Best View in SWTOR Contest has returned! ×

so what did 1.1 do wrong?

everydaygamer

maybe its cause I'm not 50 and don't pvp but people call the patch a failure but i like alot the things.

1. load screens are much faster then they were pre-patch.

2. much clearer what abilities are on cooldown. (would still like a numerical value shown but even wow doesn't do that without mods).

3. items auto stack when put into the cargo hold (this is my favourite change).

4. AA makes game look even better.

this is just from what I've seen so far. so what was so bad about this patch other than the fact that it didn't magically fix every bug in the game and some pvp exploit (not like everyone pvp's anyways)

AA still doesn't work for me (I have a 6900 card), but I'm not too upset about it because I force it on through the gpu panel with no issues or much of an fps impact.

Didn't have too much of an issue with loading screens in the first place, didn't notice if they were better or worse.

The pvp situation is obviously a bit problematic, but everyone seems to be digging 10-49 lvl pvp so that's definitely something.

The ability cooldown appearance sucks, and I'm not alone on this. Not being able to tell at a glance if a long-CDT ability is available is just bad UI, I have no idea why they put that in, or whether it's a bug or not.

The thing I really like about this patch is the absence of the "green glow" healing effect that could become permanent, and the slight fps optimization they did. My framerates are consistently higher, and the game is finally smooth at 2560x1600 for me, at least during questing, which makes a big visual difference (even though the textures still suck). It still dips down in the 40's when I'm moving around, but for some reason when it was in the 40's before it felt jerky, while now it's playing smoothly. I can't explain why that is, but it definitely feels smoother.

That's really a 'cherry on top' type of thing though, I don't expect every game to play smoothly at 2560x1600 on a single 6950, but when it does I'm very happy.

I won't be happy until ability lag is gone from the game. Especially as a Guardian, where my own blocks dodges and parries interrupt my abilities constantly. 1.1 was primarily a disaster on the PVP side, but it has a general air of being rushed and poorly tested, and will have a serious impact on faction balance in PVP in the future.

Stop listening to trolls.

Remember this is the 1st real competition WoW has so we have haters coming out of the woodwork.

They'll get bored eventually.

Rift went on a marketing blitz to compete directly against WoW and they had well over a million accounts on launch day. SWTOR is not the first real competition.

maybe its cause I'm not 50 and don't pvp but people call the patch a failure but i like alot the things.

2. much clearer what abilities are on cooldown. (would still like a numerical value shown but even wow doesn't do that without mods).

this is just from what I've seen so far. so what was so bad about this patch other than the fact that it didn't magically fix every bug in the game and some pvp exploit (not like everyone pvp's anyways)

1. Maybe by a few seconds, but it also introduced the micro load screens that will pop up multiple times a minute while simply moving through a populated area like the Fleet.

2. You must be playing a different game. Short cooldowns may have become a little more NOTICEABLE, but not clearer. Long cooldowns (10+ seconds) have become a guessing game.

3. FINALLY.

4. FINALLY.

I will explain again:

By chaning the Illum battleground to 30 kills instead of capturing 5 points, Sith began to group up in large numbers and farm republic players just outside their bases. Along with the valor bonuses on ilum, sith were hitting 60 valor in mere hours.

Considering the total population percentage of Sith to Rebels on all servers is 70%/30% Sith would always outnumber us. and dont even mention the fps drop....

And NOW with the lvl 50 PvP bracket, we will be pit against fully battlemaster geared Sith, what fun! though at the present time im writing this, more sith are just camping our base outside illum, and we are ****** the warzones at the moment.

what they did was basically kill the illum battleground, and possibly the future of PvP

Basically from what i gather all the elite who have been lvl 50 since week one are bored. So now they yell and scream until they cancel and move on to dominate and bash the next game.

Rift was never competition for WoW. A few people thought so, but that was wishful thinking. I'm still unconvinced that SWTOR is competition for WoW.

I love this game,

I also like rift. I don't think we will see competition for WoW from any new games. Not because there not better, but with all the choices out right now i don't think a game will gather that subscription rate again. For most of those millions WoW was there first game.

1. Maybe by a few seconds, but it also introduced the micro load screens that will pop up multiple times a minute while simply moving through a populated area like the Fleet.

This is so annoying. Every time I get on an elevator, the loading screen pops instead of the 1 second of black, I have 5 secodns of loading screen (and I can move and interact, just waiting for the screen to go away). Also happens to me on the fleet as mentioned, a loading screen when walking - nothing more annoying. Especially since you are still able to use your controls. Almost went off a cliff on Alderan because of a loading screen pop while on my speeder at a horrible time.

Hope this latest patch fixes this.

Edited by MWM_NoVaCaNe

Stop listening to trolls.

Remember this is the 1st real competition WoW has so we have haters coming out of the woodwork.

They'll get bored eventually.

this game has been getting mind boggling amounts of hate since about 2009. NOTHING bioware could EVER do will stop the endless stream of rage that follows this game.

as for this patch? it let people get ganked for a few hours, sure it was really bad on some servers, but pvp was also great on a lot of servers yesterday as well. now that thats been fixed the new QQ (as there is always something to move on to, when bioware said they would fix lag, people immediately started QQ'ing about the engine instead) is of some fictional imbalance on all servers now, where all the instant battlemasters from yesterday (they don't actually exist) now have such a massive advantage that pvp is somehow impossible.

Edited by UjellyTrollicus