Mail aboard ship. If there, I can't find it.

jcleaver

I guess the Galactic Postal Service can't deliver physical items to your ship, since it is not a stationary thing. Most mail includes credits or some other item.

Well, credits are not necessarily a physical item.

It's entirely possible that our characters are actually buying and selling with the Star Wars equivalent of a debit card, bank account, and electronic money transfers.

But I agree with your other point about the physical items (weapons, armor, and such) that are sent via mail.

Still, it's always possible that the developers will add a Mailbox to the ship's features at some point. It would be nice to have.

Everyone knows the lines at the post office are a lot longer. :p

NO kidding. It's a good thing we don't have to get our starship pilot's license from a DMV. That would essentially make the level cap 17-ish, since we'd all be standing in line. On the upside, just think of how easy it would be to get social points while waiting in that line... :confused:

For something like this that seems obvious to me (yes there should be mail on the ship), I ask myself: what purpose are the game designers trying to serve by *not* putting mail on the ship?

Is it possible that the game designers just don't want people reading mail in rest areas? I notice that mailboxes are always right outside cantinas, not inside them.

For something like this that seems obvious to me (yes there should be mail on the ship), I ask myself: what purpose are the game designers trying to serve by *not* putting mail on the ship?

Is it possible that the game designers just don't want people reading mail in rest areas? I notice that mailboxes are always right outside cantinas, not inside them.

You can visit the mailboxes on Carrick Station without exiting the "rest" area, so I don't think it's that the devs didn't want folks to read mail in "rest" areas. I suppose they might have wanted to reduce congestion in cantinas, but except for the Senate Plaza one, most cantinas don't seem so populated as to warrant this.

Another possible explanation/excuse:

When was the last time you saw a post office inside a bar/nightclub?;)

Edited by Adric_the_Red