Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question appears whether or not those Founding Members will be able to profit from the later to be implemented Legacy System.

More options for character creation? Nice, until it is implemented I will have all 8 characters past lvl 25.

Yes, yes- we went over this before, didn't we? I don't think the sky is falling or that the game is about to die, and I'm not so outraged about patch problems that my palms have marks from my fingernails where I clench my fists in rage.

Therefore I'm a stupidhead with questionable ancestry and gender preferences, I know.

My lack of pure gut-churning rage just makes you even angrier. We get it, really.

I'm with you. This is the first MMO I've ever played for more than 30 minutes and I don't do PVP (getting shanked while trying to get my bearings isn't fun for me, but whatever floats your boat...) so the patch didn't absolutely kill my game last night.

I figure they'll fix it and if worse comes to worst, I'll drop a real letter off at the BW office here in Austin. :-D

Edited to fix a typo.

Edited by SoldierGrrrl

Not really. All it shows is that they want to reward players who bought the game at launch and choose to subscribe past the 30 days that came with the box. Anything is speculation and opinion.

An ingame title is hardly an incentive or freebie that will encourage many to renew their subscription though so if that was the route they were taking would they not have gone for something more substantial and attractive?

It's not for the people that will stay, it's for the people that left/haven't bought game that they want back.

If it was for people that stayed it would have been put out 2 weeks or a month ago, the fact is it announced on the day of a broken patch during the 1st subscription window.

So sad people have no concept of marketing.

Edit:

Hey I can post with being unsubbed, another "bug" ?

Edited by Zezel

Awesome, Bioware. I appreciate it even though many here don't. I like titles and I like this game. Keep more subscriber rewards coming (like Rift is doing with veteran rewards).

Did I mention Rift has 5 graphic modes and AA?

Awesome, Bioware. I appreciate it even though many here don't. I like titles and I like this game. Keep more subscriber rewards coming (like Rift is doing with veteran rewards).

This. Absolutely this. I realize people are having problems, but this thread needs more of this.

good good so years from now i shall be the elite lvl 90 Jedi Sage Rohay the founder and command hundreds of low lvl bantha poodoo against my friend who will be the lvl 90 elite bounty hunter army and at the end of the day we just kill are own team mates because friendly fire will be ON thanks BW Edited by masterjack

It's not for the people that will stay, it's for the people that left/haven't bought game that they want back.

If it was for people that stayed it would have been put out 2 weeks or a month ago, the fact is it announced on the day of a broken patch during the 1st subscription window.

So sad people have no concept of marketing.

If that was the main focus of this I suspect they would have offered something that was more of an incentive, I doubt many who left weeks or a month ago will resubscribe just for an ingame title.

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

I can fully understand why the title had to be announced in that manner.

1. If we silently got it there would be a lot of ************ and whining

2. Most of those who will get it are those who continue subscribing regardless of if there was a title or not

If that was the main focus of this I suspect they would have offered something that was more of an incentive, I doubt many who left weeks or a month ago will resubscribe just for an ingame title.

You just reinforced the "lack of understanding the playerbase" argument that is being made in every thread from Beta, release, patch 1.1 and now this.

Did I mention Rift has 5 graphic modes and AA?

It is a funny thing. I thought that Rift was blah. I just couldn't get into the questing and the fact that they kept re-balancing the classes all the time from the ground up was just ick. You're right that it was a relatively pretty game to play. Glad to know that someone enjoys it though.

Awesome BW, thanks for the title!

Edited by Calimwulf

I can't wait until all you cry babies leave tomorrow. I thought it was good entertainment to hear all these people complain and cry about the shortcomings of this game, but now it's just getting annoying.

The game needs some fixing, I know that, but I'm still going to play and pay bioware next month and maybe the next month after that. I am going to give them a chance.

Please go back to Wow or whatever game you came from and don't come back.

You just reinforced the "lack of understanding the playerbase" argument that is being made in every thread from Beta, release, patch 1.1 and now this.

Only if you delight in seeing the negative side of anything related to the game and Bioware because the game wasn't how you wanted.

Unnecessary and unexpected reward. Thanks!

And for the rest of you "not falling for this trick" people, you remind me of the "threw it on the ground" lonely island video....

"Some kid tries to give me some cake, what am I supposed to do, eat it?"

QQ about free stuff...

As usefull as the Social badge ! Great I was looking forward to this. Never minds the bugs, the exploits , the Farming BOTS , Graphic, Gameplay issue, FlashPoint Bugs.

We want more useless stuff !. Just make sure I don't need another patch to make my title visible.

Only if you delight in seeing the negative side of anything related to the game and Bioware because the game wasn't how you wanted.

Helen Kellar can see the issues with this game. which is ok because all games have "bugs", the arrogance of the development team should make all gamers (including you) stark red in the face.

So how do you feel that the playerbase exposed the missing graphics and Bioware addressed it only after that.

So who is looking out for you?