And so it begins...Here is what I think the changes should be

Bazeleel

I normally just deal with nerfs as a assassin class but this is complete over kill.

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active - It is not a terrible nerf but a whole 20%? Why not down to 40% and then go from there.

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds. - I agree 3 seconds was extremely long. My only issue with this is that the knock down fills the stun bar(yes i mean the broken pos one) to full. If it only did half of the bar then it would make this a much better talent to use. Now what is the point of JS? a 1.5 stun or a 4 second stun? They basically made this talent useless.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP. - I seriously *facepalmed* when I read this. If this was the case then why the hell were assassin/shadows not nerfed or bloody BHs? Their burst right now is worse then ours and is LONGER and can be repeated. Once we burst we have little energy.

I think the changes(or nerfs w/e) need to be as follows:

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration and is now an active buff.

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1 second and no longer fulls the resolve bar.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 10% to attempt to control burst damage. We will correct this change further is the problem protests.

Edited by Bazeleel

The fact that it's not just PvP nerfs but PvE as well makes me /facepalm. WoW did the same thing when people started crying about X class. Pretty sure it's not that hard to add separate variables for when attacking a player vs a PvE mob. #problemsolved.

The whole Resolve thing needs reworked, and 1.5 sec knockdown from Jarring Strike should not be filling the bar completely. Either 0-1/4 fill, or put it back to 3 second duration and let it fill the bar all the way. I wouldn't really complain then.

remove jarring strike

thats the only change that was needed

all the crying, which BW appears to have caved to, was fuelled by ******* that dont know how to use their trinket or other def CDs.

1.5sec stun that puts the target at full DR? worthless talent, no one will ever use it after the change

Edited by Vallowen

The fact that it's not just PvP nerfs but PvE as well makes me /facepalm.

Except you have no numbers on the pve dps, could be that IA was a bit ahead of the others in which case this nerf averaged out the dpsers. Your making an assuption that the dps classes where equal to begin with and doing this nerf made IA much weaker than the others, which might not be the case at all.

remove jarring strike

thats the only change that was needed

all the crying, which BW appears to have caved to, was fuelled by ******* that dont know how to use their trinket or other def CDs.

1.5sec stun that puts the target at full DR? worthless talent, no one will ever use it after the change

Agreed completely , with 1.5 sec stun and full resolve bar this talent will be USELESS, it actually gimps the opener. Most annoying part is when you open a target and he teleports when he's knocked down and you have to circle him because you can't backstab.

Except you have no numbers on the pve dps, could be that IA was a bit ahead of the others in which case this nerf averaged out the dpsers. Your making an assuption that the dps classes where equal to begin with and doing this nerf made IA much weaker than the others, which might not be the case at all.

No one has numbers on PvE dps because we don't have access to the combat log..... I could, if I felt like it, go crunch the tooltip numbers on abilities (and so could you, for that matter). But since we're talking about Armor Penetration here, that's almost impossible to figure out since there's (afaik) no number out for how much armor bosses have. If you hadn't noticed, these are changes brought about by PvP QQ, not PvE QQ. I don't mind tweaks to a class now and then, but when it affects PvE viability along with PvP, then it irks me.

At any rate, a loss of 20% ArP is a massive reduction in PvE damage. Not sure about you, but I haven't heard anyone saying "Yo, go roll Op cuz they do mad DPS in raids", so your opening argument is pretty invalid. If anything, I'd say Merc and Sniper are top DPS, followed by Sorc. And that's based on a) game mechanics favor ranged DPS, and b) numbers that people have already crunched for said classes.

Edited by KelbornX

Not sure about you, but I haven't heard anyone saying "Yo, go roll Op cuz they do mad DPS in raids", so your opening argument is pretty invalid.

If you die to a class many times in pvp then you might qq, if a class does 20% more dmg than you in pve when theres no dmg meter there will be much less qq. Therefore you CANNOT compare what ppl say about pvp vs pve, this means you cannot say my argument is invalid because op isnt the best dps in raids in most ppls minds.

These are some of the laziest and dumbest band-aid nerfs that Bioware could have chosen to do. Why risk the PVE viability of the spec just because they screwed up their PVP balance.

Yes the spec is currently doing too much burst but the way to solve the issue isn't to simply nerf the damage and ruin the value to the talents in question. Rather than take a half-assed approach why didn't Bio consider the following:

1. Acid Blade: Keep the 50% armor pen, keep the damage the same but instead of dealing the damage over 6 seconds make it deal the damage over 9 seconds. This lowers the "burstiness" of the ability without risking the PVE viability of the class.

2. Jarring Strike: 3 seconds may be too long, I dunno since I don't PVP. 1.5 Seconds sounds fine, what isn't fine is having to pay 2 entire talent points for a mere 1.5 second stun (that's 1 GCD). Reduce the talent cost of Jarring Strike to 1 talent.

3. Hidden Strike: The potential burst damage of this ability is indeed too high, especially for an alpha strike. Rather than straight nerfing its damage why not address the core issue which is the burst? Just don't let Hidden Strike benefit from Meticulously Kept Blades. How is this not the obvious first step, since it reduces the severe burst potential of the ability (removes the 30% bonus crit component which is what is pushing it well over the edge.)

There took me all of 30 seconds to think up these changes, address the severe burst of the spec all without ruining any of the PVE viability of the class. Sigh sometimes it feels like the designers of this game just want all DPSers to roll Mercenaries, seriously who thought up these ridiculous nerfs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.