Request to unbind the " \ " key.

mlsker

WORKAROUND:

Don't know if I got lucky, or if it only worked in pre 1.1 (I haven't logged in since v1.1) but here's something to try:

I bound backslash "\" to KeyBindings>QuickSlots>(At bottom)>Lock/Unlock Quick Bar

I had the same problem, and wanted to find something benign I didn't mind if I accidentally hit, and was nice to have to easily toggle on/off anyway.

Try that function, then if you find any other benign actions in the system to bind it to, post that as well so people get some good options.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my keyboard has the \ key on top of Tab and left of 1, and I use it normally for the "spamable" action keybind.

Now I had lots of trouble with it and finally solved my problem.

It's just a temporary fix while BW doesn't hardcode-unbind that key

So, I've chosen a key for replacement, for me it was the - key (located near my right shift and wasn't used)

Installed AutoHotKey and replaced the example script with this one:

\::-
-::\
^\::^-
^-::^\

That will make your - be the \ and vice-versa (also works with ctrl and alt, thus the ^'s)

Note: AutoHotKey must be ran as Administrator

*Cheers!*

I am making a request about this since some patches alredy arrived and they still didnt fix the problem with the keybind " \ ".

I am very frustrated with the fact that i press the key so many times by mistake and also that it doenst only open a normal window, but it opens the bug report window and that you gotta click with the mouse to close it.

Not just that, but i like to think that it is not just me that uses the " \ " key for something else (in my case i use it for skills) it really bother me that i cant bind it to something else.

Who is with me?

The most useless key in the game, apparently has no effect whatsoever...

I am making a request about this since some patches alredy arrived and they still didnt fix the problem with the keybind " \ ".

I am very frustrated with the fact that i press the key so many times by mistake and also that it doenst only open a normal window, but it opens the bug report window and that you gotta click with the mouse to close it.

Not just that, but i like to think that it is not just me that uses the " \ " key for something else (in my case i use it for skills) it really bother me that i cant bind it to something else.

Who is with me?

I put the auto run key on the backspace and I'm so sick of seeing that ticket screen come up. I went and combed over the keybindings...found the spot where it says it's bound to the backslash and removed it...and it's still coming up.

Why on earth would anyone need this mapped to a key on the keyboard? Are we going to be needing this that often? This should be something on the esc menu. /Resume/Quit/log out/Report Problem/Whatever

And to add insult to injury it forces you to confirm you are canceling the creation of a trouble ticket. lots of fun when it comes up during combat. G@#$@$ CLOSE!!! CLOOOSEEEE!!!! YES, confirm, just get the W#R%@#$@ off my screen!!!

This type of thing was used as a crappy tactic in eve online, spam messages to the target and his screen gets to cluttered to fight. We really don't need that from the server when playing this game.....

Edited by TumblerSW

Hi there!

We've recently had to remove or edit some posts in this thread, and would like to take a moment to remind you to please keep your posts constructive. Please do not simply bump the thread with /signed; make sure you are contributing to the discussion as well!

Thank you.

What more constructive is there to say other then fix it? There is not a lot thought that needs to go in how to fix the problem or what the problem is. The issue is very clear and the solution is very clear. While your guys may not like +1 or /signed, it is a show of how many are effected by the issue... when there is absolutely nothing else to be said about it...

/signed

+1

Fix it...

Given the other problems in this game, this one is about priority number 1 million.

It's just not an issue if you don't flail around the keyboard.

This is also something that would be trivially easy to fix.

However, given they can't even figure out the difference between sorting a list of integers and a list of strings, I won't hold by breath.

Completely agree, fix it! It's not a big deal by any means but a fairly large annoyance that should be trivial to take care of.

This is especially bad on at least some EU keyboards (like mine) where the key is the one left of the "1" key, so you hit it all the time and it is also one of the more useful keys to bind an ability on.

This really has to be changed, the § key (next to 1) is my keybind for slow attacks in every other game I have played and I hit it by mistake all the time in pvp..

Not only that but for some reason I can't bind my key next to Z (<), and from reading this thread I understand some people have that key for bug report.

So I have 2 of the easiest to access keybinds unavailable and in this game with around 40 binds already I could really use those 2...

Edited by lefffen

• 2 weeks later...