[Sug.] - Make Color Crystals Purely Cosmetic

aznthecapn

Please make color crystals a purely cosmetic choice and remove the stats. As it is now, we're forced to upgrade these crystals and it makes crystals like the black-yellow from the pre-order obsolete without gimping your stats. I believe the same holds true for the Razer black-green crystal.

There's no reason a cosmetic choice should be dictated by stats. Armoring doesn't change the look of my robe nor does a barrel change the look of my blaster, but the color crystal has stats AND cosmetic effects tied together.

If you're concerned about balancing the stat levels, just roll them into the hilt or barrel. Won't affect armor and make it overly powerful. I'd love to be able to swap my color crystal at will and use one based on how I'm feeling that day, but right now I'm pigeonholed into using the one I can get with the right stats and I may not like that color or have access to an alternative.

Edited by aznthecapn

Here's an idea: What if instead of using the crystal to determine colour, we simply unlock colours. The crystal (and it's rare versions) keep their stats, but once a crystal is bound to the player, the colour becomes memorized. Add a dropdown to Item Modification for a player to set the colour to any they have unlocked.

Here's an idea: What if instead of using the crystal to determine colour, we simply unlock colours. The crystal (and it's rare versions) keep their stats, but once a crystal is bound to the player, the colour becomes memorized. Add a dropdown to Item Modification for a player to set the colour to any they have unlocked.

That's a great idea. They should implement that for 1.2.

I can see the value in that, but there's something about the process of swapping a crystal that feels...real. The basis for tech in TOR is relatively simple when you consider a society that has been exploring the stars for thousands of years. There's no hyper advanced touch screen interfaces. You still turn dials and flip switches. I don't envision a lightsaber having a little display that you can swipe across to switch colors.

I know that's a literal interpretation and one can argue that the drop down menu is equivalent to changing your crystal, but it still feels odd to me. On the upside, you don't have to carry around 5+ crystals in your inventory to swap as you please. I could go either way as long as the end result is the same.

They should just make all sabers and blasters have a crystal augment slot that changes the color only.

Roll over the crystal stats into the hilt and barrel.

Did you read the post? That's exactly what I described. Thanks.

I like this idea only if they tie it into the platforming/datacron hunting-type gameplay. Don't base it on level, but have it so players have to perform certain actions in game to "uncover" new colors.

Even then, I do feel some colors should be restricted to certain requirements. It makes it fun and a privilege to have access to that color.

Red - Dark Side I or above

Blue - Light Side I or above

That's how I'd see it. Every other color has no restriction.

Even then, I do feel some colors should be restricted to certain requirements. It makes it fun and a privilege to have access to that color.

Red - Dark Side I or above

Blue - Light Side I or above

I like restricting some colors as well. I'd dare say add green to LS and purple to DS but we know Mace had a purple lightsaber. Maybe white for LS and black for DS. /shrug

I like restricting some colors as well. I'd dare say add green to LS and purple to DS but we know Mace had a purple lightsaber. Maybe white for LS and black for DS. /shrug

After turning to dark side and slaughtering all the younglings (which definitely would have made him more than Dark I) in Episode III, Darth Vader continued to use his blue lightsaber until he was defeated and Obi-Wan took it away. In the Expanded Universe books, Leia used a red light saber and she was definitely not Dark I or higher. A crystal is a just crystal. It's traditional for Jedi to use blue or green and Sith to use red but that's all it is. Yoda could have used a red light saber no problem as could the Emperor a green one.

After turning to dark side and slaughtering all the younglings (which definitely would have made him more than Dark I) in Episode III, Darth Vader continued to use his blue lightsaber until he was defeated and Obi-Wan took it away. In the Expanded Universe books, Leia used a red light saber and she was definitely not Dark I or higher. A crystal is a just crystal. It's traditional for Jedi to use blue or green and Sith to use red but that's all it is. Yoda could have used a red light saber no problem as could the Emperor a green one.

Except we're playing a video game. :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.