Today IS launch day.

nixhexxion

For all the people whining about not getting in, I'm sorry. I'm not in either.

To all of the people whining about the whiners, I'm sorry. I can't stop them.

The truth is TODAY is launch day. Saying any different would be like me saying I'm making a special dinner 5 days from now, but make the same dinner every day up until then and only letting a select few who showed interest in my dinner 5 days from now eat.

It doesn't matter what date bioware says they're going to launch. On the 13th, BW opened up the flood gates to players, EGA is another term for stabilizing servers for the masses that don't get in on day 1-2-3-4-etc.

So stop complaining, today is launch, and you'll get in eventually.

You have my word.

(edited for clarity)

Today is not launch day, today is the start of early access.

Pre-screenings of movies in theaters are not the day that the movie "hits" the theaters, it's just a pre-screening.

Limited Pre opening of a themepark is not the Grand Opening.

Pre-opening access to a museum is not the Grand Opening.

I could go on but you would still not see the connection.

Edited by WereMops

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the OP post and he is wrong, this is not launch day, but the trickle down pre-order day so the system does not take a shilacking.

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

A huge team of talented, passionate people at BioWare, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts as well as many other partners all over the world poured their hearts and souls into this game. We want to thank every single one of them for being part of the team that developed this game; it’s a monumental accomplishment.

Another group of people that we depended upon was you, the players. We had hundreds of thousands of players spend millions upon millions of hours beta testing this game. Without you we never would have been able to build it; thank you for your contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours.

And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer. It’s going to be a great ride.

Finally, we can only think of one appropriate way to sign off on this auspicious occasion:

May the Force be With You!

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

It says LAUNCHING! It is launch

EGA is a marketing scheme. Launch day = 1st day that people can actively play = 1st day of "Early Access".

But I agree with the OP, people should stop whining and stop whining about the whining.

Wonky logic.

Launch day is the first day any and every one who wan't to play can play, not the first day "someone" get's access, ie launchday is the 20th (game is out in the stores, people can go buy it, get home, create account and play)

Op is right, today is launchday and everyone is part of the pioneer family ... everyone able to join.

Ofcause the official launchday is 20th, but look arround, hundret thousands of preordered players awaiting access NOW, because the game has launched .. or is in the launch progress, but the shuttle has taken off already ..

Today is not launch day, today is the start of early access

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

I ask again, if it is not launch day, why does Bioware say it is?

I have to hand it to the OP: Bioware's own message refers to today's activity as the "launching". We'll all have some fun watching more back and forth about the semantics of that I'm sure.

Bottom line: The date upon which all players are promised to have access is the 20th.

You can call it a launch or call this a launch. In about 4 hours I'm going to have lunch. And none of that maters at all.

Sorry, the 20th is no longer the launch day, it can be termed the official Release Day, but launch has occurred; as soon as the first non beta server 'launched' and permanent characters were made, you have launched.

And, as has been documented, actual product has already been received and open, and videos to prove it exist, so you referencing product as a method to verify a future launch date is moot.

In the history that SWTOR makes, the 13th of Dec. 2011 , will be the date referenced as when it began, not the 20th for it began life on that day, IE it launched.......

Wonky logic.

Launch day is the first day any and every one who wan't to play can play, not the first day "someone" get's access, ie launchday is the 20th (game is out in the stores, people can go buy it, get home, create account and play)

Might I direct you to your sig?

I have to hand it to the OP: Bioware's own message refers to today's activity as the "launching". We'll all have some fun watching more back and forth about the semantics of that I'm sure.

Bottom line: The date upon which all players are promised to have access is the 20th.

You can call it a launch or call this a launch. In about 4 hours I'm going to have lunch. And none of that maters at all.

well played sir

Somehow i think you guys missed OP's little joke here he knows 20th is official launch but who playing this game didn't pre-order it and expect to be playing right now? It's an unofficial launch to test their servers and what they can handle as opposed to being WoW releasing it let everyone on at once and watch world servers crash

Today is NOT Launch Day bud.... sorry to bust your bubble

Definition of LAUNCH

transitive verb

a : to throw forward : hurl

b : to release, catapult, or send off (a self-propelled object) <launch a rocket>

a : to set (a boat or ship) afloat

b : to give (a person) a start <launched her on a new career>

c (1) : to put into operation or set in motion : initiate, introduce (2) : to get off to a good start

d : to load into a computer's memory and run <launch a program>

so what part of today's operation by-passed the definition of launch?

I love that people have started making threads to indirectly cry about not being in yet, rather than the more direct QQ's of earlier. This one is even disguised as being about addressing the concerns of others.

Look, we're sorry you're poor, slow, or just unlucky. Your tears will not, unfortunately, lube the hands that send the emails to help them send them faster.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in-game, enjoying the early access granted to a select few people who are just that much more awesome than you are.

For all the people whining about not getting in, I'm sorry. I'm not in either.

To all of the people whining about the whiners, I'm sorry. I can't stop them.

The truth is TODAY is launch day. Saying any different would be like me saying I'm making a special dinner 5 days from now, but make the same dinner every day up until then and only letting a select few who showed interest in my dinner 5 days from now eat.

It doesn't matter what date bioware says they're going to launch. On the 13th, BW opened up the flood gates to players, EGA is another term for stabilizing servers for the masses that don't get in on day 1-2-3-4-etc.

So stop complaining, today is launch, and you'll get in eventually.

You have my word.

(edited for clarity)

Best analogy ever. :rolleyes:

Definition of LAUNCH

transitive verb

a : to throw forward : hurl

b : to release, catapult, or send off (a self-propelled object) <launch a rocket>

a : to set (a boat or ship) afloat

b : to give (a person) a start <launched her on a new career>

c (1) : to put into operation or set in motion : initiate, introduce (2) : to get off to a good start

d : to load into a computer's memory and run <launch a program>

so what part of today's operation by-passed the definition of launch?

The part where you aren't in it.

So sad. :(