Sith Juggernaut Vengeance PvP - Maximo - Patch 1.0

Supfreshes

The Build - 2/31/8: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1010MZcGrorhddMRZRR0M.1

:cool:Vengeance:cool: Speced Sith Juggernaut PvP.

The Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce37FKMHpi0&feature=youtu.be

Character name Maximo, I play on the U.S. PvP server Dark Reaper in my PvP guild, This Is Wrastlin

All footage was shot in patch 1.0 using Fraps and edited in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

My gear level at the time of this video was Champions minus the earpiece, helm, both relics (they were terrible pre-patch anyways), and one Implant.

This video is meant to showcase Vengeance in PvP more or less as a response to the influx of players posting their Rage spec videos. I thought it would be cool for me as a Vengeance player to showcase some clips of how Vengeance stacks up against Rage (Not so well I'm afraid.) I do not claim to be good at this game and there are many mistakes as well as some fps lag that I was dealing with during the recording process. All of the footage seen here was shot within 6 hours before the servers went down to deploy patch 1.1

if you want a great example of the Rage talent tree play-style, look at this great video made by Foxibunneh:

What you will find in this video:

Lots of mistakes: I wanted make sure I put together a video that showcased Vengeance in its unaltered state as it was before the first major balance patch and unfortunately, I only started recording footage the night before the servers went down for maintenance. Poor planning on my part. Even if I had more footage I do not claim to be very good at this game yet, as of this video I am only rank 26 Valor, so I haven't played a ton of games yet.

Sustained Damage: Vengeance is nowhere near as bursty as Rage at the moment so you will not see any big numbers, Vicious Throw aside. Vengeance relies heavily on the Shatter dot for most of its damage (internal damage is amazing) which occurs over 12 seconds after application, and the Impale dot (and force scream if some Vengeance players spec into it) to cover up the Shatter dot. In case some of you are unaware, our dots are able to be cleansed off.

Teamwork: Now don't get the wrong idea, I queued solo for the entire night when I shot footage for the video and there are a few 1 on 1s, but MMOs are a team platform and I did not hesitate to put in clips that I felt showed the Vengeance play style if I wasn't the only one doing the killing in the clip. No pocket healers were used in the making of this video!

What you will not find in this video:

World PvP: I really wanted to put in some open world PvP footage, but as I said before, I started recording late and did not want to risk finding nobody and having too few clips to work with. I will be including world PvP into my next video which I am sure I will be able to take my time with.

Equal Level of Players or Gear: Pretty obvious really, as there was no level 50 bracket during the time of this video. Many players, but not all of them in this video will be lower than level 50 or if they are level 50 do not yet have the level of PvP gear that I had in the video. No I don't think I'm a bad *** for smashing lowbies, but I did try and include footage that had the fewest low level characters that I could, as stated above this video is not indicative of my skill level.

Music that everyone likes: I included the music that I love and appeals to me. Inevitably someone will post in here about how "bad" my choice of music is. Music is as much an acquired taste as food is, what one person loves the others hate. I love music and love discussing it, but if you post in this thread just saying "it sucked your music is bad terrible video", I will ignore your comment entirely and will not even give you the satisfaction of a response.

What I do not want to see in this thread:

Flame Wars: This thread will see no complaint from me as long as it is constructively comparing Warrior AC's or Talent Trees to another. What I would like to keep out of here is bashing other players and members of the community based on their preference of spec or advanced class, and if you are going ignore this and do it anyways, please make a new thread to do so. I am fully aware that Rage is probably 5 times more viable a PvP spec right now but that isn't stopping me from playing Vengeance, I love the play style too much.

