invisible mobs?

lolbsterjelly

You sure they aren't just stealthed?

lol

Yes, I'm sure. They stay invisible even after you kill them. Also I can target them if I magically happen to put my mouse over where they should be as it changes to the attack cursor.

What ends up happening is you jump into a group of mobs, after you kill them all you're still being shot at by 'nothing'. You end up targeting the invisible monster from being attacked and then you run around trying to find where it is so you can hit it.(a lot easier if you're ranged, harder if your melee) The mob dies, still invisible the whole time and if it drops loot you can spam your mouse all over the place until the loot icon pops up.

Edited by Toggles

lol

Yes, I'm sure. They stay invisible even after you kill them. Also I can target them if I magically happen to put my mouse over where they should be as it changes to the attack cursor.

What ends up happening is you jump into a group of mobs, after you kill them all you're still being shot at by 'nothing'. You end up targeting the invisible monster from being attacked and then you run around trying to find where it is so you can hit it.(a lot easier if you're ranged, harder if your melee) The mob dies, still invisible the whole time and if it drops loot you can spam your mouse all over the place until the loot icon pops up.

Oh! and when one of those infamous 'black flickers' happen, for that split second these bugged invisible mobs are visible.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm getting this too. Glad I found your post though. Wasn't sure if it was the patch or if my card was borked. It's not really game breaking, but it can be quite annoying.

/COUGH INVISIBLE SPEEDER NPCS /COUGH

I just ran into some invisible fleshraiders in the Jedi starting area (where you have to find the dead Twi'lek father's body).

Luckily my Consular was able to kill them with ranged abilities, but this is realy realy bad.

I didn't want to pull anything and ran what seemed miles away from the mobs but the invisible ones were closer and so the group aggro'ed.

Invisible mobs without even a name or hp bar above their had = no go!

Fix asap!

Yep, i been dealing with lots of invisible mobs on Balmorra, run past what looks like an empty area and BAM! your in combat, sometimes I pull some mobs and there is another mob that I cant see that is attacking me and i have to try and find a spot that I can get to that will disengage me from combat. Lots of areas also for quests that you just cant target the mob or your companion doest do anythings, stands there like an idiot. The stupid bugs is what is annoying me most about this game.

Having your companion dismissed after boarding a shuttle

Unable to compare companion items after summoning them

Mysterious UI that stops working with mouse clicks, having to ctrl U to reverse that problem.

those are 3 of my fav grips let alone the bugs....

growing tired of it, tired of companies that release bug filled games that make you their beta player that cost 60+ for the game not including monthly subs. <cough> EA!

Fix your crap Bioware, after a month not including the months of Beta that much of these bugs should have been ironed out before going gold its gowing old fast.

Well that is my 2 cents!

Oh, 1 more thing I just want to say, Polish and value changes to the game I can understand being needed as that is the nature of MMO games but bugs as large as these is not good customer service... its shareholder service, getting a game out before xmas and end of year quarterly statements is showing where your priorities at the end of the day stands, who pays you to pay your shareholders EA!

WE DO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

Im giving this game a couple more months but if some of these very glaring bugs are not fixed and you keep catering to the 50 crowd with new content without fixing this crap then you can kiss my money good bye!

I do want to see 50 but in all honesty I care less about end game then the journey there and enjoying all the different class stories that you put so much time into. So raiding is the LEAST priority on my list, that would be the 10% crowd right now I think that care about that.

I've seen a couple of them mentioned here, but a few a real show stoppers.

1 ) INVISIBLE ATTACKERS - This one sucks. You can see the red dots on the small area map, but they are not visible in game, and they continue to agro both you, and your companion. Ended up getting kacked a couple of times over this one. PLEASE FIX THAT ASAP. This was a regular bug all over Balmorra, but It seemed more pronounced in the Bonus Missions.

2 ) COMPANION ODD BEHAVIOR - Again, all over Balmorra, but more pronounced during the Bonus Missions. Had this occur with both Kira and Doc, they would "fall down and look dead" but then just as suddenly leap up. During the Okura (sp) Factory Mission, Kira was doing that, floating in combat. This mission also had some HUGE bug that would disconnect me from the server. It also happened to someone else I was grouped with repeatedly. We would restart the game, go back in, and then the disconnect/crash would happen again, we finally used quick travel to exit, then went back in the front.

3 ) FULL CRASH TO BLACK This happened during the Balmorra Bonus Mission to free the Force Sensitives. During Combat. Not just a Crash to Desktop, this was full black, no screen response at all, I ended up rebooting.

There's a number of others, but these were, and have been absolute Show Stoppers.

Edited by LordStarFyre

When starting my consular alt Saturday, I noticed that flickering & invisible mobs on Tython. Didn't see it when first doing that area with my JK in December.

Also haven't seen it anywhere else before or since.

Happened to me a couple times since 1.1

Not a biggie but they should fix it. I always had a companion with me so it was easy to find them and kill them. Kira can see them evidently. I guess if you have the problem on the starter planet it could be more problematic if you can't find them.