How I make a predictable dirty little income from crafting.

Dethrone

This is a knife in the heart of every true crafter who wanted a vibrant player economy where you feel valued on your server for the items you can provide but..

I noticed that alot of people are taking up crafting. Running with it for a bit and then dumping their matts on the galactic auction for low credits.

So being down beat like alot of you. I figured I could buy those matts, craft green gun barrels and sell them as vendor trash for a 50% *profit. I'm earning very good money due to the constant supply of cheap mats dumped by disillusioned players. I use a spreadsheet matrix to le me know how much I should pay for a given stack and I stick to it...

That said, I do feel like someone doing a raging trade in body parts because a nasty disease is in town. Kinda dirty like I'm taking advantage of a bad situation.

Ta

It is better for the players selling the materials to get your credits than to get nothing. At least you are not hoarding them in a bank, waiting for the market to pick up and flipping them for a 1000% profit. Thanks for sharing this because I can probably do something similar with my skills. :)

Cashing in on rare mats that people wholesale out in bulk is way more profitable if you use it for crafting. Sometimes I'll run into someone selling a 30-40 stack of a rare Underworld mat for 400-600 credits, when it generally goes for 750 credits for 2 on my server. Turning that into 10-15 blues will make that 600 credit investment into something like 9-10k. Not huge money, but my Republic alt is only Lv. 20.

It's not dirty. It's just business. :)

This is a knife in the heart of every true crafter who wanted a vibrant player economy where you feel valued on your server for the items you can provide but..

I noticed that alot of people are taking up crafting. Running with it for a bit and then dumping their matts on the galactic auction for low credits.

So being down beat like alot of you. I figured I could buy those matts, craft green gun barrels and sell them as vendor trash for a 50% *profit. I'm earning very good money due to the constant supply of cheap mats dumped by disillusioned players. I use a spreadsheet matrix to le me know how much I should pay for a given stack and I stick to it...

That said, I do feel like someone doing a raging trade in body parts because a nasty disease is in town. Kinda dirty like I'm taking advantage of a bad situation.

Ta

You could invest into blue blasters and tech staffs, then sell them on GTN for 100++ profit? On Starstorm One server there is a huge demand for Armstech items

Armstech is very profitable if you get the right items. Vibroknives (blues sell alot better/faster then artifacts) are one of my big sellers along with any barells in the 23-40 level range.

I currently feed my armtech from buying mats off GTN cept for the compounds from investigation since I have an alt for that.

Best thing you can do.. make tons of items, make another account for GTN only, set all those auctions up for 2 days, and check back every few hours. I make *alot* of money off peoples want of getting that extra edge in leveling.

Putting time into blue-level earpieces for cybertech at all levels has made me a small fortune. Ship mods at rank 2 and 4 can turn creds as well. Breaking away from pvp/quest to actually do it? Not as often as I should be.

Once levelers realize that credits come fast, theyll spend money. Just keep an eye on what items you dont get upgrades for and craft them. Your server lack classes that use cunning? Odds are those classes dont have much to pick from on the market. Thats a good niche to get your fingers on. There's ton of people running around with my name on their ear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.