Non-constructive Criticism: Stating a claim and providing no evidence is going to get you laughed at and ignored by me. If you cannot back up your claim then how are you going to prove your point of view? I am very open to criticism as I am relatively new to this game and am very rusty since my arena days in WoW. I encourage you, please critique me!:)

Edited by Supfreshes

I enjoyed the video and understand you are not to brag that "OMG I AM AWESOME, SUCK MY DICK!" Looks very tempting to try out once I am fully pvp geared. There is also another Vengeance spec pvp vid floating around the forums too. That makes it 2 fun vids to watch. Choice of music is each their own but I wish there was a playful footage like hold a guy on the fire trap and proceed to trollface when I was watching the part where you were playing Blink-182. But yeah keep going at it my friend and the only advice I could give is direction of video editing really since I have not really stepped into that spec.

I enjoyed the video and understand you are not to brag that "OMG I AM AWESOME, SUCK MY DICK!" Looks very tempting to try out once I am fully pvp geared. There is also another Vengeance spec pvp vid floating around the forums too. That makes it 2 fun vids to watch. Choice of music is each their own but I wish there was a playful footage like hold a guy on the fire trap and proceed to trollface when I was watching the part where you were playing Blink-182. But yeah keep going at it my friend and the only advice I could give is direction of video editing really since I have not really stepped into that spec.

Thanks for the reply! I am relatively new to professional video editing softwear so yeah i could use some work on that department. As for the playful part I will try to put some footage of that in my next video I didn't get any of that while i was recording this time around :(

Thanks for the reply! I am relatively new to professional video editing softwear so yeah i could use some work on that department. As for the playful part I will try to put some footage of that in my next video I didn't get any of that while i was recording this time around :(

I feel ya, broham. I have a youtube channel that isn't epic like the bigs names but when I can I put my heart on it. What do you use to piece the vid together? Windows Movie Maker?

I feel ya, broham. I have a youtube channel that isn't epic like the bigs names but when I can I put my heart on it. What do you use to piece the vid together? Windows Movie Maker?

All footage was shot in patch 1.0 using Fraps and edited in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

:o

I tried vengeance and the two things i can say about it is that

A) I always have a good amount of rage

B) Unstoppable is a vital pvp utility

But the dmg output isn't that high where you could actually put pressure on a healer.

If you make another video try dueling some healers and you'll quickly see what I mean.

Until the DoT damage is properly optimized, you'll see more immortal/rage spec'd juggs

I tried vengeance and the two things i can say about it is that

A) I always have a good amount of rage

B) Unstoppable is a vital pvp utility

But the dmg output isn't that high where you could actually put pressure on a healer.

If you make another video try dueling some healers and you'll quickly see what I mean.

Until the DoT damage is properly optimized, you'll see more immortal/rage spec'd juggs

I agree on all points you've made. Yes killing healers is really difficult if the player has a shred of common sense.

I don't really understand exactly what the design goal of the Vengeance tree really is. we have a lot of dots if speced into them, all but one deal really low damage and then there is impale, our single big attack which still comes nothing close to other classes burst hits.

I would say either direct damage needs a slight buff or the dots need an across the board buff for Vengeance, not even alot, say 15 or 20%.

Edited by Supfreshes

Hey, I checked it out directly!

I'm not the best commenter as I'm new to the whole video department myself but;

Found it pleasant watch, didn't spot much error the minor things you probably realize yourself. Basically reminded me of myself playing a vengeance spec, just running around and dpsing players except without going on a brain dead rampage as I like to do because I want to two shot players. It's clear that the damage of vengeance is lower, but it's a huge plus you play it anyway despite it's flaws. Although some of those 2.5k impale crits or dots + choke don't seem too bad.

Please don't compare my criticism back to my own video but..

• What I did notice was, not enough guarding. Not even a single taunt! :p
  • Not enough intercede, as you have the 20% damage reduction passive I'd definitely use it more. ;)
  • Not really enough team play, but you're more of a chainsaw whacking through all the opponents oblivious to the fact that someone right next to you is dying! (Judging from myself I may seem like a hypocrit! xD)

Positive feedback;

• You use chilling scream like a boss! Really' it's a great utility, not enough of us use it.
  • No, 1>2>3 rotations. Not really as predictable. You use as you see fit. While some players ask others what skills to use in what order.
  • Video quality & first song in the video were awesome. Found the song and added it to my own playlist.
  • Good you add some rules and understanding at the beginning of your thread.

