Why a rollback does not solve anything.

Knifewrench

Unless you shut down Ilum or have a surefire way of preventing collusion and circumvention around the intended system, people are going to keep doing this unpunished. You might think it's incredibly easy for BioWare to have a team of people with a giant red banhammer button that can respond as soon as you send a ticket in... they need time for investigations on people so they are 100% sure they are not making a mistake when they take action against someone who shot up tremendously in valor. There's only eight hours in a work day and they have a limited budget, here. :p

Everyone's rightfully angry, but ultimately there's not any reason to be mad. People hitting Battlemaster is an inevitability if they play this game the right avenues towards it. People got mad at premades farming their way up... but that's not against the rules. I can only see anger coming from:

- those who were already Battlemaster that also like to see the rich get richer, the poor stay poorer.

- those who didn't get a chance to jump in on valor farming.

Anybody else who has skill or half a brain... you should know this does not really affect you. You can still kill people who have marginally better gear if you play correctly. The only way this can be really game-breaking for a server is if one side is low-pop and full of quitters. And if that's the case, perhaps you should consider just moving away from that. :)

Edited by Knifewrench

Unless you shut down Ilum or have a surefire way of preventing collusion and circumvention around the intended system, people are going to keep doing this unpunished. You might think it's incredibly easy for BioWare to have a team of people with a giant red banhammer button that can respond as soon as you send a ticket in... they need time for investigations on people so they are 100% sure they are not making a mistake when they take action against someone who shot up tremendously in valor. There's only eight hours in a work day and they have a limited budget, here. :p

Everyone's rightfully angry, but ultimately there's not any reason to be mad. People hitting Battlemaster is an inevitability if they play this game the right avenues towards it. People got mad at premades farming their way up... but that's not against the rules. I can only see anger coming from:

- those who were already Battlemaster that also like to see the rich get richer, the poor stay poorer.

- those who didn't get a chance to jump in on valor farming.

Anybody else who has skill or half a brain... you should know this does not really affect you. The only way this can be really game-breaking for a server is if one side is low-pop and full of quitters. And if that's the case, perhaps you should consider just moving away from that. :)

Finally someone with a brain in here

+1

by that logic, it is alright for a class to figure out a way to solo an op boss by themselves because, hey, eventually they will reach that goal anyways.

what those people did was the same as win trading back in wow. it is inexcusable.

And I'm sure they're working on a more complex security system to catch it. They're already aware of people colluding. The point was reverting everyone's progress would just be a temporary solution as they'll come back tomorrow and do it again.

And I'm sure they're working on a more complex security system to catch it. They're already aware of people colluding. The point was reverting everyone's progress would just be a temporary solution as they'll come back tomorrow and do it again.

yes, except they would have to do it legitimately....

or find another loophole, in which case bioware can plug that hole up too.

rather get the loopholes out of the way

The OPs post is offensive.

I was a battlemaster 3 weeks before 1.1. It was a long, grueling grind. I felt a sense of achievement at being one of the first on my server. As much as you can in a video game, I worked* for it. Valor ranks 50-60 were easily 70-80 hours long.

Saying that my anger at ilum is due to a desire to see "the rich get richer" is TOTALLY erroneous. I feel cheated that my accomplishments were trivialized by Bioware's choice to ignore the community's input before they patched, and their response (no rollback, no apology) makes me feel like it will almost certainly happen again if I chose to resubscribe.

I'm angry that my expectations for this game- that it provide more than one month of enjoyment- have been dashed. I'm angry that a great company is destroying its legacy and reputation with extremely poor management decisions.

The OPs post is offensive.

I was a battlemaster 3 weeks before 1.1. It was a long, grueling grind. I felt a sense of achievement at being one of the first on my server. As much as you can in a video game, I worked* for it. Valor ranks 50-60 were easily 70-80 hours long.

Saying that my anger at ilum is due to a desire to see "the rich get richer" is TOTALLY erroneous. I feel cheated that my accomplishments were trivialized by Bioware's choice to ignore the community's input before they patched, and their response (no rollback, no apology) makes me feel like it will almost certainly happen again if I chose to resubscribe.

I'm angry that my expectations for this game- that it provide more than one month of enjoyment- have been dashed. I'm angry that a great company is destroying its legacy and reputation with extremely poor management decisions.

Earth to hardcore players, BioWare is not tailoring the game towards you. I, myself, got Battlemaster a week prior to the patch being released. Why is the title a trophy that only a small percentage can have? Do you really need something that distincts you from the rest? I really couldn't care less if people have it. It gives me more powerful allies and gives me more challenging enemies.

This came from Bashiok in response to a player asking why changes are being made to assist people who are behind to catch up to more challenging content in PvE. It can be applied here, because... personally, I thought the huge grind made to attain Battlemaster took way too long.

Because they want to and they pay the same amount for the game? I don't know, man. How is it good for the game to have 1% of players parading around for months and months and a 99% sitting around with nothing to do because they're sick and tired of wiping?

Your solution is "Well then they should get better or quit." and that's just not reasonable for a video game comprised of millions of people looking to just have some fun. It's still a computer game.

Our time will come when rated warzones or arena hit and we do have that measurement of ability. The current environment we have now is not the place for it since it's not compatible with everyone else playing the game.

Edited by Knifewrench

Dude, you're missing the point.

I don't care if other people have it, as long as they put in the same time and effort that I was forced to.

Imagine you spend months working late and kissing the boss's *** to get promotion and pay raise. One week later, all of your coworkers get the same benefits, but without putting in any extra time or effort.

A grind that took players 80 hours of actual playing can now be done in 6 or 7 hours of semi-afk spamming a buff on a raid. If you think that is fair and just, I really don't know what to say to you.

Edited by StefenEQ

I don't care if other people have it, as long as they put in the same time and effort that I was forced to.

Imagine you spend months working late and kissing the boss's *** to get promotion and pay raise. One week later, all of your coworkers get the same benefits, but without putting in any extra time or effort.

A grind that took players 80 hours of actual playing can now be done in 6 or 7 hours of semi-afk spamming a buff on a raid. If you think that is fair and just, I really don't know what to say to you.

So do a better job than Timmy o'Tool. Or quit to a better company you'll actually like.

Let's say it takes 300 hours to grind to Battlemaster. This number isn't some kind of freak accident. Presumably Bioware figures those who slog through 300 hours of WZ should be rewarded with the best PvP gear. So you take those 300 hours and get the stuff, and now you realize people can do it in 30 due to a massive oversight. Yes, it's all just time, but the time was there to distinguish those who were BM or not. If that is not the case, then BM gear should not have required Valor rank 60 to begin with. When you see a BM, either you should respect the guy or you can say this guy has no life, but the point is that this guy is very different from the average guy.

Life isnt fair, some people have to work hard some people will get everything in life handed to them

I was born into a wealthy family and others are born with crack head mothers, its just life

You guys act like this is something new. Happens in every mmo. Hello?

The fact they made valor gain easier probably means we are getting another tier of pvp armor soon that will require, oh say level 75 valor or even 100 valor. Imagine that grind without ilum in it's current form now!

When that happens, you will be glad they added the current slideshow valor farmfest that is ilum. ;) Btw, the actual valor gain is not that great to be honest. For classes that cannot consistently score 10+ medal per warzone, ilum is a good way to farm valor. For guys who can score 10+ medal consistently, ilum will probably net you just a slight increase of valor per hour. In fact it may go negative depending on number of targets to kill.

Besides, it's not like they took anything away from the guys who were battlemaster before patch. If anything, if you choose to partake in the new ilum you will still have a insurmountable lead over the guys who flocked to ilum after patch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.