Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

I mean it's not really that big of a deal. It's some silly vanity thing they added. A lot of the rage in this thread seems misplaced.

No, the rage is legit and here's a little chestnut for you: It has nothing to do with the medal and the title. People are just desperate for an outlet to be heard, and since it's an "official" thread, this is that outlet.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about for people who cancel within their thirty days but later resubscribe the title of "Baby" or "Crybaby Peepants" and make it auto selected

Good call and those that stick past the 1st 30 days a "Fanboy" title to go along with "Flygirl" one.

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

Best part: "It may take up to 7 days for the “Founder” title to be applied."

FU BW, just... FU!

So my reward for subscribing from day 1 is going to be... a title I'll never use because I'd rather have something relevant to what my character has actually done, and a medal that will permanently clog up the bank of each of my characters. Yay.

How about for people who cancel within their thirty days but later resubscribe the title of "Baby" or "Crybaby Peepants" and make it auto selected

Good idea, have them insult their PAYING customers. We all know everyone quit for the same reason during the first month right?

Digression

I was a Founder in LOTRO. True is, that reward keeps me playing it from time to time if I want a change. But it was $199 lifetime membership. It paid off after a year and a half, and though LOTRO is F2P, the VIP status is still nice /grin

We need better incentives that the medal /grin

Yeah the Lotro founder incentive was a lot better. I would be hyped for a lifetime membership option for SWTOR. I had to cancel my sub here cause my account was set to renew one day before I get paid this week and I dont have the money at the moment. I will be resubbing Friday morning though, so I should still get the title as hollow a reward as it is. :rolleyes:

This entire thread can be summed up with an analogy (cause I like analogies)

D-Bag boyfriend repeatedly beats his girlfriend, and as she is leaving he screams

"baby please don't leave, will you marry me?"

Edited by TehIdiot

The general forums of every MMO is filled with children that complain about everything.

Seriously, BW could send them all bricks of gold and they would complain that gold is too heavy.

They irrevocably ruin the PvP scene in this game and then a few hours after saying they aren't going to fix it, come out and hand gold stars out to everyone.

You don't understand the absurdity of this? Even if this was pre-planned it's moronic to pull it out now given how awfully they ****ed up. It just looks like a bribe.

They irrevocably ruin the PvP scene in this game and then a few hours after saying they aren't going to fix it, come out and hand gold stars out to everyone.

You don't understand the absurdity of this? Even if this was pre-planned it's moronic to pull it out now given how awfully they ****ed up. It just looks like a bribe.

This. Bioware is just doing whatever they want, not admitting that their PVP team has screwed up every game they've touched. We don't want that to happen to SWTOR

D-Bag boyfriend repeatedly beats his girlfriend, and as she is leaving he screams

Actually your Analogy would be better fitting if their announcement had been founders title for taking a lifetime membership sub for $199.

Post of the evening

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

Awesome! Am proud to have had the opportunity to be a part of it since Dec 2010 beta and am looking forward to many years more.