New UI Buttons = fail

Crabbok

Please give us the option to set our UI Buttons back to the old method of greaying out until they are ready. This new method makes longer cooldown abilities APPEAR to be up, althrough they might have 5 seconds or more until they are actually up, and leads to alot of errors in combat.

Please give us the option to set our UI Buttons back to the old method of greaying out until they are ready. This new method makes longer cooldown abilities APPEAR to be up, althrough they might have 5 seconds or more until they are actually up, and leads to alot of errors in combat.

Yeah, adapt to all the problems and suck it up. In fact, don't have fun. This game wasn't meant to be fun. Just grind out your bug-ridden story like the rest of us and try to keep the tears off the keyboard!!

/sarcasm

I agree alittle annoying

I agree, this is extremely annoying. You say adapt? So I should adapt to squinting at my long-term cooldown buttons instead of actually watching the environment? Adapt to constantly pressing buttons that don't work and getting my *** kicked because of it?

No, this is a problem I will adapt to, sadly, by leaving the game if unremedied. And I have not complained one time on these forums since starting to play in mid-December.

Holgar

Edited by Holgar

I agree, this is extremely annoying. You say adapt? So I should adapt to squinting at my long-term cooldown buttons instead of actually watching the environment? Adapt to constantly pressing buttons that don't work and getting my *** kicked because of it?

No, this is a problem I will adapt to by quitting if it isn't fixed! And I have not complained one time on these forums since starting to play in mid-December.

Holgar

*applaud*

Thank you, sir.

This is really a symptom of the underlying lack of UI customization. You guys need to go to Curse.com, look at the top twenty most downloaded addons, and ensure that you have the functionality of all of them in your base UI. That, or get us the API. I will not run endgame content until one of these two is the case, and I will burn out on alts in about a month and a half. You have until then to keep my subscription.

That's an observation, not a threat. I am enjoying this game, currently. It's quite good.

While I agree that not giving us the option to have it the way it was or their new way is kind of lame (it's not like we are asking them to create an entirely new way, just a toggle) it really makes people sound childish when they say "change it or I'm taking my toys and going home!" It's just one little part of a huge system.

One of the larger complaints about the game is how much you have to watch your quickbar while in combat.

This change makes the problem worse.

Can BioWare Austin find a focus group or something rather than following executive decisions that are made with the jerking of a knee?

What are you people all moaning about, havent noticed anything different/harder. Get over it ffs

LAWL, IT'S NOT HAPPENING TO ME, THEREFORE IT DOESN'T MATTER! GET OVER IT GUYS, YOU'RE SO SELFISH!

+1 OP, first thing I noticed while logging into the game after the patch. It's a minor thing, yes, but it's still a big annoyance that needs to be fixed. Why they did this in the first place is beyond me.

Edited by Yvin
rude

I really fail to understand the intent of the UI design team. Please reverse or make this change optional, it makes my class, Marauder, even more difficult to play then it already was.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1876460#post1876460

What are you people all moaning about, havent noticed anything different/harder. Get over it ffs

lol if you havent noticed the change you must be blind or just so bad that it didnt matter to you in the first place.

I agree with the OP. Just when you thought it couldnt get any worse but was playable, this change comes. Now its bad and barely playable.

Seriously, who is designing these changes? Do you guys even play the game?

Every fix is 1 step forward two steps back.

The graphics now look great, but now you cant tell whats on or off CD.

I see what they were trying to do i.e. let you know that once the global cooldown was over you would have that skill available, but it's not very helpful for skills with long cool-downs.

If they could have an additional visual indicator for skill cooldowns that would be handy.

Like, oh, a number overlay? (Addon: OmniCC)

I agree -- the new system is awful. On a long cooldown skill, it is very difficult to discern if the skill is actually ready. This is especially problematic in Warzones where my actions depend upon whether my defensive cooldowns are ready.

At least give us a toggle on whether we want the new

garbage

or the OLD system. :)

Please give us the option to set our UI Buttons back to the old method of greaying out until they are ready.
If you were spamming your auto attack/filler button at all times like you should have been, then everything was permanently grayed out and you could never see what CDs were up. Now you can see. The new system is a huge improvement. It could be made better with numerical CD indicators, but that's a different issue. Going back to the old system would be crazy.

I agree that we need separate visual indicators for:

1) skill cooldown timers; and

2) the global cooldown timer

Anything less is too awkward.

Proposed solution:

The GCD could be made to be some kind of bar/orb that fills up or depletes as the GCD winds down.

But, I'm sure there are a lot of ways to improve the UI... and different people would be happy with different improvements.

Edited by Daemonjax

Though I don't have a problem with it, I can see how some people would.

I would prefer BioWare adopt a clockwise style cooldown visual. This would be more readily visible during the last few seconds of cooldown than the single horizontal line moving downward.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Though I don't have a problem with it, I can see how some people would.

I would prefer BioWare adopt a clockwise style cooldown visual. This would be more readily visible during the last few seconds of cooldown than the single horizontal line moving downward.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

This would be the easiest fix. I support it.

If you were spamming your auto attack/filler button at all times like you should have been, then everything was permanently grayed out and you could never see what CDs were up. Now you can see. The new system is a huge improvement. It could be made better with numerical CD indicators, but that's a different issue. Going back to the old system would be crazy.

Or you don't play a class that works like that, maybe a Jedi Guardian for example, where every single ability you use at 50 has a cooldown. And now you can't tell exactly when all these cooldowns are available so you're hitting stuff that isn't ready. And half of the guardian icons are the same color as the timer so that blends nicely.

Or you don't play a class that works like that, maybe a Jedi Guardian for example, where every single ability you use at 50 has a cooldown. And now you can't tell exactly when all these cooldowns are available so you're hitting stuff that isn't ready. And half of the guardian icons are the same color as the timer so that blends nicely.

this is whats happing to me, its making the game unplayable.... :(

You don't use Strike in-between your CDs?