• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

game lags like mad still

customer service is worst in industry

Quests are boring

grind grind grind

only good thing is the story line choices and companions.

game wont last.

cancelled subscription due to lack of mature players.

and poor quality game.

Very good work Bioware. Keep at it, and dont rush anything out. Just make sure everything is tested and bug free before releasing.

Little bit late to say that considering they released a game that is hardly finished.

In PVP warzones it feels like the server is having trouble to process and relay all the data. Maybe the protocols can't handle it. There is no shame in asking a professional for help. How about the guys from Digital Illusions? Part of the same company.

I am thinking that the last issue with the "dual-core processors" not being able to keep up is probably the biggest issue with the delay. It has probably also been known for quite some time, yet game optimization works best with live servers as far as testing goes. The first two reasons are most likely valid, but will result in the least amount of performance increases, thus they are just placebos until the real issue can be fixed.

I have faith that the real workers of Bioware (the coders, artists, actors, etc) are exceptionally talented and will deliver the fixes, yet I feel that management is blindly running around frantically making fixes without a solid game plan.

the 1.1.1 notes concern me. it seems that you guys are trying to mask the problem, not solving it. there is not a single solution to the technical issues being implemented in the pts yet.

update:

after reading pts forums, seeing ability delay is not fixed, i guess i was right. :) sorry subscription, maybe we ll meet again in upcoming months.

Edited by Lmaonade

the 1.1.1 notes concern me. it seems that you guys are trying to mask the problem, not solving it. there is not a single solution to the technical issues being implemented in the pts yet.

update:

after reading pts forums, seeing ability delay is not fixed, i guess i was right. :) sorry subscription, maybe we ll meet again in upcoming months.

Where on the pts forums did you read this?

if this actually comes to pass I'll have a little faith restored in Bw..Half a creds worth..The teams as a whole dropped the ball and bent over in the showers on a lot of things. If this comes to pass and changes soon, I might reconsider my opinion of the game and company and sticking around..with my money. Edited by Shinkenryu

Problem with dual core CPUs? What about hex core CPUs? Is the game not optimized for multi-core CPU and GPUs?

Hi Gawlron,

The game requires a multi core processor.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a CPU intensive game. The problem I described in the blog can happen on all processor configuration (and has nothing to do with the number of cores in your machine), but the effect may be significantly noticeable if you have only two cores.

The Trooper's mortar volley is an animation issue not related to the technical fixes mentioned in this thread. It is however being worked on (take this as a confirmation that we are not satisfied with how the ability reacts to player input and that we intend to fix it).

Please understand if I'm not going to discuss more individual ability concerns in this thread to avoid derailing the topic at this point.

Since I see some demaind for it, I will see if I can get you guys an update on individual ability animation concerns (both balance and gameplay) in the future. You should see a number of non animation concerns with faction ability fixed in an upcoming patch on PTS.

-- Georg

Please Update the "German Community" too

ty

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=64514

Oh yes i forgott, the Plasmagrenade is the same ****, the throw animation is too long... this is a Grenade and not a Cruise Missile -.- removed the cast please!

Edited by Tesires

Wow! I am so glad to see this announcement. I've been experiencing these problems along with everyone I know that plays this game and to see this is just a huge relief in itself. Thank you for addressing this problem! I just hope it's the fix that my fiance, friends, and I needed. If not then it's back to ************ and moaning to each other in TS. lol.

I think all buffs and the sprint ability should be off the global cooldown especially in warzones when your dying constantly or just make them stay through death one of the two preferably the latter, but anyways just my 2 credits. Keep up the good work so and be very cautious with the NERF BAT and don't listen to every post because some of them are from people that are not willing to learn there characters and want an easy button. Do most of the testing yourselves...

Being one of those Quad CPU 64 bit guys - there is seriously like a .8 sec delay in the action and reaction when it comes to jumping - Actually from my tests it is .8+/-.2 secs for the standard deviation.

This all started about 2 weeks ago with that patch. Before that I was able to leap anywhere - Running to get the datacrons on Hutta, for instance, I could do blindfolded. Now For the life of me - it is nearly impossible for the one involving jumping (guy runs off the area then jumps). On Drumand Kaas the other 'leap too datacron' is about as bad.

If this is a permanent feature, could you least let us get that Batman device that Luke used in the original star wars? You know the one he shot and swung across the death star with Leia? Find it hard to believe they can develop a harpoon gun that will drag a enemy 30m thru the air to you but they having been able to have one that can be shot 30m and drag you up to a location - let alone a hyperdrive engine but can't figure out rock climbing...

Thanks,

Blak

Edited by Blakinik

I liked the greyed out commands, better than the newer commands that appear to be ready. It gets confusing for me trying to use an action, when in fact its still on cooldown. Is there any way we can have it back the way it was, with the ability delay fixed ?

this is really awesome, i was extremely pleased to see this on one of the first things on the swtor website, obviously if your computer is old and slow you will have issues regardless but these are the two main things i wanted to be fixed.

Not to complain or be off topic but also i have a pretty decent computer and aside from a little bit of lag on the imperial fleet everything is fine for me, except on the bonethrasher fight in Karaggas palace i get extremely low frame rates and i know most people who dont have an exceptional or brand new computer have the same problem, i run my game with everything on the lowest settings possible and have virtually no problems, except the hardmode bonethrasher fight is almost impossible for alot of people becuase their framerates are so low, on normal its just as bad but you can work with it since it is just normal. Personally my guild is 4/5 nightmare ev and want to work on hardmode KP but progression is impossible becuase alot of us lag terribly on bonethrasher. I'm not sure how easily fixed this is, but honestly if i had the choice to make him a box with a smiley face i would be extatic.

Edited by Cuddlezz