Echuta is NOT a friendly greeting.

justahdude

I was questing in hoth, and the togruta Lodish who starts the Togruta rescue mission opens with "E'Chu-ta" subtitles say it translates to "Master Jedi". I Assure you this DOES NOT translate to that. the subtitles are VERY VERY VERY wrong. In fact Echuta is huttese and is a vulgar word often used as an expletive. needless to say i didnt feel bad when i asked them to pay for their papers, hes lucky i didnt kill him on the spot, which i would have if i could have.

the word or phrase "Echuta" is first heard in the movie Star Wars: Episode V - The empire strikes Back. The scene with C-3PO on bespin is walking past another protocol droid and greets it, the Silver protocol droid cuts C-3PO off and says "Echuta" to which C-3PO responds "How Rude!", shortly there after he wanders into a hallway where he is blasted by imperials for seeing something he wasnt supposed to see...

I was questing in hoth, and the togruta Lodish who starts the Togruta rescue mission opens with "E'Chu-ta" subtitles say it translates to "Master Jedi". I Assure you this DOES NOT translate to that. the subtitles are VERY VERY VERY wrong. In fact Echuta is huttese and is a vulgar word often used as an expletive. needless to say i didnt feel bad when i asked them to pay for their papers, hes lucky i didnt kill him on the spot, which i would have if i could have.

the word or phrase "Echuta" is first heard in the movie Star Wars: Episode V - The empire strikes Back. The scene with C-3PO on bespin is walking past another protocol droid and greets it, the Silver protocol droid cuts C-3PO off and says "Echuta" to which C-3PO responds "How Rude!", shortly there after he wanders into a hallway where he is blasted by imperials for seeing something he wasnt supposed to see...

Echuta could mean do your best Stephanie Tanner impersonation from Fully House

Maybe Huttese has as much to do with inflection and tone as it does the actual word. So, say, E-CHU-ta is sarcastic and rude, while E-chu-TA is respectful.

Or something.

Kinda like how Zachary Quinto delivered his "Live Long and Prosper"...I can dig it. :cool:

ummm I think your wrong here, Echuta was said to C3PO at Jabba's palace gate. The scene you described happened on Bespin Mining facility. And what the droid said was Intruder. But as I type this I could see how it could be echuta because he says the same thing in reply each time. "How rude" hmmm :confused: