1.1.1: You just turned Ops/Sroundrels into Resto Druids.

Proto

I don't play either as a main. My main is a 50 sith warrior so please don't think I'm speaking on my own behalf here. I believe in balance and rock/paper/scissors, not to succumb to whiners who cry for nerf on forums. I saw how Trion butchered classes in Rift sometimes bi-weekly due to forum warriors.

Your nerf (half-thought out) of 20% of their intro burst is really over-the-top. The 1.5 sec change is fine, we've been telling you this since beta, Bioware. This game has been out for just a month and you're basing your design/balance decisions based off crying Youtube videos and PVP that was level 50's vs lower levels this entire time until a few days ago when you patched in 1.1.

You haven't even given the level 50 bracket pvp a chance to parse data before chopping the class into pieces. You realize now that their only use is going to be a healer, right? They are already squishy as can be with little utility. Their job is fast burst, stunlock - get the target to 20% from 100% and finish them off. That is what they do.

This sort of knee-jerk change is really what I had hoped Bioware was not going to do with this game.

Edited by Proto

I don't play either as a main. My main is a 50 sith warrior so please don't think I'm speaking on my own behalf here. I believe in balance and rock/paper/scissors, not to succumb to whiners who cry for nerf on forums. I saw how Trion butchered classes in Rift sometimes bi-weekly due to forum warriors.

Your nerf (half-thought out) of 20% of their intro burst is really over-the-top. The 1.5 sec change is fine, we've been telling you this since beta, Bioware. This game has been out for just a month and you're basing your design/balance decisions based off crying Youtube videos and PVP that was level 50's vs lower levels this entire time until a few days ago when you patched in 1.1.

You haven't even given the level 50 bracket pvp a chance to parse data before chopping the class into pieces. You realize now that their only use is going to be a healer, right? They are already squishy as can be with little utility. Their job is fast burst, stunlock - get the target to 20% from 100% and finish them off. That is what they do.

The really irritating part is were basing it all of perceptions and feel, since we have no logs to prove anything or analyze the numbers.

Argh, it's maddening.

The really irritating part is were basing it all of perceptions and feel, since we have no logs to prove anything or analyze the numbers.

Argh, it's maddening.

You honestly believe this? This is absolutely false. It's very easy to judge things like how fast it takes an Operative to take down another class.

Operatives were obscenely overpowered.

Quit playing my OP a while ago, I saw this one coming a mile away after

A) slicing whines on forums -> slicing nerfed

B) biochecm whines on forums -> biochem nerfed

and now C) Operative whines on forums -> Operatives nerfed

And since Bioware prefer to tear the subject apart with a chainsaw rather than make precision changes with a scalpel, I figured I'd get a head start on a new character.

My advice, drop whatever becomes the next hot button class/crew skill on the forums. Bioware will drop an anvil on it.

Edited by marshalleck

I have honestly never seen a company that acted so quickly to sucumb to the whiners on the forums. Bioware is bending over backwards to give to the "i'm quiting cuz blah" crowd.

I seriously like this game but if they are going to meet the demands of every 12 year old that crys them a river on the forums this game is doomed.

I have honestly never seen a company that acted so quickly to sucumb to the whiners on the forums. Bioware is bending over backwards to give to the "i'm quiting cuz blah" crowd.

I seriously like this game but if they are going to meet the demands of every 12 year old that crys them a river on the forums this game is doomed.

50 Op here. Hyperspace Cannon.

Nerf needed. I'll see if it was too much or too little.

I've always been of the opinion that players who whine about needed nerfs occuring, not to mention ones that haven't even been tested yet, are even worse players than those that whine for the nerfs in the first place.

One cloud does not a storm make.

Please, if you're paying any attention at all the pattern is obvious. Every nerf and buff Bioware implement directly follow what's being said on the forums.

Slicing whines, slicing nerfed. Biochem whines, biochem nerfed. Whines that slicing was overnerfed, slicing buffed. Knights/Warriors underpowered, Knights/Warriors buffed. Operative whines, operative nerfs.

Edited by marshalleck

Ppl aren't blind. Biochem nerf was needed same for slicing. I have both prof. The starting burst from the scoundrel/operative is too high and they need to adjust this. Maybe they need a boost something else to compensate it. Edited by Guzul

You honestly believe this? This is absolutely false. It's very easy to judge things like how fast it takes an Operative to take down another class.

