tracer is overrated. Good for stomping pugs.

I prefer Assault (trooper, dunno what it's called for BH) with medic sub spec. Only real weakness are sentinels and sometimes a good juggernaut (and their mirrors obviously)

Yea that is the pyrotech equivalent. However the downside of playing commando assault (mercenary pyrotech) is that your high-impact shot (rail shot) procs on a 1.5 sec cast.

If you are vanguard assault (powertech pyrotech) that 1.5 sec cast is replaced by an instant cast 10m range ability. Which in turn means you have way more mobility, but you play more like a melee class than you do a ranged class as a result.

Honostly you can't really say what is best. I'm Powertech Pyro myself and loving it. I see powertechs doing good in pvp as well as mercenaries. Just comes down to what you prefer. PT has a couple of iimportant mid/ closerange skills, so sometimes you come in close. Mercenary tries to be more rangy. I was in doubt for a long time before choosing PT, but i think i would have loved Merc just as much, might roll one later on.

With PT, after you played pvp for a while, you start to understand the class better and how to play it, than you'll see more improvements. At around lvl 29 you can proc rail shot a lot if lucky, and that is amazing. No exp with Merc though.

i find pyro is better on a BH tank then w/e your heal one is. atm i'm leveling a pyro version of vanguard and i'm loving it. (sorry for my 0 knowledge of empire classes only mirrors lol)

Well, I like the heals. I use los excessively and use my instants a lot. Assault is ammo efficient so I just los and pop a heal while still in 3rd tier ammo regen for pretty much no loss in damage.

I should make a PVP sometime of how I PVP on assault (at least with this spec and style). You can really be destructive and hard to pin down if you do it right. Even without a healer I can stay in a single fight for a long time by being tricky.

You don't have any of that luxury with Gunnery since you need to plant and nuke.

Yea that is the pyrotech equivalent. However the downside of playing commando assault (mercenary pyrotech) is that your high-impact shot (rail shot) procs on a 1.5 sec cast.

If you are vanguard assault (powertech pyrotech) that 1.5 sec cast is replaced by an instant cast 10m range ability. Which in turn means you have way more mobility, but you play more like a melee class than you do a ranged class as a result.

Rail shot proccing off 1.5 second cast really isn't a big deal. I only use my cast shots much when I'm fighting a sorc/range DPS anyway. Most of the time I'm using all my ammo on my dot+stockstrike+sticky and the occasional plasma nade when I'm not in melee range of a melee.

If they fix the delay on full auto, you could just hit full auto to proc impact shot (60% chance) and immediately cancel to rail shot if you need the burst now.

This is all why I love Assault. So much more to think about.

My only gripe is that you miss out on two really good peels/pvp utility from not speccing gunnery. It's hard not having that extra strong knockback, reduced cd on it, and the mini knockback on stockstrike for removing snipers out of cover temporarily to interrupt their burst.

Edited by Vlaid

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.