On a 1-10 scale how would you rate trooper ship?

Finrok

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exterior: 9

Interior: 7

Starting animation: -3

I love the style of my thunderclap. The only drawback is clearly the starting animation. Instead simply flapping out the wings (and main part being standing still), the whole ship rises/sinks accoring to the lower wing. Meaning the fix point which does not move is the lower end of the wing on the bottom, not the center of the ship. Looks pretty strange for me..

Exterior: 9

Starting animation: -3

I love the style of my thunderclap. The only drawback is clearly the starting animation. Instead simply flapping out the wings (and main part being standing still), the whole ship rises/sinks accoring to the lower wing. Meaning the fix point which does not move is the lower end of the wing on the bottom, not the center of the ship. Looks pretty strange for me..

My words :)

External 9 / Internal 9

I like the look, a bit like an elarged Starfighter. But yes, this raising of the body dosnt make sense if the ship hangs in midair.. maybe if its hovering over a surface.. but all starting animations show it flying clear if the hangar, then fold out.

Also irritating that the Wings stick out of the "Shield Bubble" in space-missions, whilst the ship in the Grounds looks smaller than the YT (that fits in).

Still gets the smiles for ship, if i see the Jedi Cruiser.

BT-7 Thunderclap

Exterior: 7

Overall: 7

Comments: On first inspection, I hated the BT-7. The lines were a mess, and the look just fell apart for me. But then I got to fly her, and a lot of that changed. I realized the ship is actually a beefed up B-Wing in essence, and that was enough to make me much more accepting of the ship overall. The interior has all the rooms you would want and laid out well (I especially like the briefing room). The main failing of the ship is the cockpit which just looks awful. The Captain's chair is staring at a bulkhead, there should be more combat stations, and the outside looks just sad. I would have preferred a cockpit module that flowed a lot better with the rest of the hull.

Positives: S-foils, Republic/Corellian design scheme, fully functional interior, Girly pics on the lockers

Negatives: Awful cockpit module (Int and ext), unsatisfying blaster sound,

I like it a lot. I'd probably give it a 7 out of 10 overall. I like the B-Wing a lot so the similarity is cool and I actually really enjoy the interior. I'd say my few gripes are I wish it flew vertically and not on its side and I wish there weren't so many laser cannons on the exterior that do diddly squat. Overall I'm a fan though.

The only ship I prefer to it is probably the sith ship.

They are probably the easiest ships to navigate. Also, I love the look of the B-wing, which seems to be a love or hate thing.

Easiest belongs to the Bounty Hunter's Serenity + Slave 1 lovechild, the D5-Mantis.