ARE*

And this will quell the kiddies that are deluded into thinking they're something special once this nerf is implemented.

there should always be one "Nemesis" class, but jesus, this class takes out all classes in 7-9 seconds.

Obviously a "Minor" oversight on BW's part. They better follow through with it too.

Please, if you're paying any attention at all the pattern is obvious. Every nerf and buff Bioware implement directly follow what's being said on the forums.

Slicing whines, slicing nerfed. Biochem whines, biochem nerfed. Whines that slicing was overnerfed, slicing buffed. Knights/Warriors underpowered, Knights/Warriors buffed. Operative whines, operative nerfs.

Yes, but those whines are -- for the most part -- valid. The Operative/Scoundrel did have too much damage, couple that with their utility and it's rather imbalanced relative to the other classes. Slicing made WAY too much money (I knew level 30s back when they early access had been on for like 4 days) that had 800k from it. Biochem stacking (with expertise) is SUPER overpowered, and I'll say that I think the heals were a bit overpowered too. Guardians/Juggs (not general knight/warrior class) even with this buff are still underpowered -- especially in Ilum PvP.

I think that, although your observations are true, your conclusion based on those observations is logical and possible, but in no way likely. Every change like that they've made seems to be for the better (except the overnerfing of slicing), so I believe we should give them the benefit of the doubt in regards to these types of issues.

Yep, I'll be retiring my Operative main if the changes go through as described. It's a massive nerf to not only burst damage, but sustained damage. Operatives will be healers, and that is it.

Anyone cheering for this better stop and consider how they'll feel when their most essential skills are cut by 20-50%, all at once. This is just not how you do a nerf. You knock back one thing a little, and see how that goes. If it's not enough, you nerf it a little more, or nerf something else.

You don't nerf three of a classes' most important skills by 20-50% at the same time. This doesn't inspire much confidence in Bioware's ability to make balance adjustments.

Edited by PibbyPib

Quit playing my OP a while ago, I saw this one coming a mile away after

A) slicing whines on forums -> slicing nerfed

B) biochecm whines on forums -> biochem nerfed

and now C) Operative whines on forums -> Operatives nerfed

And since Bioware prefer to tear the subject apart with a chainsaw rather than make precision changes with a scalpel, I figured I'd get a head start on a new character.

My advice, drop whatever becomes the next hot button class/crew skill on the forums. Bioware will drop an anvil on it.

Smart man.

Inquisitors should have been first up for the nerfs IMO. Is there anything that class can't do?

Argh, it's maddening.

the numbers on youtube videos and in game gameplay are in pretty big font size and all of them are in the high end 4 to 5 digit numbers which most classes dont pull anywhere close in in 2 shots.

Ppl aren't blind. Biochem nerf was needed same for slicing. I have both prof. The starting burst from the scoundrel/operative is too high and they need to adjust this. Maybe they need a boost something else to compensate it.

if theres something wrong and you attempt a fix, the worst thing u can do is by fixing a wrong with overdoing another ability as compensation for them being too powerful already.

If the nerf works in the next 2 months and theyre not dead last in damage (and they cannot be due to the class build), theyll leave ti alone. If it ends up being horrible, theyll re adjust or give more survivability.

MMOs never have changes set in stone.

Inquisitors should have been first up for the nerfs IMO. Is there anything that class can't do?

They can DPS they can Heal and they can Stunlock. Though any sustained damage and they are putty. (assuming the person isn't... L15 against 40-49)

TBH, I personally love going against a 50 Inquis built for PvP, as a (48) Tanking Powertech I don't tend to STEAMROLL ALL THE CLASSES so 1v1 its a delicious match.

12 year olds shouldn't play this game. Age requirement please.

I am playing a Sith Sorc. so this doesn't really apply to me but I was planning on making a OP.

Edited by katzandra

The best part of this is few people care to take the time to level to 50 on the PTR and there are no pre-mades or transfers, so none of these changes will be tested for geared level 50 characters. And Bioware didn't even wait to see if the level 50 bracket had any apparent effect on the perception of Operatives' strength.