Android mobile authenticator improvements

Necrious_Atah

Alright, this isn't exactly a suggestion to the game but rather security which I believe is one of the most important things in a MMORPG. As an Android developer, I am switching between different phones, different ROMs, different versions and once I flash a new ROM or get a new device, the authenticator disappears and even using tools like TitaniumBackup and whatnot, I am unable to use the authenticator due to the current setup for authentication.

This doesn't even have to be a huge issue, it'd just be nice to be able to remove the authenticator once I am in my account or during the password reset process. When I called today regarding getting my physical auth removed, all they did was ask me a few security questions and that functionality is already in place for the website also. It'd save much time for people trying to get them removed and trying to get them on new devices and all of that good stuff that other authentication methods provide.

Essentially: It'd be nice to be able to use the authenticator across multiple devices but until it's implemented, save a lot of phone calls by giving users the functionality to remove it within their account's control panel on the website.

Great idea, ppl change phones quite often so this is a real nuisance. I have mine on my android tablet which my kids also use for games movies etc so I expect it to need flashed / become borked i the not too distant future.

Really need this looked at.

My only gripe is that the Android app crashes on my ALOT.

Almost everytime I open it I get an unexpected error and have to force close and re-open it.

That sounds like a tech-support type problem. I haven't had the app perform anything but flawlessly. What version of Android & model of device do you have?

Alright, this isn't exactly a suggestion to the game but rather security which I believe is one of the most important things in a MMORPG. As an Android developer, I am switching between different phones, different ROMs, different versions and once I flash a new ROM or get a new device, the authenticator disappears and even using tools like TitaniumBackup and whatnot, I am unable to use the authenticator due to the current setup for authentication.

This doesn't even have to be a huge issue, it'd just be nice to be able to remove the authenticator once I am in my account or during the password reset process. When I called today regarding getting my physical auth removed, all they did was ask me a few security questions and that functionality is already in place for the website also. It'd save much time for people trying to get them removed and trying to get them on new devices and all of that good stuff that other authentication methods provide.

Essentially: It'd be nice to be able to use the authenticator across multiple devices but until it's implemented, save a lot of phone calls by giving users the functionality to remove it within their account's control panel on the website.

being an android dev and always testing new builds of my roms, this was a huge issue for me and had to get rid of the authenticator. A shame

I just planning to refresh my phone so it's becoming an important issue also. The site already has the security questions, it asks the valid sec. key for login, also can ask for the serial number.

A simple deactivation and later activating a new one shouldn't be a problem. Not to mention, handling the "support" on the phone is not the best and easiest solution for every country.

Also, and this is a suggestion:

The app not really usef friendly, the numbers are too small. I have a 4" SGS and still have to pick up and check closely.

I kicked together a little mockup picture, I do think tis would be much friendly:

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss28/Meglivorn/SWTOR/swtor-key.jpg

Of course the two-digit brakes are for me, easier to read and type in, but that can causes confusion sometimes (I can imagine :\ )...

Edited by Meglivorn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.