But all in all, nice vid! Subbed + Liked! :D

Made me want to try vengeance out again for a bit, as I'm really bored of rage. :p

Cheers! ^_^

Edited by Alchies

Hey, I checked it out directly!

Please don't compare my criticism back to my own video but..

• What I did notice was, not enough guarding. Not even a single taunt! :p
  • Not enough intercede, as you have the 20% damage reduction passive I'd definitely use it more. ;)
  • Not really enough team play, but you're more of a chainsaw whacking through all the opponents oblivious to the fact that someone right next to you is dying! (Judging from myself I may seem like a hypocrit! xD)

I'm glad you took the time to point out a few flaws for me. Yes I need to use guard a LOT more as well as intercede, the utility is great I just need to be more aware of it. I haven't found a good key-bind for taunt yet but i am aware of how great a utility it is, the AOE taunt works the same way but for every enemy within its radius which is in my opinion undiscovered OP.

As for my tunnel vision, I just need to play more. I feel like right now I still don't fully understand the ins and outs of my class mechanics and because of that I'm more focused on my character instead of my surroundings. hopefully with time and practice I can commit these things to memory and then expand on a strategical and teamwork level.;)

Thank you so much for your input!:D

Made me want to try vengeance out again for a bit, as I'm really bored of rage. :p

Cheers! ^_^

I'm REALLY glad to hear this makes you want to play Vengeance, I don't think i've seen another Vengeance jug in a warzone for a few days :(.

I'm glad you took the time to point out a few flaws for me. Yes I need to use guard a LOT more as well as intercede, the utility is great I just need to be more aware of it. I haven't found a good key-bind for taunt yet but i am aware of how great a utility it is, the AOE taunt works the same way but for every enemy within its radius which is in my opinion undiscovered OP.

As for my tunnel vision, I just need to play more. I feel like right now I still don't fully understand the ins and outs of my class mechanics and because of that I'm more focused on my character instead of my surroundings. hopefully with time and practice I can commit these things to memory and then expand on a strategical and teamwork level.;)

Thank you so much for your input!:D

No prob! Thanks for the video. Felt like quitting tomorrow, no motivation in my rage spec and every warzone being the same. Not to forget that Ilum is dead. :( But trying this out may just bring me a new challenge. :)

And you also have interrupt on "R", great choice, haha! :D

Hope your thread stays allive so players can see that vengeance is still an option next to rage.

I'm REALLY glad to hear this makes you want to play Vengeance, I don't think i've seen another Vengeance jug in a warzone for a few days :(.

http://i.imgur.com/Njnll.jpg

There we go, haha. ;)

Also, I have a question. How do you perform after 1.1? The new UI change with the cooldown indicators completely wrecked my playstyle, here I am spamming force choke 20 times wondering why it isn't working. But it just turns out to be still on cooldown. :(

Felt like quitting tomorrow, no motivation in my rage spec and every warzone being the same. But trying this out may just bring me a new challenge. :)

:mad:NO!!!! don't quit! I'm glad I saved the day, Vengeance is so much fun!:p

And you also have interrupt on "R", great choice, haha! :D
R is the perfect split between out of the way and readily available, you wont fat finger it but its always within quick reach. :)

Also, I have a question. How do you perform after 1.1? The new UI change with the cooldown indicators completely wrecked my playstyle, here I am spamming force choke 20 times wondering why it isn't working. But it just turns out to be still on cooldown. :(
I will have to post later as I haven't played very much since the patch rolled out. I will let you know! Edited by Supfreshes

Vengeance is going to be my route for dps spec after running with rage for like a week. Its, no offense to rage pvp juggs, so lame and predictable that even I force push or saber ward other rage pvp specced juggs. If I can not do Vengeance then I will be Immortal and let my Pyrotech Merc friend do the dps while I hold his victims down lol.