Why do you encourage world PvP when your games optimization past 20 people is none?

MercArcher

I'm on a top end PC and on low settings I'm getting ~10-20 FPS with around 150-200 people on my screen. People with average and low end machines are getting 1-5 FPS.

Why did you encourage world PvP so hard when you have yet to do any optimization of your engine? This game has huge issues handling more than 20 people in one spot, now you're forcing 10x that for the PvP dailies/weeklies in Ilum.

What were you thinking?

Does no one else notice this?

if you are on a top end pc and that you are getting 10-20 frames did you consider that some of your system settings are in the way of your pc's top performance ?

did you take it apart and clear all the dust out of vents etc

latest drivers for your top end machine ?

i run on a piece of crap machine and i get 40-50 frams on low settings

i also forced my video card to perform better instead of forcing it to make the game look better

that being said i still have some frame hiccups but nothing major

if you are on a top end pc and that you are getting 10-20 frames did you consider that some of your system settings are in the way of your pc's top performance ?

i also forced my video card to perform better instead of forcing it to make the game look better

You don't get it.

@OP

I also have a top end PC and can barely move in Ilum. It's their servers.

Everyone in our Ilum was complaining about it, and stating their specs on their PC. Many peoples PC blow this game out of the water, yet they are literally getting 5 fps during fights in Ilum.

Ridiculous.

Name an MMO that could run 150-200 players PvPing at once when it was only a few months old...

Even Planetside that was made for such large numbers failed at this when it was young.

They do it because open world PvP is one of the things that puts the 'M's in MMORPG... They all fail at it but everyone still loves the idea.

oh and in the end, Planetside did fix its issues and could run 200 players in one battle... but it did take them 2 years...

Edited by Nomeld

You don't get it.

@OP

I also have a top end PC and can barely move in Ilum. It's their servers.

Everyone in our Ilum was complaining about it, and stating their specs on their PC. Many peoples PC blow this game out of the water, yet they are literally getting 5 fps during fights in Ilum.

Ridiculous.

Ugh, I'm just going to wait until late tonight to do my dailies.

Name an MMO that could run 150-200 players PvPing at once when it was only a few months old...

Even Planetside that was made for such large numbers failed at this when it was young.

They do it because open world PvP is one of the things that puts the 'M's in MMORPG... They all fail at it but everyone still loves the idea.

oh and in the end, Planetside did fix its issues and could run 200 players in one battle... but it did take them 2 years...

RF Online could support battles of a few thousand on launch day.

they can throw out all the new content they want unless they fix the fps/ability lag issues its days are numbered. It makes me sad...

this.

this lag created from ilum is insane, i duno ifit's related but i was lagging like crazy with high fps in a flashpoint earlier as well. we quit the flashpoint as it was impossible to play

RF Online could support battles of a few thousand on launch day.

Darkfall. It only got to Ilum levels of being unplayable with 400+.

nose---------------------------->

I can barely move on all low settings at my reb farm...ehem rebel base on ilum